When requesting the concierge to book a airport transfer, I was told that I need to book at least 24 hours ahead of my flight. The concierge then proceeded to justify why the 24 hours was necessary, which quite frankly was totally irrelevant and not necessary.
So I went to my room and searched for airport transfer companies on the internet and phoned the Gold Coast Tourist Shuttle and was able to book a transfer in 1 hour! Why did the concierge not make this effort?
Pity that the Hilton employs lazy concierge that fail to provide very basic service. If it was me I would have phoned the Hilton's preferred transfer company and tried, and if they said no I would have tried other companies - that would have been a better use of time than explaining why the 24 hour booking ahead was necessary. I am sure the concierge would get commission from other transport companies.
If the Hilton Surfers Paradise has an exclusive arrangement with a transport company then they should review their agreement, because in my case the Hilton failed to provide a basic service.
Hope the Hilton management wake up to this or maybe with the Commonwealth Games in 2018 they are getting complacent and don't care?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location. The new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Catch, offers a coastal atmosphere, and a menu focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel Gold Coast, Australia