I wish I could give Hiton a five star review it deserve. But I can't. Overall it was a positive experience, but not without a hitch.
My main frustration was the way the reception was setup. Everyone has to queue up in the same line if you want to speak to someone at the desk.
Now you might see this is perfectly fine and acceptable, which I thought the same when I checked in. But later on, whenever I had a quick query, (often something not working) I still had to queue up behind a pile of visitors who are trying to check in. Onetime, my parking ticket didn't work when I try to go out from the car park (hotel's fault). As our family was all loaded in the car, I kept the car running and quickly ran to the reception. There were about twenty odd visitors in the queue. I went and tried to talk to one of the girls but only answer was I must queue up like everyone else. My car was in ideal, I'm getting late to get to my destination, but she didn't wanted to hear any of that. So I had to beg to the person waiting next in the line and explain myself, where he kindly let me have his chance. But I didn't have to do that. Then the girl validate the parking ticket which I already done the night before. Why in the hell a guest has a general query have to queue behind the visitors who are checking in. For a 30 sec query do I really have to queue in 45min to 1hour. Totally unacceptable.
If any one responsible from hotel Hilton reading this, Please have a second counter (a queue or line) for guests who have already checked in. You could call it a 'general enquiry' which I belive how it's done in many other places.
Once we were at our room, one thing I found was lack of instructions how to use stuff. Like the aircon. I figure it out myself, but a quick manual would have been handy as I wish I didn't have to waste my holiday on that. Same with both alarm clocks in the bed rooms. I had to set the time on both of them (again two different models, two different ways of setting up). We booked a two bedroom apartment for six people. But the bins they provided were two tiny for the job (Check the photo). Any there was no sanitary bin for use either (which I have found even in 4 star hotels). Part of my package was High Speed WiFi. But the signal strength was anything but adequate. I often had to come out to the main corridor where the lift was to get a decent enough connection. Same for all my three devises. We were at the tower 1, which was about 50m behind the main entrance.
There was a side entrance to the tower 1, so guest wont have to work around the main entrance every time. But the sliding door to the side entrance was broken all the time. Which is less than half a day's work for a handyman. There was a permanent sign sitting in front of it, so I don't think they have plans to fix it any time soon. If going to book with Hiton, ask which tower you will be in, as longer you stay more annoy you will get, how you have been disregarded comparing to the guests in the front tower right next the reception.
Now for the good stuff, location can not be better than this, step out from the hotel, you are right in the thick of it. Facilities are well maintained. There is a gorgeous BBQ area, where there are two outdoor pools. Rooms were done, cleaned daily. The services are available 24 hours. There is a button on the phone, (they call magic button) when you press you can directly call someone anytime of the day/night. Had to call the number few times. Once tissues ran out, the box was almost empty when we first got there. And there were no salt or pepper in the salt and pepper mill when we tried to use them. Non of the door locks were working in our room so I asked from the reception. They raised a service ticket for next day. Next day evening when I asked, they replied that it is the hotel policy not to have locks working for safety reasons. Fare enough, but how come the staff working at the reception doesn't have this basic knowledge.
Like I said, overall positive experience, but being a five star hotel, I expected better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location. The new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Catch, offers a coastal atmosphere, and a menu focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Cancelon, Ebookers and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel Gold Coast, Australia