My wife, two year old child and I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. We booked a transfer on viator.com instead of using the hotel transfer. The hotel transfer is twice the price. The hotel is located about 15 minutes walking distance from the center of the city. However, they are building a tram that will take you there.
The room was very nice and the pool is excellent. They are a waterfall, sandy beach, a pool and a waterslide. It was very big and nice for kids.
Breakfast was large and had many choices. The breakfast restaurant was kid friendly too. However, this restaurant closes on Mondays which makes absolutely no sense to us. In our opinion, all of the restaurants in the hotel should be open every day. It is difficult to get reservations for the Benihana restaurant. It is a typical hibachi restaurant and we were not that impressed. The prices are very expensive too. It cost $55 per person for the chicken meal and our 2 year old was charged $30. It does not make sense to us for the baby to order her own meal which she cannot finish.
Often times, we would ask at the reception desk if our room could be cleaned as we ate breakfast or went to the pool. Many times, these requests were ignored by the maid staff. We were disappointed to have to adjust our schedule to fit the maid's schedule.
This hotel is very expensive and we used points for our stay. We would not have stayed here if we could not use points. In our opinion, it is not worth the expensive price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Marriott, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast, Australia