“Great staff”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Victoria, AUSTRALIA
“Great staff”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great building, friendly staff. My wife rang on way in from airport to request a higher room for better views however reception advised floors 9-30 are best. Our room ended up being on the 28th floor however we wholeheartedly agree, it is so much better as you can actually see waves rolling in. No street noise & less time spent in lift.
Our room was upgraded to have the North east aspect which gave us the sun we are missing at home. Loved the pool, spa etc. Hopefully Surfers is getting a similar upgrade to Soul before the Commonwealth games as parts of it have become decidedly seedier since we were last there 10 years ago.
Having said that the Esplanade & waterfront have been well very done & we think the new light rail will work well.

Room Tip: Recommend the lower floors & if could request one thing more choice in pillows. Coffee downstai...
1 Thank Andrew D
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Moolpa,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent Soul experience.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and you enjoyed the apartment, the view, the service and the facilities.

Do not forget about the pillow menu on the interactive TV - there are a selection of pillows there that we are more than happy for you to trial throughout your stay.

I look forward to seeing you on your next Gold Coast visit, away from the cold.

Adam Taloni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is an impressive looking building. We had 180degree views of the beach and the rooms were beautifully appointed.
The pool, sauna and steam room area were perfect for a winters Queensland day and the gym was also well equipped.
There seems to be a general lack of information available in rooms regarding the facilities, for example we had no idea whether our room was a serviced room or not. We discovered it was after we made our own bed and tidied up!
The amount of night time noise was very off putting, sounded like a basketball game on the floor above us every night that we stayed.
The staff were friendly but kept to themselves.
If you leave anything behind, don't expect it to be sent to you even when you offer to pay the postage. We are still waiting for. Toiletry bag, 4 weeks later.
Apart from the beautiful beaches nearby and the views, this hotel is positioned in a fairly ordinary part of Surfers.
Breakfast very expensive. Eat down the road.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Spj2010,

Thank you for your email. I am pleased to read that you were impressed with the property and the facilities at Soul.

I am sorry you found a lack of information about the property. The online TV compendium has most information you need about the property, not to mention our 24 hour front office team to assist you.

I am a little bewildered as to why you did not simply call reception to enquire if you had daily room servicing included. This quick call would have confirmed that indeed it would be done and save you the effort of making your own bed. Given that we are a five star property, all of our rates do include daily housekeeping.

I do apologise that your neighbours caused noise during your stay. We do have a zero policy on this. Again a call to reception would have seen this guests addressed and the noise stopped.

Whilst the staff may appear to 'keep to themselves', I assure you they are there for you 24 hours a day. The service we like to provide is prompt, efficient service without getting in your way. We respect our guests privacy and personal space. We do try to anticipate guest needs, but please if you ever face similar issues again, please just let us know and we can help answer or find a resolution to your queries.

Singapore
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed on the 7th floor 3 bedroom apartment, request for higher floor not met or bothered to be explained etc...

Dirty bedsheets on arrival, request for change of bedsheets not acted upon. Daily room cleaning average at best. Dusty and dirty balcony.

Called conceirge one day for advice on transfers...call answered by Reception who had no idea, promised to check and NEVER got back...

Not impressed at all, although location itself was fantastic. Except for the master bedroom, which is not huge in any way, the other 2 bedrooms are miserable in size...

1 Thank VooVoo26
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Voovoo26,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am extremely disappointed to hear about the housekeeping and front desk issues you experienced during your stay. This certainly is not the normal level of service we provide as attested to our many guests that have left glowing reviews. I assure you this will be taken seriously and addressed with the relevant department managers.

I am sorry that you felt your high floor request was ignored. With 90% of our guests asking for this request, it certainly hard to fulfil all of these. As our apartments start on level 4, and the fact we don’t manage all the units in the building, the only way to guarantee a high floor is to book one of our Skyview Apartments. These start on level 40. I am surprised this option was not offered to you, however dependant when you stayed they could have all been fully booked.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at soul in room 3403 for 3 nights to celebrate my birthday. As soon as you walk in to reception and the lobby area you already feel very special. The art work and the furnishings are all so high class. Check in was easy and there was no wait. As soon as we walked in I found a nice cupcake for my birthday. As soon as I looked up I was amazed by the view of the ocean. I was so excited and couldn't wait until I checked out the hole apartment . Where do I start the kitchen amazing the living room amazing like something out of a vogue magazine. The bedroom the bed the bathroom all so beautiful. Then I opend the door and out to the balcony amazing. The view is pricless. The rooms are very clean and very modern. I have stayed in other hotels in surfers paradise over the years and soul by far is the best. The outdoor pool area my husband loved. Thank you very much soul for this amazing experience. Cant wait until we come back. Really you must experience soul for yourself you will not be disappointed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Samar31,

Thank you so very much for posting this lovely review and the accompanying photos here on Trip Advisor.

