“Heavenly escape from the world”
Review of Harbour Day Spa - CLOSED

Harbour Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Unfortunately we have closed our Gold Coast Spa are no longer operating at Surfers Paradise. If you would like to make a booking with us please do not hesitate to visit us at our award winning Spa in Raby Bay, Cleveland which is still open for business. We are so sorry for any inconvenience we may have caused you.
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Arriving early is the key for a totally relaxing experience at Harbour Day Spa. The roman bath area with its tall columns and high ceiling is an indulgent start to soak away any stress. There's also a large sauna. My signature massage started with a warm foot bath, I added a ginger and lime body scrub (smells so divine) then full body massage with warm geranium oil. I felt like I was in heaven. I didn't want to leave. The service was really caring and genuine. I can't want to return in 2 months when back on the Gold Coast. It's worth waiting for, as other massages in this tourist area can be a bit average.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I was trying to organize a perfect day for my boyfriends 25th birthday. (10 August 2013) I found a online deal off seek.com for this day spa ,and called weeks in advance to enquire. It was ' deal for two for $189.'..and expired in 2012 but the lovely receptionist said she could still do that deal and booked us in. I paid for it over the phone there and then. I was really looking forward to the day as it was my boyfriends surprise from me and both of us had never been to a day spa. Especially a ' five star one'. Due to bad traffic we were already a little late so it had cut into our ' one hour to use the spa and sauna time'. Well we rushed in and filled out our forms, then got asked to sit and wait for another ten minutes till someone took us downstairs.so we didnt get very long at all, The place was beautiful and our therapists, Gypsy and Meagan were lovely and at that point we had a really good day and my bf was happy. When I gave the receptionist back the keys to the Lockers she asked me if I was going to ' fix up the rest of the payment'. I told her that I had already paid for it over the phone weeks ago and she said well ' Amy only took a partial payment'. And then said so are you going to make a payment. I said I don't have any more money and she goes, you don't have any more money? I said no I don't. Followed by my bf saying he didnt have a spare $189 also. She then asked me if I had any proof so I was made to go through my phone at the counter to try and find an email with the voucher. My boyfriend then said we don't have time for this as it was his b'day and we had friends waiting for us. But we were told to wait while she spoke to the girl who took our booking.she couldn't get through to her and Said ' just go. I honestly couldn't believe how rude she was to us, so upon leaving I thought I would say ' we didn't get the cheese platter either... so she said would you like it now... Maybe I would have liked it in the tranquil room with my glass of champagne, not when ive just been told to just go... Well I don't think that an experience like this is very ' five star'. I really expected more, was even planning on taking my mum here for her 50th birthday on Wednesday the 15/08 but I think I'll look elsewhere.

1  Thank ShelleyMary
Leanne M, Owner at Harbour Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear Shelly Mary,
I am sorry to hear that your beautiful treatments were overshadowed by the misunderstanding at our reception. It is very disappointing that we did not meet the high standards we are constantly achieving with so many other guests as evidenced by the overwhelming majority of positive reviews on this site. I am truly sorry for this.
Our reception team are responsible for the smooth running of our business and your disappointment was because of a breakdown in communication between staff. Our Manager had asked me for permission to give you the deal you found from an old promotion and I agreed as she explained it was a special occasion. Whilst I acknowledge that we seemed to have failed in communicating the special arrangement we had made with you to insure your appointment ran smoothly please know that we only ever had the best intentions to make your day special.
I hope that you give us an opportunity to make sure your Mum celebrates her 50th at Harbour Day Spa.Please do not hesitate to contact me direct on leanne@harbourdayspa.com.au or phone 0755315121 if I can assist you.

Warm Regards
Leanne Morris
Director Harbour Day Spa

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Beautiful facility, really professional service when booking and upon arrival. Had 1/2 price massage and facial $150 1.5 hours. Was a little disappointed in the massage, not a great technique, although I know that you can't expect the same type of massage from a beautician as you do from a trained masseuse. Facial was OK - felt a bit hurried. The thing that did disappoint me was the up-sell, both during the treatment (offering to upgrade declotague mask to face for extra $30) - and spending the last 10 minutes of my session going through all the products used which of course were for sale. As I was non committal, I was a bit surprised to see them at the counter ready for purchase at the end of the session. Really obvious that staff are on some type of commission and I just don't like that kind of pressure.

4  Thank Zedonkme
Leanne M, Owner at Harbour Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Reviewed 29 May 2013 NEW

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your visit with us.I cant agree more that Harbour Day Spa Gold Coast offers a beautiful facility and we do pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We do offer some specials during our quiet times and I am happy you have been able to take advantage of one of our great offers. With regards to your massage I am sorry you were not 100% happy with your therapists technique.Harbour Day Spa like most spa's offer a varity of qualifications amongst our team including aromatherapy,sweedish,remedial and sports massage so please do not hesitate to book a remedial therapist on your next visit if you prefer a stronger massage.Our recommendations are a complementry part of our Client care and extra time is given for your therapist to offer this service outside of your treatment times.I hope we have an opportunity to welcome you back soon and please do not hesitate to ask our receptionist for her recommendation of a Therapist who will suit your needs.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

My girlfriend, my daughter & myself went to the Harbour Day Spa last week when were on holidays in QLD.
We had a lovely couple of hours & we so impressed with the facilities. Everything was so beautiful & well presented & you just felt relaxed when you walked in. We started with the Roman Baths & Sauna & then had a back massage & facial. I also had a facial peel & my skin was so soft when I left.
The staff were very professional & friendly. I am definitely going back next time I am in the area as it was one of the nicest Day Spas I have been too. It was also great value for money.

2  Thank Natalie B
Leanne M, Owner at Harbour Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

We're delighted to hear all three of you thoroughly enjoyed your visit to our spa – we're thrilled we could offer such a lovely experience for you all to share together. We pride ourselves on excellent service, so feedback like yours makes us very pleased indeed. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

My mum and I went to the spa on 5th march and we got the summer gorgeous special each. It was great to experience a bit of everything. The facial was amazing, I got a peel also and my skin felt fantastic and was glowing afterwards. The body mask was also great and so was the massage. The roman spa facilities we also enjoyed. To finish off with a glass of sparkling was lovely. Overall my mum and I had a fantastic day and I look forward to our next treatment at the harbour day spa.

1  Thank Renee_australia_85
Leanne M, Owner at Harbour Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2013

How wonderful – we feel privileged that we could provide such a special day for you to share with your mother. We are delighted that you both enjoyed your visit to Harbour Day Spa, and hope you both get the opportunity to visit us again soon. Thanks for sharing your experience at Harbour Day Spa on TripAdvisor, and best wishes from the team at Harbour Day Spa xx