“Great central location”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Great central location”
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Hilton Surfers Paradise for 3 nights in an Executive Room. Got a great deal with Travel Zoo which included the Room, parking and access to the Executive lounge. We were able to have continental breakfast in the lounge each morning and drinks in the afternoon. The room was modern and clean. We required 2 beds which were 2 singles but 2 doubles would have been more comfortable. Our room was serviced daily but on one occasion was not done but a after a call, this was quickly rectified. Chocolates were left daily and on the last day a gift if shells was left for my daughter which she loved. Great service from the valet, nothing was too hard. Front desk a little slow being a busy long weekend. Did not dine for lunch or dinner on site as there are so many options just a short walk away.

• Stayed October 2013
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear OZTRVL79,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay in October, I appreciate your feedback.

We were delighted to see that your enjoyed your stay and that your daughter enjoyed the shells left as a small momento.

We look forward to seeing you back in the future.

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Excelsior, Minnesota
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We checked into the Hilton on day one of what would be a two night stay, We were asked if we minded an 8th floor room. Not realizing that we would hear party revelers in the streets from 2:30 a.m. to 4:30 a.m., we gladly accepted the room. When we asked for better arrangements the following morning, we were treated like royalty. The situation was remedied professionally, and to our complete satisfaction. We would, absolutely, return to this hotel, knowing that you need a room on a higher floor, if you want peace and quiet through the night. The host in the restaurant was excellent!! Knowing we hadn't slept well, he took good care of us....with a cheerful, sympathetic attitude. Thanks, Hilton staff. Judy and Joe C.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor for peace and quiet. They party in the streets all night :)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy C
Dear Judy and Joe,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and I was pleased to see that we were able to manage your needs in an empathetic manner. I am pleased to see that you would return in the future and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Tauranga, NZ
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Nice rooms, excellent quality bedding and bathrooms, lobby a bit like a shopping centre atrium. NO FREE WIFI- when will hotel chains get this- even bed and breakfasts, backpackers and mcdonalds provide this. It is a ripoff when paying this much for a room that you have to pay another $10 for minimum access.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kias,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed the comfort of your bed and other amenities in your room. I have noted your feedback regarding WiFi and would add that we do provide free access to WiFi in the hotel lobby. Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members also receive complimentary Internet access as a benefit.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise, we hope to see you back on future travels.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The staff were nice, facilities nice, but the room and what we paid for it just didn't seem worth it to me. The lounges were uncomfortable and couldn't sit in them for long, and we were told ocean view - and we were stuck behind a building.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rachel F,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you found the team at the hotel were to your expectations, I am sorry that you were not entirely pleased with the accommodation.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I was hung up on several times, most of my questions remained unanswered, I couldn't place an order for arrival gift, and no HHonours membership. After this disasterous, lengthy experience to make and pay for my booking (in advance), I was assured that this was not normal or acceptable. Consideration would be taken in light of mine, my familys' first stay at any Hilton, on my mothers 60th birthday.We were treated to a complimentary bottle of champagne on arrival, and no charge for the chocolate covered strawberries I eventually ordered. The floor level we were assigned exceeded both my expectation, and the advice given to me when I made my booking. To welcome us to the hotel, I and my mother received personalised letters from the Manager-who phoned our room on arrival, spoke to my mother, and assured her that all her requests would be met. He wished us a happy stay. Any issues were to be raised with him directly. The only other issues I could say that we experienced, was the sofa bed that I paid for was not made up on arrival(taken care of within 10 minutes). By 8am, the cleaners were taking care of the pool and surrounding areas from the night before's Christmas party festivities. I completed the customer survey form, and wrote a note on the invoice - requested my thanks passed to all the staff personally involved in taking care of our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Marni J,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

We were happy to see that after your intitial experience making a reservation you enjoyed your stay at the the hotel. It is great when we can create positive memories.

Thanks for staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences and we hope to see you back on future travels.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Spent two nights at the Hilton at the end of September and highly enjoyed the stay. We had an ocean view room up on a high floor with Club access. Staff was friendly and permitted us to check in early although we did not pay for early check in option. Major construction around the roads leading to the hotel made finding it a bit of a challenge but we eventually got into the underground parking garage. Our room was beautiful, clean and modern and had great views along the Gold Coast. Big comfy bed and a huge bathroom with large tub and separate shower. Club access was excellent as we were able to get free breakfast and light dinner and drinks every night. The hotel is in very busy area right in the heart of Surfers Paradise. Loads of shops and restaurants right at your door. Those looking for more of an authentic beach experience might do better to head further down the coast to less busy areas. The hotel is expensive but worth if it you are looking to indulge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Michael D,

Thank you for posting your review following your stay in September. We appreciate your feedback.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax while you enjoyed views over the ocean. We are also pleased that you enjoyed the Executive Lounge and our location in the heart of Surfers Paradise.

We hope to see you back on future travels.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Hotel was excellent. Room and furnishings couldn't be faulted. Room service and restuarants were very good. Check in and check out took longer than they needed to be...but they did give us a complimentary bottle of wine while we waited for our room to be ready. Would go back again and stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Susan H,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that the team provided a bottle of wine for you to enjoy while you were waiting for your room.

Thanks for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and we look forward to seeing you back in future travels.