“Variety invites return visits”
Review of The Avenue

The Avenue
Price range: US$7 - US$27
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Avenue has been a Gold Coast Icon since 1984 it is the heart of Surfers Paradise entertainment. This ever changing venue is not only famous for its nightlife, it also hosts the best local bands and International acts. Catch all major sports events streaming live on 16 large screens and be captivated by our progressive DJ's transporting you into the early hours. The Avenue also offers a unique dining experience which combines entertainment, music and the sights of Surfers Paradise life on show. The Avenue is the heart of the city where people love to meet. Meet you at The Avenue.
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This bar and bistro caters for everyone . The food offered contains specials that change each night . The quality is superb , the price is so inviting and the staff so friendly .

1  Thank samjayAuckland
Michael R, Manager at The Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Awesome Samjay, we like to keep it fresh and changing. So we hope to have something different for you each visit. We only serve the best quality available and appreciate you noticing and taking the time to share your experience with all on tripadvisor.
cheers

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Was visiting Surfers Paradise on a weekend trip with friends and happened to stumble across the Avenue. We were greeted by a lovely friendly waitress named Breagan who made us feel completely at home, she looked after us the entire time we were there and made our night very enjoyable!
Compared to some of the other restaurants we went on the goldcoast , avenue (and Breagan!) were definitely by far the best place we visited!
Will definitely be back on our next trip up to gc
Thanks Avenue!

1  Thank Melbschick

Hi Melbschick,
Loved your review and thank you very much for kind words. I am so pleased that Breagan made your experience with us memorable, which is exactly our aim. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I visit the Gold Coast regularly from Melb, I love Saturday nights at Th Ave, the food is always good, But this time round we didn't stay on as we found the music and atmosphere had changed dramatically compared to previous occasions. It was a real let down!

1  Thank Anne R

Hi Ann,

I am really sorry to hear that you found the Avenue not to be the same. We haven't changed a thing especially the music we play. We hope you can forgive us this time and join in the fun next time you visit Surfers Paradise.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

A regular lunchtime venue for our workplace, The Avenue never disappoints. What pleasantly surprised us was we stayed on one Friday afternoon from lunch to dinner and the transition seemed seamless. Greeted by manager Shannon early in the afternoon he made us feel welcome from the get go! He recommended the famous Chicken Mischevious matched with a signature margarita cocktail The Avenue is well known for. Great choice and Shannon was very knowledgeable in his product. Thank you. I must admit I didn't stay on as long as the rest of our work crew but they said by 8pm the place was pumping with great live tunes and friendly staff that are on point is always a must! No cover charge, great food and drinks and it also turns into a great party venue later at night. Great work Avenue and team.

Michael R, Manager at The Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Awesome review Travis thanks very much.
Blending our amazing restaurant into a live music venue has always proven to be a challenge and one we feel we have perfected. Shannon is a great host and compliments the Avenue beautifully.
You are going to need to lift your game and stay on a bit latter next time Travis.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I can't compare the avenue to any other place the first time I went there it was that good that me and my friend extended our holiday just so we didn't have to leave.I have since visted 4 times with different friends and they loved it shannon remembered me from when I first was there and made me feel like a local he goes above and beyond to make sure your experience there is like no other he his just the best along with the other staff I can't wait to go back keep up the good work shannon and staff :)

2  Thank tybias

Wow Tybias, that is a big call and we appreciate your comments in your review. As I say to my staff there is one thing that our customers can't get anywhere else and that is you. I am delighted to hear how Shannon and the staff have touched you. We strive for that experience and have created friends all over Australia and the world as a result.