“Great views and good portions”

Kitty O'shea's Bar & Restaurant
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Welcome to Kitty O'Shea's Irish Bar & Restaurant, Surfers Paradise! As an established Bar & Restaurant which has been in operation for the last 10 years Kitty's welcomes all age groups to come on down and enjoy some relaxed hospitality. Our staff will greet you from the moment you walk in the door... We have many different Irish and local beers to choose from, along with some traditional Irish fare and the favourite meals you expect from a tavern style venue such as ours.
Bradenton
“Great views and good portions”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This place had so much potential. I kept waiting for something great to happen. We were there early in the day, and it was dead, but I am guessing at night, it is one rocking place.

The food was good and very large size portions. I had the salad and my friends had the fish and chips. I can't really say anything negative. But nothing amazing either.

• Visited January 2014

Wollongong, Australia
“Enjoyable Dinner”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife and I had a drink here one evening and decided to go back for dinner. Basically another Irish themed pub styled eatery with a reasonable selection of beer, wine and food. I had the ribs which were excellent. My wife had the salmon and the kids - the guinness pie and a burger (of course). Reasonable value with good service and an enjoyable outdoor atmosphere.

• Visited January 2014
Metz, France
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We came in here for a simple pub meal, and were quite surprised by its offerings. My partner ordered, for the first time in his life, bangers and mash. The French in him did not turn up his nose on the food, which means it must be pretty good.
I ordered the Cajun fish, which was on the specials board, and was served fish with spiced couscous. It was beautifully done.
The beers were cold, the service was quick, the food was good, and we really enjoyed the meal.

• Visited December 2013
Forbes, Australia
“Worst Guinness in Australia”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Food is average, what you would expect in any RSL in Australia.
Guinness is shocking, I would say the worst I have tasted in Australia or anywhere else

• Visited December 2013
New Zealand
“Good location and good specials”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Check out the specials board... Their $10 meals are great value and easily big enough for an average appetite - or there is room for an ice cream after dinner. We did notice that the 'specials' board disappeared on friday night - i suppose fair enough, but we dined elsewhere that nighta s we didnt want a full sized meal!
The location is central surfers, lots happening, people coming and going. The only annoyance was nothing to do with the bar and that was an overly loud busker outside. Very loud, and while good, he was only singing a limited repertoire!

Visited November 2013