I am truly delighted that you had such a fabulous experience at Soul for your birthday celebrations. I will pass this great feedback on to the team.

I hope we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Soul is simply amazing. Stayed in a 3 bedroom suite for a week on a high floor with my kids and their grandparents. All loved it. You can have lovely views of the beach and ocean from one side of the suite in the day and beautiful night views of the hinterland and city from the other side of the suite. The kitchen equipped with Bosch and Miele appliances is simply great for whipping up breakfast and even a meal or two. The suites are really very comfortable and homely that the kids were always looking forward to returning "home" after the day out at play. And what makes it even better is the location. Surfer paradise beach is right in front of it where the beach markets are, Cavill ave mall is right beside it with lots of food outlets and a Woolworths too. You cannot go wrong with Soul....will definitely stay here again when in Surfers Paradise. What is Soul lacking, maybe a tennis court... ...

Room Tip: Ocean View Sky Suites are really great!
1 Thank Lawrence G
Dear Lawrence G,

Thank you so much for this lovely review of your family's Soul Surfers Paradise experience. It is delightful to hear that all three generations had a fabulous time with us.

All of our apartments are fully self-contained which indeed gives that 'home away from home' feeling. A great number of our guests are stay year after year, so it really is like coming home!

I do hope we get to see you and the family again in the future.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

We were waiting to check in so we sat at the lobby bar and ordered a round of drinks, which was $40 .. it was around 1:30 pm and knowing we could check in soon we thought we would go out for lunch once we had moved into the apartment. Most 5 star hotels give you a bowl of nuts or something but as soul lobby bar doesn't offer any nibbles we simply opened some nuts that we had in our suitcase.. But we were scolded like children for daring to eat nuts in their lobby bar since they have a restaurant right next door...we put the small bag of nuts away..
The apartment was a 3 bedroom on the 24 the floor which was beautiful, clean, and had amazing views.
We went down to the pool to find there were not pool towels, and no hotel staff around anywhere. The pool bar was closed, so no drinks service was available, and just no service in general. It was like tumbleweeds...no staff anywhere. If you want towels you have to go looking for some... And we eventually went back to the lift, back to the lobby and was given towels at the check in desk..not exactly 5 star luxury service...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank AussieandNewfie
Dear Aussieandnewfie,

Thank you for taking the time for providing this feedback following your recent stay with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the apartment and facilities that we have on offer here at Soul.

I am sorry about the issue in the bar. I assure you this will be followed up by myself with that department.

We do state in the guest welcome letter that pool towels are located in all bedroom wardrobes for your convenience. There is also a phone right near the pool so a quick call to reception and we could have brought you up towels to the pool immediately. There is no need to have to make your way to reception if you forgot about the towels in your apartment.

The pool bar is not a feature that we advertise or mention that is available, due to the fact it is not. I am sorry if your expectations were otherwise.

We do have 24 hour coverage of our common areas whose sole responsibility is to keep the facilities on level three in top condition. I am surprised that you saw nobody at all. I assure you they are around. Again, if you ever need assistance from this area, please just lift the phone handset that will connect directly to reception.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just stayed here on the weekend with my wife and my two boys (12&10). We stay down the coast every few weeks and this would have to be the best by far. The view can't be beaten. And we loved the pools both indoor and outside. The room is a really good size with lots of room. Will stay there again next time for sure.

Dear Brett D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review after your recent experience with us.

I am pleased that you and the family made use of our stunning facilities, and enjoyed the spacious apartments.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon when you choose Soul Surfers Paradise as base camp for your next Gold Coast adventure!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#6 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to Peppers Soul? Share your experiences!