“Overpriced, for average service”

KooKoo Teppanyaki and Lounge Bar
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We were seated with a table of children and placed in the far corner, we didn't receive everything we paid for and no attention was paid to customers aside from the group with 5 children. The chef left without even a goodbye and appeared to be fed up. I will never return and considering what we paid felt ripped off.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

2 adults & 2 kids - we are regular teppanyaki eaters, most holidays we hunt down one.

Chef was amazing, one of the best, food also was great, but lacking cleanliness.

Need a good spring clean & new chairs, as ours were all ripped, but other than that great.

1  Thank dko14
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I have never been to a teppanyaki before so this is an amazing experience. I also really loved the spectacular chefs and how they did little tricks every now and then. The service and the food was superb also. I hope I can go to this restaurant again, but since this is a holiday in Australia, I might as well just wait for the next holiday to come and persuade my parents to come back to Australia and go to Koo-Koo. And also this place is good for a family on holiday or a special outing with your friends. Enjoy!

2  Thank AmeliaFung
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My partner and I planned a nice dinner out for Valentines day so we made sure we booked at Koo Koo a week ahead.

When we got there, there wasn't any host or hostess greeting us so we had to tell one of the waitresses that we have a booking. They didn't ask for the name or anything but rudely told us to go sit at a table area where they left us with the menu. They didn't have any computer system nor even just a piece of paper to check bookings. I understand that some of the restaurants don't take any bookings but if that was the case, I think it should have been clear on the phone when I made the booking.

We had to wait over 30 minutes for a table which I didn't mind too much as I didn't mind having a drink before dinner. But when we got seated, we had to wait another 30 minutes so the chef could cook for other 8 people who had been seated before us.

Finally it was our turn, the food was average with a lot of butter and I've been to couple teppanyaki places and it was below average. The chef kept complaining that he had been standing there for five hours with no break and even brought a pint of beer for him to drink while he was cooking which seemed quite unprofessional.

Also, it's pretty hard to get any of the waitstaff's attention to order more drinks or other items.

Maybe I would've had a better experience if it wasn't a busy night like Valentine's day but I was quite disappointed.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

We went there a few months ago and are going again, it was a lot of fun and our chef was amazing and entertaining. the food was so nice and for the price, we loved it. 5 stars all the way and well worth visiting.

1  Thank Maryanne P