“Best the GC has to offer”
Review of Peppers Soul

Peppers Soul
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We are currently staying at Soul and nearly 3 nights down with 3 to go, are so relaxed and happy with the apartment, facilities and staff. We've stayed at many resorts and 5 star hotels around the world and this is right up there. Soul showcases a new breed of living that is well overdue in the area and I can't fault anything.

We have been upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment on the 27th floor at its just perfect. Absolute ocean views. The apartment has everything you need to cater in.

We usually head overseas once a year, but feel like we are a world away from home.

If you can find fault, then I think you may be looking for it.

• Stayed: June 2014
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear SavBlancSydney,

Thank you so much for your Trip Advisor contribution whilst staying in-house with us. I assume you are using the complimentary Wi-Fi we provide to do so. I couldn't think of a better use!

I really am delighted that you are thus far impressed with the property and the service. If there is anything at all you need throughout the remainder of your stay please do not hesitate to let me or the team know.

Enjoy the rest of your Soul experience.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at soul in in surfers and I have to say it was the best hotel ever, a bit pricey but worth every single cent.we stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which we got on sale off the peppers website.
The room was beautifully designed and tiled through out. The veranda was massive and had full uninterrupted ocean views and also cavil ave view.

The bathroom was state of the art and had all the amenities as a normal hotel would and the kitchen is fully equipped with a expresso coffee machine as well. There is also a gym and about 3 pools plus an indoor pool.There is also Outdoor entertainment area with bbq and a sky deck view
facilities and theres so much more . All and all I have to say it was the best experience ever and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Holidayholi,

Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to review your recent Soul experience.

Receiving this type of feedback encourages myself and the team to keep delivering our high service standards into the future for all future guests.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your apartment, facilities, service and spacious surroundings. I hope that we have the pleasure to be able to welcome you back again when you next visit the beautiful Gold Coast.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Soul was highly recommended to me but I must say that it did not quite stack up. Yes, it is new & well fitted out but the 2 bedroom apartment is quite small & "clustered" & when you weigh it up, probably overpriced. The resort facilities are wonderful but not as good as the Q1 where there is an outdoor bar & "café". I can't say I was disappointed but neither can I say I was 100% happy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PC62

Dear PC62,

Thank you for your review.

I appreciate all guest's expectations differ and experiences are based on individual expectations.

In my personal view, which is largely based on the reactions and responses from most of our guests, is that Soul offers unparalleled facilities of any property on the Gold Coast. Did you manage to find the Secret Garden at all with private BBQ's, luscious gardens and lawns and reflection ponds? This is a real little piece of paradise in the heart of the hustle and bustle of the action below.

Our outdoor pool is the only one on the Gold Coast that offers unobstructed views over Surfers Paradise Beach so from the comfort of your sun lounge, or in the heated pool itself, you feel like you are at the beach - without the crowds and sand!

Again, each individual's perception is different and I appreciate that,

Thanks or taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We spent the long weekend at Soul. We have stayed at many of the places on the coast over the years, but must say the location and quality were the best so far. We really liked the modern feel of the apartments. The apartments are fitted out with quality appliances and features which make a difference. The only negative to our stay was the air conditioning, which did not heat. Maintenance was called and said that everything was ok, but it just kept resetting. The reception managed to find a little portable heater for us.

The positives:

1. Location - you cant beat the location if you want to be in the heart of surfers.
2. Size - the apartments were a great size. We had a 2 bed and the balcony was huge.
3. Views - the view over the beach and ocean was great. We were only on the 20th floor but still it was an awesome view.
4. Maintenance - the place was clean and well maintained.
5. Staff - the staff we interacted with were always friendly and very helpful.
6. Facilities - whist we did not use the pool or BBQ, we really liked the secret garden and BBQ area. If we were staying longer and it was warmer, we have made use of the facilities. We could imagine getting some fresh seafood from the trawlers and have some bbq seafood and wine over a long lazy afternoon.

As we said, the only negative for our stay was the air conditioning.

We would recommend anyone to stay here and look forward to coming back in August.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barneyridge

Dear Barneyridge,

Thank you so much for your detailed review and accompanying photos. I am certain that they will give readers a good insight as to what we have to offer here at Soul.

I am pleased to read that you were impressed with the property, service and facilities we have on offer.

I do extend my apologies for the air conditioning issues. With temperatures so warm until recently on the Gold Coast the heating has not been used in the apartments in quite a while. This should not be a problem however as all units are serviced regularly. As we were full for the long weekend a room move was not an option. I hope that action of the team to source a portable heater was acceptable.

Please do contact me directly before you return so I can ensure we look after you.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great location, great views, excellent decor and amenities. All facilities are first rate. The staff are very friendly and helpful, including the housekeeping staff, who go beyond what you expect.The rooms may be apartment style but still have the facilities of a hotel room, ie bathroom amenities, mini bar, room service etc. A home away from home, we would definitely recommend. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Trena W,

I am so delighted to read your review of your recent experience with us at Soul Surfers Paradise.

I am delighted that you found yourself at home in our spacious apartments, whilst enjoying the five star service and facilities that we offer.

I hope that we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the near future,

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Definitely must book this Soul as once u chk in n you will be pure captivated by the pure scenary n service by Soul. Stayed on the 34 flr corner room n the apartment is confirmed one of the best in surfer paradise.....no wonder its called Soul.... my soul is totally wif them !!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Molly G,

What a sweet, lovely review this is. It is extremely nice of you to take the time to detail your experience with us for fellow travellers to see.

This type of feedback is what drives us daily to achieve the highest levels of guest satisfaction that we can.

I will be certain to share this with the team.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Nice foyer, nice pool and facilities but the rooms are terrible! Havering stayed at most of the 5 star resorts on the coast I can honestly say this would be in the bottom 3. We stayed in a 3 bedroom as 3 friends and luckily we didn't bring our better halves as there would be no room for them except in bed. The master bedroom was a good size but the 2nd and 3rd were equivalent to a cheap London hotel where you can't swing a cat. Same goes for the bathrooms, good ensuite but main is about the size of a qantas 747 bathroom. By far the worst part is the living area, seating for 3 maybe 4 at best. As I said above, if we were 3 couples there would be no chance of a comfortable time in the room. Circle on cavill is probably only 4.5 stars but far superior to soul. Lastly for such an expensive building and to be so new, every single tap, shower, toilet roll holder etc etc was falling off. The PowerPoint in my room came completely out of the wall when removing a plug, can't be safe for kids. Sorry but no resort stacks up the the marriott!

Room Tip: If you are used to 3 star you will love it, if you are used to 5 star don't let the foyer and po...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Glenn S

Dear Glenn S,

Thanks for taking the time to provide this review of your recent Soul experience.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the property's luxurious facilities. Our outdoor pool that hovers above the beach is certainly a highlight with most guests.

Our Three Bedroom Apartments are an average of 130sqm. Indeed the master bedroom is rather large comparing to the second and third bedrooms. For a truly spacious stay I can suggest perhaps trying one of our Sub-Penthouses for future visits. These are about double the size of our standard apartments and all furnished rather lavishly.

In relation to the items not working in the apartment, this is certainly not our standard level of offering and I will address with the appropriate departments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
#14 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Peppers Soul? Share your experiences!