“Cool way to pass a bit of time”
Review of Racecentre

Racecentre
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Racecentre is Australia’s Most Advanced Racing Simulation Centre, designed to give drivers the most realistic racing experience possible! We provide dynamic racing experiences for individuals and groups to race against each other in real-time racing.Simulators are FULL MOTION, SURROUND SCREEN & SURROUND SOUND! Race F1, V8, Rally, Drift around hundreds of Australian and Worldwide tracks. Our simulators are the same as professional race drivers use for training: challenging and awesome fun!
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was an early christmas present for my sons, they loved it and raced against each other, very expensive but worth it.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Had a few hours to kill in Surfers and found myself in here chatting to the very knowledgeable guy about technology and cars. Ended up having a go - $80 for an hour, but I went for an hour and a half for that fee and he was happy for me to stay around beyond that.

The simulator itself is intended to be very realistic physics wise - which I guess it was. I'm no race driver, but I did do a 'V8 experience' thing recently where I did 10 laps of a racetrack, so I had a base of comparison. The simulator is less forgiving that the real thing I'd say, with flying off around corners a standard part of the experience at first. This diminished and I'm sure with time you'd overcome it - but if you only plan to do this once and for an hour or less, get ready for it.

The 'chair shaking' simulation made me a bit queasy after a while and didn't really relate to the terrain you were on, and I switched it off partway through.

All in all, it was a good thing to do; the physics are no better though than recent Formula 1 sims on PC, which you can buy for that amount. The graphics are definitely worse, but they are driving 3 monitors so I can kind of understand why.

Have a crack if you're a revhead or particularly love racing.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

This was freaking amazing !! The experience was more than what I expected. I highly recommend this activity

HINT: go after 7:30pm for happy hour (pay 80$ for 1 hr but you end up going for 2)

Brilliant set up & worth every cent !! I only blinked 7 times in 2 hours haha if it wasn't for the time id still be racing

I want one in my room ....NOW !!!

Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My fiancé used to spear fish among sharks 3 times a week for many years so you can say he loves his adrenalin rush. Race Centre allowed him to feel the same adrenalin! He was hooked! For those who are into racing, speed, competitive sport -- you will love this! As close to the real thing as you can get. The guy who ran it said that real race car drivers actually practice using the same kind of simulators and only get to drive the real thing about 6 times a year. He was very helpful, patient and knowledgeable. I believe it costs $80/hour. Grab a beer next door after you race to 'cool down'. :)

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Took my husband and 15 yo son here as they are both into cars and they really enjoyed it. We booked for an hour, and the staff were so helpful. If you suffer motion sickness you can feel a little queasy after a while but they turned off the side screens to help with this. Definitely best to get an hour at least so you can get the hang of it first. Great fun for rev heads!

Kerry M, Owner at Racecentre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

HI Julie,

Many thanks for taking the time to write about Racecentre! We are delighted to hear you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing your kind words!

Best wishes