“Best place to stay on Gold Coast”
Review of Peppers Soul

Peppers Soul
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Room amazing, bed amazing, location amazing, views amazing, staff amazing. Huge balcony overlooking the ocean. Fantastic stay by two very fussy people. Slight downside is the pool is in the shade most of the day. Beach is across the road so not too much of an issue. Will be staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2014
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Allblacks123,

Wow, what an AMAZING review!

I am thrilled that the property and the team surpassed the expectations of the fussiest of travellers (self-titled!).

I do not believe there is anything wrong at all with being fussy. You know what you want. I am just pleased it was a great marrying of the right product for the right guests to achieve a great outcome and experience for all.

I hope we see you again real soon.

Adam Taloni

Write a ReviewReviews (2,597)

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

Had a great two days staying in this hotel. Really worth the price we paid. The reception and staff (especially layla) are pretty nice and friendly. Definitely will book again for next trip in Gold Coast.

• Stayed: May 2014
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear Hope D,

Thank you so very much for your kind words on your experience at Soul.

I will pass on your kind words regarding Layla. She definitely is a stand-out on the Reception desk.

I hope we can accommodate you again when you next visit the beautiful Gold Coast.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The name says it all SOUL ... From the first point of contact you are greeted with a smile at reception then you are escorted to your room where you start to take in the breath taking views of the ocean and surroundings .. watching the sunset and hearing the sounds of the ocean was the best form relaxation anyone can ask for ....to kick start the well earned get away ... I shared the room with a friend we each had our space so we didn't get in each other's way ... The rooms were compact fresh and clean and were serviced every day as we requested we each had our own bath rooms which was great and a lounge room where we could entertain our guest ... 24 hr room service was great we loved our ice cream aft midnight haha... The facilities were awesome sauna . Steam room .. Heated pool .. Gym .. BBQ area .. We dinned and had breakfast at the SEADUCTION restaurant ... You have to have the strawberry soufflé to die for best dessert ... We walked on the promenade we even browsed in the near by shops ... Everything was so handy and close by it was awesome.. ... You didn't have to travel far for anything everything was available in house if you didn't want to leave your hotel ... if your thinking of your next get away it's a must can't wait for my next trip ..

Room Tip: I found level 16 ocean view was perfect you can sea the ocean sunset sunrise and surroundings .. Not...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Lina I

Dear Lina I,

What a wonderful review. Thank you so much for contributing.

I feel your description details all that we have on offer here at Soul. I am so delighted you enjoyed your experience so much.

I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

This hotel is possibly one of the nicest that I've stayed in recently. It is right on the beach and the views are amazing. I would love to come back when it is whale watching time as you could sit on the balcony spotting whales swimming past easily. The quality of the rooms is also excellent, as is all the hotel amenities. I really love the indoor pool area! We ate in the restaurant a few times which was very enjoyable and there are heaps of other great places to eat and drink nearby. I will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter L

Dear Peter L,

Thank you so much for your review.

I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful stay with us. I am so pleased you found our location, facilities, service and restaurant all met or exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back again in the near future for another SOULful experience.

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

It's raining outside .we get up at6:00am from Melbourne .we paid $770 for ocean view for 2night.un luckily became $520 for. 2night after we booking.i called reception many times confirmed that we want higher level (we paid above 1/3 price already.then outside raining day.we cannot early check in with level 6 beach front .totally disappointing paid highest price get such service

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank zxyzds

Dear zxyzds,

I am disappointed to read your 'disappointing' review.

All hotel rates these days are 'dynamic'. This means that just like the airlines, they can go up or down based on demand. It is always best to check your cancellation fees before making a booking.

I feel that your 'one star' review is very harsh. We always try and fulfil guest requests whenever possible. As would have been explained to you when you requested a high floor, we can never guarantee this as 90% of our guests all ask for the same. The only way we can fulfil all of these requests is if you book a Skyview Apartment which guarantees you above level 40.

Early check-in requests are also subject to availability. Again we cannot guarantee these. As you would have noticed, the apartments are quite large and well equipped. With a guest checking out at 10am, it can take some time to turn such a large apartment around ready for a 5 star level for the next guest arrival.

I know the Manager on Duty spoke with you on check-out. I understand there were no other issues at all during your stay, nor anything wrong with the actual apartment.

It is testament to our Number One position in Surfers Paradise on Trip Advisor that the majority of guests love Soul. It is upsetting to me that this review has such a low rating due to circumstances that were not guaranteed to you before you arrived.

I also apologise for the rain.......this is most certainly out of character for the Gold Coast this time of year. Unfortunately we don't have an upgrade to better weather on offer. Wouldn't it be just perfect though if we did.......!

If you would like to contact me directly for your next stay I will ensure that I do all possible to look after your personal requests.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We spent six nights at Soul in during the Easter holidays. We had a three bedroom ocean view apartment on the 34th floor. The views were spectacular, spanning 270degrees. Our kids would sit, mesmerised by the views everyday. We were using this little break as some recovery time after my husband had been ill and made the most of enjoying the beautifully equipped apartment and relaxing. The facilities are great, it is across the road from the beach and in a prime position at the end of Cavill Mall, so there is always something to do for the kids. We didn't have any issues with noise and I don't think we have slept that well in a long time. The rooms are kept beautifully clean, with daily servicing and there is free onsite parking. We will definitely come back when we next have some free time. We were heartbroken to leave.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jacqui P

Dear Jacqui P,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a relaxing stay with us recently. I hope your husband is fully recovered now.

Our location, as you mention, certainly is one of our biggest advantages. Right across from the beach with all apartments having unobstructed views, and in walking distance to just about all you could want, there is not much to like!

I do hope to welcome you all back again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Wow the view is amazing so are the suites although the 2 smaller rooms are really small and share a tiny bathroom but the living room and huge balcony and the master bedroom and bathroom is grand not cheap at around 850 a night but for 3 people is not too bad either-room service was mediocre the restaurant which they claim is out of this world food wise was also forgettable and very very expensive-they told us to book in well advance as it's very busy-well there were hardly anyone there-mall portions and pretend to be a foodie expert but it's not so that was a big disappointment
Lucky we were up on the 59-th floor as the noise is horrible from disco and venues which plays non stop crap music all weekends-it's party central so if you want a quite place this is certainly not for you-the views are out of this world both the ocean and the lagunes as you have 2 balconies so 270 degrees of viewing pleasure
What is good here is the view and some features of the rooms but that's where this end
Noisy kids are screaming around the pool and the indoor sauna and jacuzzi it's a noisy place so I wouldn't recommend this hotel who prefer peace and tranquility

Room Tip: go as high as possible and ask a corner suite so have access to both balconies and eat somewhere els...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ical8
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Ical8,

Thank you for your post-stay review of Soul Surfers Paradise.

We appreciate all types of feedback from our guests so we are able to focus on what areas need to be improved.

I am sorry you were not impressed with our multi-award winning restaurant Seaduction. Our Executive Chef has received many awards here at Soul and at his prior restaurant also. Receiving two chefs hats and many rave reviews, I like to think we exceed most guest's expectations. I am all too aware though that taste is very subjective and all individuals differ.

Due to our location being right on the ocean, I have found that we never really get any noise complaints from any clubs as such as they are a street behind us. The waves crashing on the beach tend to drown out any such noise, even on the lower floors.

I am glad you like the view from your apartment on the 59th floor. I think this is something that every guest can agree upon.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#13 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#8 of 33 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Peppers Soul? Share your experiences!