It has been more than a decade since I last spent any time at the Gold Coast or more correctly in Surfers Paradise. I flew in for a mates 40th bday and booked 4 nights at the Hilton to be close to the action.
Check in ran smoothly and I was shown to my room on the 12 floor with views of main beach from the balcony. The room was pretty nondescript and while functional, tidy and clean it could have been any business hotel. This really shouldn't be the case I assume the Hilton Surfers isn't marketing itself as a business hotel.
For those keen on the night life the hotel is smack bang in the middle of Cavill Avenue which has numerous bars and food options. Sadly Cavill avenue doesn't appear to have gotten much better in the past decade and still has a few drunks wandering the streets and the Hotel has a number of nightclubs that are very close. It would be wise to ensure you have a high floor as friends staying on a lower floor had a sleepness night on the Friday and Saturday.
Luke Magnan's name is associated with the food although not sure why. As above it was standard and somewhat boring nameless business hotel food. It filled you up but you don't even really recall what you ate.
Would I stay again ? No.
Was my experience that bad ? no it wasn't.
But if I am going to spend time at main beach surfers paradise then I want a holiday feel to my accommodation. The Hilton in Surfers Paradise feels like it hasnt got a soul, I could have been at the Hyatt or Marriott in Brisbane, Adelaide or Newcastle.
There are better choices for a beachside holiday
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location. The new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Catch, offers a coastal atmosphere, and a menu focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel Gold Coast, Australia