“Love love love”

Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel
Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Love love love”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed for my partners birthday and loved it so much I have just booked to stay again for my birthday.
The beds were the most comfortable beds I've slept in!! The staff were polite and made you feel welcome. The views were very good and loved how central it is to everything.
I have stayed at the q1 most times and can say the hilton is 10 x better.
I look forward to coming to stay again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Roses116,

Thank you for your review, I was delighted to see that you had a great stay celebrating your partner's birthday. We look forward to seeing you back soon.

Chris Partridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Neutral Bay, Australia
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here last week as part of a work conference. The hotel was well located just off Cavill Ave and walking distance to everywhere in Surfers. I had an Oceanview room on the 7th Floor, room was spacious and modern with an amazing bed! The cupboards could do with some more hanging space as I only stayed for two nights and found myself filling the space there was. The one disappointment I had of the rooms was the sleep quality from the sound. It was horrible, the sound of the nightclubs nearby beamed into the room during the night and in the morning I was awoken by Garbage Truck noise at 6am both days, I would suggest that the hotel invest in some sound proofing!
I ate breakfast in the restaurant each morning, it was the standard buffet fare no complaints there was happy with the service & food. We had lunch out near the pool one day which was a buffet put on as part of the conference, it was lovely food & a great space to enjoy the meal! The second day we had lunch served up in the Executive Lounge which is where our conference was held, the view from up there couldn't be beat & food was great again.
We had drinks in the bar, great service, friendly staff & good drinks!
Staff everywhere throughout the hotel were friendly & helpful which made the stay even nicer.
Overall I had a great stay however the lack of sound proofing definitely did have an impact on my stay.

Room Tip: Away from Orchid & Cavill Ave toward to the pool area
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear eeliechick,

Thank you for your review, we were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay and your conference food and beverage. I am sorry that you were disturbed by noise from the street during your stay.

Brisbane
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Ok, I have stayed at this hotel before - July 2013. My review is on TA (July 2013). I gave it 2/5 - the whole stay was a shambles. Despite saying I would never stay here again, I went back on my word and gave it another shot (I am a big Hilton fan - just not this one). My husband decided he wanted to have his 30th birthday party at a restaurant at Surfers, so I booked the Hilton again to stay for the night and I'm pretty glad I did.

Checkin - we arrived early and was told our room was ready. I asked if it was ocean view. I was told it wasn't, but if we waited an hour we could have an ocean view - no problem, I wanted to go shopping anyway. We came back in an hour and the room was ready. As I had noted on the booking that it was my husband's 30th they gave us 2 free buffet breakfasts - lovely!

We were in an executive room. The room was large and very clean. We had a balcony, but as I mentioned in my first post, there was still no furniture on it, so you can't even sit out and enjoy the view. Overall - the room was nice.

Executive lounge - we went up for afternoon tea - this consisted of one cake, a bowl with 2 apples in and a plate with 6 muesli bars - it looked a bit scabby and I don't think I'd be fussed about having "executive privileges" again.

The pool looked nice, but we didn't use it.

The staff were all really friendly (their uniform with the blue top with the holes cut out in the shoulders is still dreadful and whoever designed it should be shot (not literally). It's not very "hilton" at all.

Breakfast buffet - it was ok - not worth the money (but good for free!). The buffet doesn't even begin to compare with that of other Hilton buffets around the world (Beijing being the absolute stand out). But it is Australia and usually we seem to pay more and get less, so it's kind of expected.

Overall - this stay was much more pleasant than my last and I would now stay here again. Whilst not everything was "perfect", for the right price it is a nice stay.

Oh - one VERY annoying thing though was that some idiot (probably thought they were so funny) set the alarm clock for 4am - so we were rudely awaken at 4am. I advised reception of this upon checkout and suggested that perhaps housekeeping should check the alarm clocks and make sure they are deactivated for the next guests to the room.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mel1707,

Thank you for posting your review, we were very pleased to see that on the whole your stay this time around was more to your expectations. Unfortunately the hotel rooms do not have balcony furniture at this time, however, Residences do offer balcony furniture if you enjoy sitting outside.

I have noted your point regarding the alarm clock and will certainly follow up with the housekeeping team to ensure the clocks are checked for an enabled alarm.

Do let me know if you plan to return in the future so we can ensure you continue to enjoy your stays at Hilton Surfers Paradise.

Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We loved our overnight stay in an Executive Room. Comfortable beds, quiet, spotless and modern rooms. The staff were all extremely helpful. The Executive Lounge was awesome; good views, nice light breakfast and excellent tapa's and drinks in the evening.

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to an Executive Room with access to the lounge
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank themadmexicans
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear themadmexicans,

Thank you for your review, we were delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in an Executive level room and the Executive Lounge.

We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed here in Feb, the rooms are good but the views and the location is stunning.the beach is lovely. All in all one of the best hotels in locality.they Lounge was good which was on the top floor.if you have a big family I'd prefer you to stay in the taller tower which has two or three bedroom residence and the view from there are the best.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank moopan
CPHSP, General Manager at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear moopan,

Thanks you for your review from your stay in February, we were pleased to see you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel and the Executive Lounge. You are quite right with your recommendation for families, Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences has a choice of 2,3 and 4 bedroom apartments that are ideal for families or group of friends.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

as we pre-paid for our room with breakfast and dinner we were hoping for a nice break, but as we could tell at meal times we were classed as not as important as other customers, breakfast was like a free for all, we are too polite to complain but this was not as good as we expected. no access to the gardens area, no pillow menu and when we complained the staff didn't speak English and didn't understand that my wife has feather allergies infact they didn't point out that the quilt was feather lined too so my wife was quite sick for 3 nights - the room smelled of sewerage (block 2 floor 12 room 14 - you can check if you don't believe me

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Martin J
Dear Martin J,

Thank you for your review, we were disappointed to see that your stay did not meet expectations. We welcome guest feedback during their stay and especially if we get to resolve an issue before departure. We have checked the room mentioned in your review and found there to be no odours as reported, while there was nothing identified we do apologise that you were inconvenienced during your stay.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here in a 2 bed apartment with family for a week and was overall impressed. We had a couple of hiccups on the way like the kettle leaked and safe stopped working but in no time were quickly rectified. Whilst on our stay we had a surprise visit from nephew and niece and the staff took it upon themselves to leave a bottle of bubbly and chocolates on the bench and a heart felt note which was lovely.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear phil1072,

Thank you for your review following your stay at Hilton Surfers Paradise Residences, we were delighted to see that you enjoyed your time with us. It was great to see that the team recognised a special occasion and provided a great memory to take home.