We stayed at this hotel for the last Australia Day weekend. I chose it mainly because the lagoon pool with the artificial beach and real reef fishes sounded interesting. We were not disappointed. Our children (13 and 11 years old) spent practically the whole weekend in the water.
For one of the day we hired one of the large daybeds which was fantastic. We had lunch by the pool as well. Stupidly we forgot our flippers and snorkels at home but you can hire them at the pool. It's cheaper to buy some though if you think your kids will use them for more than an hour! They also rent out little motorised things that pull you through the water. We didn't try them because I thought the kids would be bored with them pretty quickly.
The room was fine, but we hardly spent any time there. We purchased a two day membership for the Executive Lounge which gave us access to all day snacks, complimentary beverages and happy hour drinks. We had breakfast up there as well, which we found convenient. While the membership was not cheap we do feel that it saved us money overall.
When I booked the hotel I thought it was located closer to the Surfers Paradise town centre than it actually is. There doesn't seem to be much around it, which didn't bother us, because the purpose of the visit was to meet up with friends who live on the Gold Coast and nor tourism or a day on the beach. I would definitely stay here again. Everyone was friendly and helpful and the resort has a lovely holiday atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast, Australia