“wonderful stay”

Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Canberra
“wonderful stay”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

After many years watching this hotel being built from the balcony of another hotel, my friends and I were determined to stay here. We booked a 2 bedroom ocean view apartment. The apartment was lovely, and I have to say the most comfortable bed and pillows that I have ever used in a hotel, just sheer luxury.
The rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff very helpful and keen to provide any service. The reception staff extremely polite and helpful and the conceige staff just wonderful...excellent customer service from all concerned.
Our rooms ocean views a bit disappointing though, as our balcony didnt face onto the ocean, but instead was side on. But the views from our room overall was stunning looking out on the different angles. I feel the hilton is a bit on the pricey side, in comparison to Cavill on Circle, which provide a better ocean view, and bigger rooms.

Room Tip: if you arrive early and your room is available you can book in early.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Kezzalin,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

We were pleased to see that you finally had the opportunity to stay at a Hilton Surfers Paradise Residence. It was great to see you enjoyed your stay and had a comfortable night's sleep. While not all apartments have a direct ocean view they do offer a great variety of the best the Gold Coast offers from ocean to hinterland.

We look forward to seeing you return on future travels.

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 March 2014

lets start at the beginning

Hotels.com booking for an executive suit
Hotel had something called a relaxation suit and they put me in that.
I am not sure how these people categorize their rooms but tis was nothing more than a room. New it was and the toilet is good, but everything else is just a standard room elsewhere.
Second room I booked was a standard room and some 130 less - it had a balcony and was terrifically set out.
The lobby is basically untended, there is a coffee shop though
There is no restaurant open for lunch
Laundry and dry cleaning is not available on weekend
Pool area s closed post 8 pm
Executive lounge is closed at 6 pm I believe
If you want a quiet night sleep - forget it - the windows are not double glazed - its as if you are at the night club.

Its classified as 5 stars, but its is nothing more than a new overpriced 3 star.
Stay away, do your self a favor
You will find some of the staff to be great -but be ware of Angela - Be guarded that if you question the quality and price of your room you will be confronted and you may even have her try and stand over you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank dacrowd
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Hi - I only have wonderful things to say about my actual stay at the Hilton Surfers Paradise. It is my favourite hotel stay in a long time (and I love travelling)!
On arrival we looked a little lost trying to find a lift and were immediately helped by a staff member.
We stayed on a Saturday night and paid for an executive room (we got a deal which made it very reasonable for the price) for my husband's birthday and were given a room with a lovely side view from the balcony towards the ocean on the second highest floor. The room was clean, comfortable and spacious. I loved that the shower was a walk in type rather than a bath shower that you seem to get at even some of the flashiest hotels. My husband was given a complimentary bottle of bubbly for his birthday which he really enjoyed.
The large pool was freezing cold in the afternoon but on further investigation we found a heated indoor pool and spa inside - perfect for an evening dip.
The executive room comes with exec lounge access and we had tapas and free drinks between 6 and 8pm - the tapas was far more substantial than we thought and we had to stop ourselves from over-indulging as we had dinner booked at Salt Grill! The zuchinni and bacon soup was lovely. The staff in the exec lounge were very welcoming and helpful.
Dinner in Salt Grill was very enjoyable. The restaurant was predictably busy for a Saturday night but the wait staff were friendly and the food was tasty - they were happy to make me a mocktail off the menu for me. When booking the restaurant online, free hotel parking is one of the options included with the booking saving us some money.
We could hear a fair bit of nightclub noise from our room but this was I guess to be expected considering it was a Saturday night and the fact that we were right in the heart of Surfers....we were so tired at the end of a busy day that this didn't really bother us.
Continental breakfast in the executive lounge the next morning was plesant and came with a great view over Surfers, plus newspapers and magazines to read. We were even able to check out from the exec lounge meaning no waiting around - hassle free, individualised service. Overall we both thoroughly enjoyed the stay and will be back again! We would reccomend the Hilton Surfers to anyone!
Now for the part I hope the hotel takes note of - I nearly cancelled the booking before we even came - I am really pleased I gave the booking a second chance after our lovely stay but I would reccomend management rectify the problem which turned us off staying so much before we'd even arrived.
After I booked our stay online I realised that the email address I'd given was spelt incorrectly (my fault) so I hadn't received my booking confirmation email. I tried ringing the hotel direct on a Saturday to be transferred through to the US where I was told they were doing maintenance on the line and could I ring back in half an hour. I explained I wanted to talk with someone at the Hilton in Surfers Paradise, Australia and they told me because it was out of hours I had been transferred to the US. They took my name and phone no and told me the hotel would contact me during business hours.......no phone call so three days later I rang during business hours only to be transferred through to the US again! Seems it is impossible to actually talk to someone at the hotel you've booked at! The man managed to fix my issue with the email but then he told me due to the inconvenience he would transfer me to someone who could give us some bonus offers - then I was put through to what could only be described as a call centre trying to solicit personal information. They wanted to know my amongst other things my income and my husband's - when I told him I was about to go on maternity leave and therefore would not have an income he then told me the bonuses were not available as I couldn't tell him an income! How rude - I never expected to be transferred to a dodgy call centre by a top hotel chain let alone be asked to provide personal details to someone thousands of miles away only to be told I was ineligable for their dodgy scheme because I couldn't give them my income.
Please Please Please look into a way that customers can talk directly with someone at the hotel if they request this! I didn't mind being transferred to the US on the weekend, or even initally when I rang on a weekday, but if a customer directly requests to then speak to someone at the hotel they are staying at in Australia, this should happen immediately. Also consider that transferring customers through to a call centre type business that wants personal details is not something I would even expect from a regional hotel, let alone one of the top hotel chains in the world.
As you can see I am of two minds about the entire experience. I LOVED everything about my stay but implore the Hilton to reassess their customer contact procedures - this was the only blight on an otherwise perfect stay.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 14th of 15 floors and could still hear nightclub activity from Cavill Ave - for wee...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank carolynpo
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear carolynpo,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you found Salt grill and the Executive Lounge added to your enjoyment. I have noted your feedback regarding your interaction with the reservation call centre and apologise for the inconvenience. I will share your comments with those concerned as it would have appropriate for the the call to be transferred to the hotel once the reason for your call had been identified.

