“Luxury”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. Lactation- in the heart of Surfers paradise. All happenings in this area. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment. You get everything in it. You can buy all food items from the supermarkets around. You get all cookingware in the apartment. Just 100m. Staff is very kind. We requested a complimentary stroller before arrival and it was arranged at check in time. Many day tour shops around and they have good deals. I think this is the best place to stay in gold coast. Careful with the shower cubicle door as the hotel has to upgrade the safety of the door, however no harm for guests.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ronDubai
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear ronDubai,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback and was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences. We hope to see you back on future travels.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

I always stay at the Hilton when it's an option. The rooms and hotel were gorgeous and well-appointed. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The executive floor (where I always stay worldwide) had great food, beverages and a beautiful view.....
My only 'however' is about the executive lounge....that there were a lot of noisy children running about and playing, the executive lounge was under-staffed and it felt more like a games' room than an executive oasis. What I usually love about executive lounges are that I can get away from it all, get some work done and yes...even lounge... I know that Surfer's Paradise is a tourist destination....but children are not business people and shouldn't be in the lounge...if they can't be respectful and quiet. There are swimming pools, games rooms and a beach for playing....I felt that executive lounge was not an option. If you are a serious business person looking for a base for business in the Gold Coast...this lounge and the executive floor are not the best choice.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear AussieCanadian,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that in general your stay met expectations and we value your loyalty to Hilton. I have noted your feedback regarding the Executive Lounge. During School Holidays we see more families staying at the hotel which would also flow to the Lounge. I am sorry this impacted on your stay, outside of the holiday season the Lounge offers a quieter ambience.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had a 2 bedroom apartment in the Boulevard Tower with city and beach views. I think the Orchid Tower may have better front on beach views. Our apartment was clean and comfortable with everything we needed. The pools were ok albeit a bit cold. The main pool lost the sun early in the day so at times it was too cold to go for a swim. The BBQ areas were ok however there were no water taps in the area which was inconvenient when cooking.I would stay here again for the right price!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank suzaru07
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear suzaru07,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in a Hilton residence and our pool and BBQ areas. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we will see you back on future travels.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

stayed at the Hilton apartments last night. We stayed in a 2 bedroom deluxe in the residence part of the hotel. Rooms were very clean and modern. Great location everything you need is right downstairs. Walk straight out of the hotel into the heart of surfers paradise and Cavill Avenue. Great location for going out to restaurants or clubs etc. Definitely worth the price just for the location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Emily W,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our location suited your needs. It was also pleasing to see that you found the apartment to be clean and modern. One of the benefits of staying in a Residence is that guests have full access to all the services provided by the hotel.

We hope to see you back on future travels.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 1 night, a Saturday. Room has 1 bed and we were charged $60 for a roll away cot, this was outrageous and I was not advised about this prior to check in.
We were on the 3rd floor, there was a function on the pool deck, everyone at the pool were removed and party started. Music went until 11pm and security helped a few people leave as they were so intoxicated they were carried out, so much for responsible service of alcohol.
Location wise there's a strip club and a few other bars/ nightclubs in the close proximity of the hotel so it's quite noisy.
I found it just wasn't a pleasant stay, staff were nice but there are a thousand better options in surfers paradise/ Gold Coast.... And they don't charge $60 for a rollaway

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Desire_2223

Dear Desire_2223,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that you did not entirely enjoy your stay. In reference to the rollaway bed charge, room rates at the hotel are provided for a maximum of 2 guests staying in a hotel room, additional bedding by means of a rollaway bed accounts for the third person staying in the room. This is normal practice and I am sorry that you were unaware that the charge would be made.

I am also sorry that you were affected by noise coming from a function on the pool deck and that we did not seem to offer you an alternative.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise. Please do let me know if you plan a return so that we can ensure a more memorable experience.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Really great location however avoid a low floor on a Saturday evening (can be quite noisy downstairs). Executive lounge is great - given the location so close to the beach, would be great to be offered beach towels (need to sneak down towels from your room).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear David P,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback and was very pleased to see that you enjoyed you time at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

We hope to see you back on future travels.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Only if you would like to stay with cockroach,!

My husband and I stayed with another couple in this hotel. We stayed 4nights and caught cockroach every night. The hotel staff pretend innocent and they never see these kind of things in hotel. However, they privde me a can of pesticide which is almost finished!

For the first one, we just checked in. Staff stated someone may bring it from another hotel from the suitcase. We changed room. For the second one, staff said it may come from windows. Tried about these excuse!

The room is not up to understand. They put and left our clothes on the floor after make up room. It was cockroach walking around!

No standard in the room. Missed towels, slippers, body wash, so you need to request. The dish washing machine is out of order!

The reception is not happy to serve people from check in to any inquiries. They were even not answering the questions in the proper way!

Anyway, I can't imagine it is so called HILTON!

Won't stay in any Hilton!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank TAM H

Dear TAM H,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that your stay was not as expected and I have shared you feedback with the team.

I note your comments regarding insect activity and also note that we facilitated a move to an alternative room as you were not comfortable staying where you were. I would advise that regular inspections are conducted on all apartments and Hotel rooms by our Pest Control supplier and there is no indication of activity noted. There are seasons when insects such as that described in your feedback do fly around. It may be that one entered your apartment while a door was open. I am sorry that the housekeeping team did not find the insect during their servicing of the apartment.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise and once again apologies that you did not have an enjoyable stay.