“3 bedroom suite ”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“3 bedroom suite ”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a 3 bedroom suite in April of 2014. Room has a fantastic view of the ocean and had a smaller than expected balcony. Small stains on the couches in the living room and scuff marks on the walls through the apartment (not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel that hasn't even been open 3 years). No tv in the main bedroom. Hotel also forgot to collect our breakfast menu from the during the night, when I woke up in the morning and our breakfast had arrived I checked outside and found the menu hanging on the door, rang reception and they sent up a free breakfast, but didn't except this from a 5 star hotel. Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear amisek,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that in general your stay met expectations in relation to your apartment. I have passed on you feedback regarding the scuff marks and couch to those responsible. There is a regualr maintenance schedule in place so am sorry that we had not been able to address the issues you encountered in the apartment prior to your arrival.

I am sorry for the inconvenience related to your breakfast menu not being collected but was pleased to see that we provided a complimentary brekafast in recognition of this.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences.

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (699)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) in an executive room. The room was large enough for us with a balcony and very good views of the ocean. The shower was very good but there is no bath so don't forget to ask if you want a room with a bath. The Executive lounge provided some excellent views from window side tables. There were plenty of drinks available including a variety of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks. The food was OK at night and the continental breakfast was adequate. On checking in we were assured that Wi Fi was free but on receiving our bill charges had been included. To their credit this was quickly rectified without fuss. The hotel is close to the beach and the centre of Surfer's Paradise. We usually stay at Broadbeach a short distance south of Surfer's Paradise and will continue to do so in the future. This is not a reflection on this hotel but the area is tacky and not very interesting. So overall a reasonable enough stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear daisycutter,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that in general your stay met your expectations and was pleased that we rectified the wifi charges promptly and apologise for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked a king relaxation suite for our anniversary over the week end. I chose the Hilton as it had good reviews and we wanted to dine at Salt restaurant. Unfortunately I was very disappointed and asked to check out 2 hours later so we could go to a better hotel. I spoke to the manager to ask if we could have a refund, he was very good about it but also asked why I was not happy and the following is what I told him.
We came up the dirty industrial lift from the carpark with concrete floors, we arrived in the foyer also with dirty concrete floors, grey concrete walls and a long que of people who I later realised were validating their parking tickets as they had shopped in the area. I believe they have gone for a minimalist, industrial look, not the look of a 5 star hotel. Our room was more disappointment as I expected the full ocean view but it is obscured by other high rises and you look down upon grungy roof tops of night clubs. The furniture was similar to the drive in motel I had stayed in the week before and the attention to detail was lacking. No furniture on the balcony, no wine or spirits in the motel style mini bar, not hooks in the bathrooms and hair in the bath that was not mine. I went up to the lounge where for afternoon tea a cake had been placed on a stand on the corner of a huge stainless steel bench with a knife to help yourself. The coffee machine was filthy and there was sugar over the bench. I was expecting the usual canapes and petit fours of most 5 star lounges and a staff member to serve coffee. The furniture here also looked drab and grubby.
I ventured down to the pool area which is quite large with a big spa but it is also shared by the residences tower. It was very busy and the large spa was full of noisy people and surrounded by used plastic glasses. After paying $100 less at a 5 star in Melb the week before and being totally impressed and pampered, the Hilton was not looking good for our anniversary celebrations.
However I am very grateful that we were allowed to check out with a minimum of fuss and the manager also called the next day to acknowledge what had happened which was nice. I must say the service was not the problem, although when I returned on the Monday and asked for the refund the manager Angela tried to convince me that I had not paid, there was only a hold on my account. i explained to her that I had pre-paid 2 weeks previous and she asked me to confirm that with my bank to convince her. After calling my bank in front of her and everyone behind me in the que, she then said she was not authorized to give me the refund anyway. I am not sure why she went through that embarrassing exercise but about a week later my refund came through.
If you are expecting a 5 star hotel experience then the Hilton at Surfers Paradise is not the one to choose.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LeonieshorncliffeQLD
Dear Leonieshorncliffe,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that your left the hotel shortly after arriving and that the design of the property was not as you expected. The intent of the design is to provide a more urban feel reminiscent of Melbour Laneways rather than a typical seaside resort. I acknowledge that this may not be to everyone's taste and that it was a factor in your decision to leave early. I would like to assure you that while the tiles in the lobby are grey there is a regular cleaning schedule for all areas in line with what would be expected of our brand.

The real test of a hotel is consistency of service and I was pleased to see that what you experienced from the team in general met your expectations. I have discussed your comments concerning the discussions related to your refund with those concerned.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Generla Manager
Auckland
Reviewed 16 April 2014

You couldn't possibly be any more central than this hotel if you want to be in Surfers Paradise. Maybe not quite to the standard of the Hilton in Sydney but still of a very high quality. The executive lounge is great with a full range of continental breakfast options. The parking for central Surfers Paradise is brilliant and reasonably priced at $15 a day.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the sea and on a high level you do get some noise from the bars.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear RobNZ,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found our location convenient. We hope to see you back on future travels.

Dubai
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. Lactation- in the heart of Surfers paradise. All happenings in this area. We booked a 2 bedroom apartment. You get everything in it. You can buy all food items from the supermarkets around. You get all cookingware in the apartment. Just 100m. Staff is very kind. We requested a complimentary stroller before arrival and it was arranged at check in time. Many day tour shops around and they have good deals. I think this is the best place to stay in gold coast. Careful with the shower cubicle door as the hotel has to upgrade the safety of the door, however no harm for guests.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ronDubai
Dear ronDubai,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback and was very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences. We hope to see you back on future travels.

Sydney
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

I always stay at the Hilton when it's an option. The rooms and hotel were gorgeous and well-appointed. The staff were friendly and welcoming. The executive floor (where I always stay worldwide) had great food, beverages and a beautiful view.....
My only 'however' is about the executive lounge....that there were a lot of noisy children running about and playing, the executive lounge was under-staffed and it felt more like a games' room than an executive oasis. What I usually love about executive lounges are that I can get away from it all, get some work done and yes...even lounge... I know that Surfer's Paradise is a tourist destination....but children are not business people and shouldn't be in the lounge...if they can't be respectful and quiet. There are swimming pools, games rooms and a beach for playing....I felt that executive lounge was not an option. If you are a serious business person looking for a base for business in the Gold Coast...this lounge and the executive floor are not the best choice.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear AussieCanadian,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that in general your stay met expectations and we value your loyalty to Hilton. I have noted your feedback regarding the Executive Lounge. During School Holidays we see more families staying at the hotel which would also flow to the Lounge. I am sorry this impacted on your stay, outside of the holiday season the Lounge offers a quieter ambience.

Thank you for staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We had a 2 bedroom apartment in the Boulevard Tower with city and beach views. I think the Orchid Tower may have better front on beach views. Our apartment was clean and comfortable with everything we needed. The pools were ok albeit a bit cold. The main pool lost the sun early in the day so at times it was too cold to go for a swim. The BBQ areas were ok however there were no water taps in the area which was inconvenient when cooking.I would stay here again for the right price!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank suzaru07
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Dear suzaru07,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay in a Hilton residence and our pool and BBQ areas. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and hopefully we will see you back on future travels.