Stayed in at the Hilton Surfers Paradise for two nights in August 2014 at a rate of $259/night booked through Hilton.com. The booking was for a standard king guest room but I was kindly upgraded to a "relaxation suite" with executive lounge access.
So this was all very good and I really wanted to like this hotel but was quite ambivalent about it.
From the outside, the two towers are tall and shiny and located in the thick of Surfers Paradise, a block back from the beach. Surfers Paradise at street level is fairly down at heel these days but I wasn't there fore the street ambiance. There was some noise at night but can't blame the hotel for that.
The foyer is dark and long and really not very inviting. There was a long wait to check in and I was about to call the Marriott when finally some extra staff came on to deal with the queue. The lovely check in lady redeemed her hotel by upgrading me to a suite and executive lounge. I love my HH gold status.
Bed was feather soft, bathroom was vast, and the ocean view was fine. But it all just lacked personality and felt under furnished (see photos). The upgrade was great but there were too many empty spaces in the suite. I was open to a lifestyles of the rich and famous moment, but no. I felt the same way about the executive lounge. Nice space and who doesn't enjoy a comped wine, but it had no ambiance - it felt like a convention centre foyer.
And that's the problem. The hotel is clean and everything works, it just has no personality.
Plenty of people on tripadvisor really like this hotel. It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that it didn't met the (admittedly high) expectations I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Surfers Paradise is the ultimate Gold Coast retreat, with famous beaches, shopping, dining and entertainment located right at the door step. The urban style resort offers a host of leisure facilities including four heated swimming pools, an indoor spa and sauna, pool bar, two gymnasiums and a theatre. For your comfort, the property is also home to an Executive Lounge with spectacular views of the Gold Coast from its' 15th floor location. The new signature restaurant at Hilton Surfers Paradise, Catch, offers a coastal atmosphere, and a menu focusing on fresh, sustainable seafood. As one of the newest 5 star hotels in the region, Hilton Surfers Paradise combines world class service and style with the benefits of a premier location to deliver an experience that promises life long memories. When staying at Hilton Surfers Paradise, you have the option of hotel rooms and suites, or the fully serviced, self contained, apartment style residence, which come complete with kitchen, laundry and separate living space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel And Residences
- Hilton Surfers Paradise Hotel Gold Coast, Australia