“Terrible”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Sydney
“Terrible”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The most disgusting stay of my life. İt was supposingly ment to be a first time experience it was a nightmare. The rooms where terrible the spa didnt work never seen anything so horrible in my life rip off big time......

• Stayed July 2014
6 Thank Maria8174
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Dear Maria8174,

I am shocked to read your review rated as terrible.

I am extremely sorry for whatever occurred that made you feel this way. With only a spa bath not working there is not much else for me to go on to follow up. Please feel free to contact me to furnish me with more details so that I can rectify issues wherever possible.

Given the hundreds of excellent reviews we have received via Trip Advisor, and the fact we are ranked Number Two in Surfers Paradise, I assure you that your experience is not indicative of our standard service levels.

I can be contacted via reservations@soulsurfersparadise.com.au

Adam Taloni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We are locals and love to stay at the Soul for anniversaries, birthdays etc. We've stayed in many hotels on Gold Coast and this is our favourite! It's right in the middle of everything...close to the beach, shops, Restuarants. No need to use your car. The rooms are very spacious, modern and be sure to ask for the ocean views! All the facilities are great too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Icmbs,

Thank you for such a lovely review.

It is such an honour to have locals coming to Soul for their special occasions. I must say we do get quite a lot of celebratory stays and we do try our best to ensure you all have a memorable stay.

I look forward to seeing you again soon when it is next time to celebrate!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The best part of this hotel is definitely the spectacular view of the ocean and coast line. The second we walked into our room on the 32nd floor we were drawn out onto the balcony to admire the 180deg views of the ocean, coast, and GC hinterland.

The staff were really friendly and we experienced excellent service from driving into the drive way right up until check out.

Our room was unfortunately not 100% clean, particularly outside on the balconies. There was around 10 cigarette butts and old magazines and newspapers left over from the last guest.

The breakfast is not worth the extra money. I would recommend just having breakfast at one of the numerous cafes and restaurants underneath the hotel. We were led to believe we were paying for a full buffet breakfast, but upon having breakfast on our first morning we learned it only included a continental breakfast, and that we had to pay an additional $10 for the full buffet. Only English Breakfast tea was included, and it was $4.50 for any other tea, even Earl Grey. The full buffet is fairly good, not the best I've experienced but still good, and the Continental consists of toast, croissants, cereal, and fruit.

In conclusion, I think this is one of the best hotels at Surfers Paradise, which is for the most part quite run down. I would recommend staying here, on a high floor.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear 22bld22,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review of your recent Soul experience.

I am very sorry that your balcony was not up to the standard that you, or I, expect from such a prestigious property. This issue will be addressed with my team. I hope that if reported it was rectified promptly for you.

Thank you for your breakfast feedback. We are currently reviewing our offering and are very close to announcing a new concept in the coming weeks after the final creative touches are decided on.

Thank you once again for the feedback.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Having stayed at a few different hotels in Gold Coast already, we couldn't pass up the opportunity when Hotel Club had a sale for gold members.

We've been eying this hotel since it was so close to the main Surfers Paradise businesses and beach!

From the minute we arrived, the staff were so friendly, efficient and actually listened to our request for a higher floor!

The 1 bedroom apartment we booked was large, spacious and had a beautiful view of the endless ocean.

Our only concern was that the spa bath needed to be cleaner as we saw some residues of the last guests in it.

In addition, THE ELEVATOR NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Linda Z,

Thank you so much for the feedback. I will ensure this is passed on to the team and action taken where needed.

The title of your review is vert apt. Being right on the beachfront there is no better place in Surfers Paradise for proximity to the beach, local shops, cafes and restaurants, and of course uninterrupted views.

I am glad that you got to experience Soul and that your experience in one of our One Bedroom Apartments was what you desired.

Be sure to keep an eye out for our next specials so that we can welcome you back again soon.

Rockhampton, Australia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We had our family holiday at Soul these holidays. We were in a 3 bedroom apartment on the 6th floor which had a wonderful view. The apartments are wonderful and the position near Cavil Avenue was perfect. Even though we stayed in winter the kids made use of the pools and spas.We would recommend Soul and stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Julie E,

Thank you for the great feedback from your recent Soul Surfers Paradise experience.

I am really delighted that you and the family enjoyed your three bedroom apartment and all the facilities the property offers. Our pools are heated so we can ensure maximum fun for the kids year-round!

I do hope we are able to welcome you all back again soon to the Gold Coast.

Newcastle
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I visit the Gold Coast every 2 months or so, and try a new and different hotel. This is the best I have experienced. I stayed on 15th floor - they upgraded me from 2 bedroom to 1 bedroom; quality of room is amazing. Beautiful view, easy for walking along the esplanade and right opposite one of the main swimming beaches. It is right in the heart of the Surfers Paradise - the retail shopping below allows easy access to Cavill Mall. Parking was easy and included in the rate. I would stay there again, particularly if I brought my young family along.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bluezebra
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Bluezebra,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience here above other recent ones on the Gold Coast.

I am pleased you enjoyed the complimentary car parking and hope you used the complimentary WI FI also.

Soul is a very popular destination for families so I am sure yours would be delighted to stay with us and explore all the property has to offer including two pools, spa, sauna, steam room, secret garden, BBQ's and more.

I hope we get to see you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife & I stayed at Soul for 2 nights in June for a weekend away to see the AFL.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment with ocean views. The room was on level 6 and the view was brilliant even though there was another 60+ floors above us. The room was actually a 2 bedroom apartment with the second bedroom locked off giving us 2 bathrooms. The king bed was comfortable and the separate lounge was great. The was a full kitchen and a laundry as well. The balcony had a dining area as well as a lounge area.

The place has an indoor & outdoor pool area which overlooks the beach and the sun lounges were fantastic.

We didn't eat at the in-house restaurant, Seaduction, but there are many alternatives around like the Beach Cafe and Hurricanes.

The staff were great with the team at the front desk giving us access to the pool area and called us when our room was ready as we arrived quite early.

The location is right on the beach with plenty of patrolled areas to have a swim. The Cavill Avenue area can be a bit rough but the Soul development looks to be "gentrifying" the area.

We loved staying at Soul and had a great weekend on the Gold Coast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam T, General Manager at Peppers Soul, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Hollc,

Thank you so much for this great feedback. I will be certain to share this with the team.

I am pleased to receive your positive feedback on the accommodation and service levels we provide here at Soul.

If it was a fairly recent stay, I am assuming that your team was not quite as happy with their Gold Coast experience as you were. The Suns are performing fantastically this year and doing the GC very proud.

Good luck with the rest of the season. I hope to see you for the next Suns game, or just a relaxing weekend away from the southern winter.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#2 of 21 in Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to Peppers Soul? Share your experiences!