“Views of Surfers & Mountains”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Views of Surfers & Mountains”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We recently stayed in the Hilton Residences for a four night stay in a one bedroom apartment. We arrived from a cruise so we arrived at 9.30-10am and were immediately provided a room.

The reception and consierge staff were helpful and friendly.

The rooms are a fantastic size. Comfy beds. Well stocked kitchen appliances for if you wanted too cook. Lovely furniture and amenities. They've got pillow menus and a large lists of hampers and items you can have your room stocked with.

There are a few pools so plenty of choice indoor and outdoor.

Location, location, location... It's in the heart of Surfers Paradise. A little walk from the beach (less than five minutes at a slow dawdle because there's so much to see and do on the way). It's in the heart of the shopping, restaurants and club prescinct.

We stayed on level 28 and the views were fantastic. The whole left side of the apartment was glass windows onto the fantastic view of the river and mountains. The balcony was large and spacious I liked to have my coffee there in the mornings.

The breakfast was tasty in Salt Grill. The do a fantastic omelette. If you didn't want to eat there you are spoilt for choices as there are so many great cafés nearby.

Hilton is on the pricey end but I believe you get what you pay for and it's worth the extra splurge as the service and location are fantastic and the rooms are really worth it.

We will stay there again for sure

• Stayed April 2014
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Princesschaos,

Thank you for posting your review.

It's a pleasure to read you had a fantastic stay and especially loved the location of the hotel together with the service of our team.

I am pleased you enjoyed Salt grill for breakfast and enjoyed the comfort of your balcony.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a 2 night stay on the 16 & 17th April. The room was on the 10th floor with great views of Surfers Paradise Beach. The staff were wonderful and very friendly. There are 3 pools, a fitness centre and Cavill Avenue is at your doorstep. Although we were there during school holidays there was never a crowd at the pool etc. We can't wait to return for another visit.

1 Thank Shelley B
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is our 2nd visit to this outstanding Hotel. We stayed in a deluxe room on the 10th floor. We had a wonderful view over Surfers Paradise beach with a luxurious room and bathroom. The staff from check in to housekeeping to the coffee shop and then to check out were all very efficient and friendly. We look forward to returning soon.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Shelley B,

Thank you for posting your review I appreciate your feedback.

I am pleased to read your second stay with us didn't disappoint and you enjoyed your luxurious room and bathroom.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your third stay very soon.

Coolangatta, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Our room on the 10th level, overlooked cavil ave and had huge floor to ceiling windows and a big bathroom. The bed was super comfy, there is noise at night so bring earplugs if you cant handle the thump thump of the clubs below. A few final touches in room missing, no pen, plates, bottle opener etc.. no big deal. Club executive lounge is nice & food is tasty. Service is excellent.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mantisalive
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear mantisalive,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

It was great to see that you enjoyed your stay and the service at the Executive Lounge. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in a 3 bedroom suite in April of 2014. Room has a fantastic view of the ocean and had a smaller than expected balcony. Small stains on the couches in the living room and scuff marks on the walls through the apartment (not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel that hasn't even been open 3 years). No tv in the main bedroom. Hotel also forgot to collect our breakfast menu from the during the night, when I woke up in the morning and our breakfast had arrived I checked outside and found the menu hanging on the door, rang reception and they sent up a free breakfast, but didn't except this from a 5 star hotel. Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear amisek,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that in general your stay met expectations in relation to your apartment. I have passed on you feedback regarding the scuff marks and couch to those responsible. There is a regualr maintenance schedule in place so am sorry that we had not been able to address the issues you encountered in the apartment prior to your arrival.

I am sorry for the inconvenience related to your breakfast menu not being collected but was pleased to see that we provided a complimentary brekafast in recognition of this.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) in an executive room. The room was large enough for us with a balcony and very good views of the ocean. The shower was very good but there is no bath so don't forget to ask if you want a room with a bath. The Executive lounge provided some excellent views from window side tables. There were plenty of drinks available including a variety of wines, beers, spirits and soft drinks. The food was OK at night and the continental breakfast was adequate. On checking in we were assured that Wi Fi was free but on receiving our bill charges had been included. To their credit this was quickly rectified without fuss. The hotel is close to the beach and the centre of Surfer's Paradise. We usually stay at Broadbeach a short distance south of Surfer's Paradise and will continue to do so in the future. This is not a reflection on this hotel but the area is tacky and not very interesting. So overall a reasonable enough stay.

Dear daisycutter,

Thank you for posting your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was pleased to see that in general your stay met your expectations and was pleased that we rectified the wifi charges promptly and apologise for the inconvenience.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked a king relaxation suite for our anniversary over the week end. I chose the Hilton as it had good reviews and we wanted to dine at Salt restaurant. Unfortunately I was very disappointed and asked to check out 2 hours later so we could go to a better hotel. I spoke to the manager to ask if we could have a refund, he was very good about it but also asked why I was not happy and the following is what I told him.
We came up the dirty industrial lift from the carpark with concrete floors, we arrived in the foyer also with dirty concrete floors, grey concrete walls and a long que of people who I later realised were validating their parking tickets as they had shopped in the area. I believe they have gone for a minimalist, industrial look, not the look of a 5 star hotel. Our room was more disappointment as I expected the full ocean view but it is obscured by other high rises and you look down upon grungy roof tops of night clubs. The furniture was similar to the drive in motel I had stayed in the week before and the attention to detail was lacking. No furniture on the balcony, no wine or spirits in the motel style mini bar, not hooks in the bathrooms and hair in the bath that was not mine. I went up to the lounge where for afternoon tea a cake had been placed on a stand on the corner of a huge stainless steel bench with a knife to help yourself. The coffee machine was filthy and there was sugar over the bench. I was expecting the usual canapes and petit fours of most 5 star lounges and a staff member to serve coffee. The furniture here also looked drab and grubby.
I ventured down to the pool area which is quite large with a big spa but it is also shared by the residences tower. It was very busy and the large spa was full of noisy people and surrounded by used plastic glasses. After paying $100 less at a 5 star in Melb the week before and being totally impressed and pampered, the Hilton was not looking good for our anniversary celebrations.
However I am very grateful that we were allowed to check out with a minimum of fuss and the manager also called the next day to acknowledge what had happened which was nice. I must say the service was not the problem, although when I returned on the Monday and asked for the refund the manager Angela tried to convince me that I had not paid, there was only a hold on my account. i explained to her that I had pre-paid 2 weeks previous and she asked me to confirm that with my bank to convince her. After calling my bank in front of her and everyone behind me in the que, she then said she was not authorized to give me the refund anyway. I am not sure why she went through that embarrassing exercise but about a week later my refund came through.
If you are expecting a 5 star hotel experience then the Hilton at Surfers Paradise is not the one to choose.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LeonieshorncliffeQLD
Dear Leonieshorncliffe,

Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feedback.

I was sorry to see that your left the hotel shortly after arriving and that the design of the property was not as you expected. The intent of the design is to provide a more urban feel reminiscent of Melbour Laneways rather than a typical seaside resort. I acknowledge that this may not be to everyone's taste and that it was a factor in your decision to leave early. I would like to assure you that while the tiles in the lobby are grey there is a regular cleaning schedule for all areas in line with what would be expected of our brand.

The real test of a hotel is consistency of service and I was pleased to see that what you experienced from the team in general met your expectations. I have discussed your comments concerning the discussions related to your refund with those concerned.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Generla Manager