I recently stayed at the Marriott with my husband & 6 yr old daughter. We chose this hotel because of the pool and lagoon. I had stayed at the hotel many years before and knew that my daughter would love the facilities, which she did!
We paid to upgrade to an ocean view room and was glad that we did as the view of the pool area was stunning. Our room was freshly painted & decorated however the bathroom was still the same as I remembered 15 years ago. It was still very nice and clean though. I suppose we were expecting everything to be new due to all the advertising of "$20 million dollar refurbishments".
Our only complaint would have to be the service we received on our first (and only) trip to Citrique Restaurant. The waiter, Steve, was so unbelievably rude to me at breakfast that it left me speechless. We continued to eat our food but did not return to the restaurant for our evening meals and had to seek out other places to eat to get the service that we were entitled to....and we did at Conrad Jupiters and Seaworld Nara Resort.
So although the hotel is beautiful, it takes more than that to make a holiday and so next time we will not be staying at the Marriott but I know two other great hotels at least which will make our stay more enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast, Australia