I can't fault anything during our stay at this hotel. We stayed 3 nights in a 2 bed ocean view residence which was perfect for our family of 2 adults, 2 young teenagers. Level 21. Tower 2 (which is the taller of the two towers - reception is also in this building).
Location: Right in the middle of it all.
Check-in: We arrived very early intending to just drop our luggase in to concierge before heading out to our planned activity - however, the room was ready so we were able to check-in immediately - this was a helfful nice surprise bonus. Check-in staff very friendly, fast & thoughtful.
Room: The room was very clean on arrival & housekeeping was wonderful and very accommodating; on both occasions the lovely lady was happy to come back at a later time and she did a very thorough job cleaning & repleneshing supplies, including clothing & dishwashing detergents. I enjoyed that I had everything I could require in an apartment stay (even tupperware & a juicer), yet had all the usual hotel services at the touch of the "magic" button. We were not disturbed by noisy clubs at this level, only heard faint club music thump on one night, but hardly noticeable. I was told that there was major building occuring below, but we didn't hear any construction noise on either week day - probably as we were facing the ocean & high up - so suggest you ask for same/similar.
Costs: Charges are as expected at all hotels of this class, so no shock there.
Food: We indulged in room service, buffet breakfast & a $49 special at "Salt". Quality of room service food was exceptional. The buffet breakfast was exactly as one would expect, ensure that you go all the way around the corner to find yoghurts, toast, spreads & cereals... we initially missed this part. And take advantage of the cooked to order items - my son loves waffles, these were cooked to order with all his favourite sides. Plus freshly cooked eggs to our liking for the rest of us. Our meal at Luke Mangan's "Salt" was also delicious - yes, we went with the deal, but were not disappointed with our choices - enjoyed a fine meal with our family at a very reasonable price. All food service staff both breakfast & dinner were fabulous.
Entrance: Yes, the reception is set-up differently to most other Hiltons, much more casual and simple.. but not lacking what you need - there is a Concierge... and not sure what an earlier review is talking about... there are bell boys out the front & valet parking too.
Staff: We found all the service staff extremely helpful & friendly. The only bump we had is when we ordered a movie, the sound disappeared.... a technician rectified the situation within minutes.
Overall: You should understand that this hotel/residences has been set-up for "Surfers Paradise" style travel - thus differs to other Hilton properties. We found it provided the best of both worlds. Would stay here again.
Tip: Press that "magic" button & just ask
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location. The new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Catch, offers a coastal atmosphere, and a menu focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia