“At least the food is good. ”
Review of Vapiano

Vapiano
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Homemade delicious Italian dishes of pasta, pizza and salads freshly cooked in front of you. Head up to the counter and order, watch the chef cook, and pay on the way out whenever you're ready to leave.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Ate here last night with friends. The reason I go to restaurants is normally to catch up over some drinks and relax. Here there is no table service, instead you have to go up and order. More bizarrely you then have to wait while it's cooked for you. If everyone could order at once, this might be okay. But there are multiple lines and they only cook two dishes at once per line. There were three of us with big queues so we waited in a line got one dish cooked and they went back to the table alone while we got the next two cooked. Go figure. The table itself looked pretty, but wasn't cleaned properly and was difficult to chat at because of the large lights on the table and the loud music. In its defence though the food was excellent I have to say.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,090)

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My daughter had been to Vapiano's a year earlier and insisted she take me there. I can see why. Upstairs off Cavell Avenue, is an open aired funky eatery. Staff are amazingly helpful and friendly. All seating is on high wooden stools with wooden tables. We ate on a balcony area so we could also watch people go by.
The menu selection is fabulous. Here are what 5 of us had:
Bruschetta which is vegan and vegetarian for $5.90 - good size serve and fresh
Caprese which is the ciabatta bread with creamy buffalo mozzarella and ripe tomatoes with basil for $12.90 - filling and delicious. Hard to finish it all.
Antipasti which had a great selection of meats, cheese, olives, sun dried tomatoes, pesto and bruschetta for $15.90 although there is a larger serve for $19.90.
Plus two pizzas - Margherita and get this - a Margherita with ham. for $14.90. Good size - about the size of a large dinner plate.
You have to try the lemonade too.
One of the most delightful things was the music. I had to comment as we paid that the music was fabulous - nailing some of my favourites.
The staff also said there is one of their restaurants in Melbourne, so know where I'll be heading when I return.

1  Thank UrbanDrifter
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Food and service were great! Especially the food!
Not sure how well the concept works on a busy night as they make your dish in front of you but it means its super fresh so for a quiet sunday when we went it was awesome!

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely delicious food, so fresh and the staff are just incredible!
We went on a quiet sunday afternoon but I dont know how I would feel going on a busy night as the make your meal in front of you and then you take it away.
Cant speak highly enough of the food though!!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Love the atmosphere here and it's fun watching your pasta being prepared. Big menu and reasonable prices. Nice touch with the fresh herbs on the table and the open air dining feel. Would be especially great to bring kids here.