“Fantastic Food Fantastic Service”

Costa D'oro Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria
Price range: US$11 - US$34
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicious pastas with home-made sauces. The best oven-baked pizzas. Great tasting veal and chicken dishes. Mouth-watering steaks and seafood. Fresh green salads. A wide selection of wine and beer. "Good food - Good friends - Good life."
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had the best night, food was amazing and staff were fantastic. Great experience all round, highly recommend.

Michael F, Owner at Costa D'oro Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi Adamniki
Good reviews are great for our business to attract more customers.
We thank you for taking time to write one.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

I'm a professional who works in surfers paradise and have been going to this restaurant for over 7 years.

I've never had a bad meal and the service is always fantastic.

With so many options in surfers paradise I can take my clients and friends anywhere, however I keep going back to Costa Doro because of the welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff and great food every time.

The pizzas are truly the best on the Gold Coast and the menu is extensive with plenty of options.

I would strongly recommend this restaurant as it's where the locals love to eat and the locals
Always Know where to go.

2  Thank Tolemy
Michael F, Owner at Costa D'oro Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Hi Tolomy
Good reviews are great for our business to attract more customers.
We thank you for taking time to write one.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Service was quick and efficient to the point that I thought once I was seated they wanted my money and the seat back.

The saving grace from me not awarding this restaurant an 'average' was the pizza my wife ordered - apparently was the best pizza she had tasted for a quite some time.

Garlic bread is a measure I use to judge an Italian restaurant - this one was about 4/10. The Veal dish I had was tasty but came with the roasted vegetable sides which all the mains seem to come with. This is where I think they could do a lot lot better.

But as I mentioned, this restaurant is a well-oiled machine running on pretty fundamental and repeatable dishes. But it was nice food - just could have been much better.

Michael F, Owner at Costa D'oro Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Hi Snakebite
We appreciate your mostly positive review and certainly take on board and try to improve on the garlic bread and baked vegetables. THANKS

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Staff were very friendly and bubbly and served me within 10 mins which didnt put me off but the food was nice but not good at the same time. Would not recommend this restaurant to my friends or family.

Hi 28Sunshine2014
Good or bad reviews are sometimes just as helpful,
as bad ones help to make kitchen or floor staff re-focus their attention on the customer.
Thanks for taking time to write this review.

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I have been here several times being a local. I have never been let down by the quality of food but on two occasions now I have been by the staff.

1. One lunchtime my gf and I had the day off together and dropped by for lunch. We were ignored by wait staff at the entrance for a good 5 minutes with them passing by and not greeting us once. After that time a waitress stopped for a moment to say 'someone will be right with you' only to leave us waiting another 5 minutes with waiters and waitresses passing by us yet again, no eye contact. We both agreed as restaurant workers ourselves that their lack of communication was very rude. They really weren't that busy. Three tables. Two wait staff. Give me a break.

2. My mum and dad wanted to go out for dinner with my gf and I. We were seated promptly, great. But it all went downhill from there. My dad ordered a Jack Daniels and coke with the coke on the side as he had noticed you serve coke from cans and likes to pour it himself. My mum ordered a coke, plain coke, for herself. Dad ended up with a shot of jd and a glass of coke with no ice whilst mum received nothing. We sorted it out with the waitress but my mum isn't the sort to complain and felt guilty. She's such a sweetheart. The waitress came back with a can of coke and although I knew it was not right I watched my mum pour her own into the glass which was provided for her water, again no ice. We then ordered our food. They got my mum's order completely wrong. To the point where it was a prawn based pasta instead of a vegetarian dish. My mum being the sweetheart she is said she would eat what she had, then barely touched the dish. To top it all off while I was in the bathroom she paid the whole bill. No discount.

The food may be good but these experiences definitely leave this venue to be less than desirable.

1  Thank jnb3105
Michael F, Owner at Costa D'oro Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Hi
I cannot believe how you've twice now had bad service, we really try and pride ourselves on good friendly service and good food. I believe our staff is very friendly and attentive but obviously every so often someone lets the team down. I apologise for your bad experiences and will try not to let it happen again.
Thanks