We are locals and have stayed here many times. The rooms have been refurbished fairly recently and this is a big improvement. Our room (2706) was fresh and clean with a great partial view of the ocean and up to Surfers Paradise.
We got a super deal through Travelzoo and booked/paid about 2 months in advance. Really worth it as we had access to the Elandra Retreat included. We enjoyed dropping in for a cup of coffee & biscuit and we also had pre-dinner drinks and nibbles before we headed downstairs for dinner.
Unfortunately, some people really abuse this privilege and were just plain gluttonous. They were set up at 5pm with tables all put together with a large group of friends and were still there when we returned from dinner at 8.30pm - yes, still eating and drinking.
My suggestion to the Marriott F&B Manager, would be to have the waiters serving (with room key & number of guests checked) and no longer allowing the guests to serve themselves. We were amazed to see guests in the kitchen, going to fridge and just helping themselves to whatever they wanted.
There was only 1 attendant most of the day and then 2 attendants after 6pm. These guys worked non-stop and were losing the race!! I am sure the consumption would be less and it would be far more viable to pay for 2 or 3 attendants controlling the abuse of the food & alcohol.
The pool/lagoon area is really nice. Yes, the swimming pool needs attention with tiles coming off and it looks tired. There was a slight problem with the light rail work being done next to the north end of the pool - strong odour when the workmen were welding and fairly noisy. There is a need for more shade over the sunlounges as they are the ones taken first.
Great that you can help yourself to beach towels, again this is being abused with people next to us with 3 or 4 towels each (family of 4 with about 14 towels).
We ordered from the poolside bistro and the food was good for this type of venue. In the evening we dined at the Lobby Lounge as we found out when we called to book that Citrique was closed (Monday night).
The waiter was very helpful and our drinks were served promptly. Unfortunately, the main meals took ages and my meal was only just warm. As it was chicken, I asked for it to be heated but they insisted on replacing it. My meal took so long, everyone else was finished theirs and it wasn't enjoyable. It seemed that initially everything was fine but once it got busier, the service and attentiveness went by the way.
This is a really lovely Resort and the amenities are fabulous. Just little things like having an ice machine on each floor, fabulous bathroom amenities, walk-in wardrobe with plenty of space and many choices for drinks, dining, swimming etc. make the stay very comfortable and enjoyable. The staff also deserve a mention as they are always very courteous and accommodating - whatever your query.
Let's hope the self absorbed guests don't spoil it for everyone else.
We love coming here and will be back sooner than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast, Australia