We do hope that we will see you back at the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Great location. Close to everything in Surfers. Very comfortable room with all the amenities. Kids had a ball in kids pool while we were able to watch while sipping cocktails. Loved staying here and will definitely be back again with my husband and kids.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear alison636,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax by the pool while the chldren enjoyed themselves. We hope to see you back soon.

SYDNEY, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Clean accommodation in the heart of the Surfers, breakfast & staff were excellent with great advice on getting around the place. Hotel features were fantastic with three pools and spa along with a gym gave us the option of activities for the whole day without leaving the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Con P,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see you enjoyed your stay and that the pools and gym added to your experience. We hope to see you back soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Whilst staying at the Hilton Hotel Residences, the service received from the staff was excellent. From the prompt check in service to the discreetness of the hotel staff as I had organised balloons to be delivered to the room. Thank you

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Alicia C,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay and the service from the team at Hilton Surfers Paradise. We hope to see you back soon.

Sunshine Coast
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

The location is unbeatable being right on the best street of surfers for nightlife, shopping around the corner and beach only metres away.
The restaurant 'Salt' although expensive is worth a visit if you can afford it. Steak was the best I've had here in qld. Breakfast was good. Fresh omelette & pancakes (made to order) incl. with buffet. Beds are extremely comfortable.
Negative points: rooms aren't well equipped with nowhere to eat a meal. No chairs and table in our room and no furniture at all on the balcony which is a huge disappointment. This really needs to be addressed. This stopped us from ordering room service..
It's for this reason, I'm not sure that I would stay here again unless I spotted a really good deal because I don't think it was worth the money.
I would definately dine here again though.

• Stayed February 2014
Daer rewabred,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and our location. Thank you for your recommendation of the steak at Luke Mangan's Salt Grill and I it was great to see you enjoyed breakfast.

I have noted your feedback regarding furniture on the hotel room balconies which is something we will take on board. Residences at Hilton Surfers Paradise all have balcony furniture so this might be a choice for you if you return.