“Must stay!! Don't go anywhere else!”

Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

My SO and I stayed here sadly for only one night after staying at another very average hotel we decided we wanted to spoil ourselves and also have a great nights sleep. We regret not booking this hotel for the whole of our stay.
There is nothing to fault. The king size beds are soft and comfy and we fell asleep almost straight away. They have am amazing pool which shuts at 10pm every night. This is a must when visiting. The Buffet for breakfast and lunch is AMAZING!!! So also another must try. From the moment you walk in to the moment you leave you are greeted with friendly and helpful staff. Overall highly recommend This hotel. It may be a little pricey but definately worth every dollar.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,464)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for 1 night in an ocean view room. Service and staff were fabulous. Room size was great, nice view of the ocean and the pool. Pool is wonderful with tropical fish in one section- we hired a snorkel and goggles. There is a waterslide and waterfall as well as 2 spas. The breakfast buffet was one of the best we have had. Great variety with options cooked fresh to order. We really enjoyed our stay and are likely to return with our 2 children as they were very jealous when we described the pool!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muskie3
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We love going to the Surfers Paradise Marriott.The service is fantastic and the staff are extremely professional yet friendly so it makes our stay extremely enjoyable. The staff that provided exceptional service included Chris at the Concierge desk, Anna at Citrique each breakfast, Carmel from the Club Marriott office, Nobu and Carla (the Assistant Manager) at Benihana, the lovely lady who ran the kids club and Casey who looked after us each day by the pool. The fabulous service these members of staff provided was based around simple things such as remembering our names from day to day, asking if they could do anything to make our stay better, engaging with our very inquisitive 7 year old and most of them individually remembering the fact that we were at the Surfers Paradise Marriott in January and acknowledging this during our April stay - these gestures all go a long way in not only making us come back to the Marriott quicker than planned, but not even entertaining the thought of a) staying anywhere else b) needing to go out of the Marriott to eat or socialise eg out of a 7 day stay for three of the nights we ate at Benihana and then at the hotel the remainder. The food was fantastic in the restaurants and the pool/lagoon area is great for families. All in all our stay was fabulous so we thank the Marriott for making this a lovely holiday for us......

Room Tip: Rooms that face the pool are great because you get to see a bit of activity during the day. Quality...
3  Thank Petty H
Marriott S, General Manager at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Our team are extremely grateful to you for your kind words and commending our associates who hosted you and your family so well. We will be sure to share your comments with our team and celebrate the service these associates have shown to you and your family during your recent stay.

We all look forward to warmly welcoming you back to the Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa again soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

we had a fantastic stay, Friendly staff, awesome breakfast and dinners in the resturant and a amazing view from our room. Will definitely be staying here again. the pool was beautiful swimming with tropical fish

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My husband was here for a conference and all I had to do was shop during the day and have a massage and be free to go out to dinner at night not really hard.
The Marriott itself is lovely as are the staff. The pool surrounds nearly all of the Marriott and has a section with sand like being at a beach as well as just a straight pool area. Had a great time here would definitely go here again

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lindy130859
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Good location away from the noise of surfers paradise though it is only 15 min walking distance... good service and nice, helpful staff... clean and big rooms... quiet place and affordable.. over the river of gold coast

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times as I am a member of the cub Marriott and over the last few stays I have really noticed the decline in customer service and aging amenities. My check in this time (24/4/14) was horrible and stressful, I have a three year old and I one year old and I was told that I can not have a porta cot and a rollaway bed in the same room due to fire hazards. I have done this three times before and never has anyone said this to me. When I asked where my baby would sleep the man said in my bed! are you kidding I don't come and stay in a hotel to have my kids sleep in my bed!!! At the point of booking I informed them I have two children and there ages no questions asked. I was not impressed with not having a bed for my toddler.

the room was tatty, paint peeling off the shower floor, mould in the sink and shower corners, missing paint off bedside tables, suspicious stains on the bed head. The bathrooms at this place definitely need an upgrade, the marble is way out dated now.

the main reason we stay her is the pool, we love it always lot of fun, the fish are great but it there were no sun loungers left and we had to sit at the only available table, no problems as we did spend most time in the pool and I don't really get to sunbake with the kids anyway!
who would of thought that you would need to pay to use the daybeds? - charging for a day bed is such a rip off!!!! shame on you Marriott. daybeds should be free!!! they are everywhere else in the world!

housekeeping let us down too, we asked for two more towels as only two were provided and there is 4 in our family and they never came.....I reordered them 3 hours later.

the restaurant is always the highlight of our trip the dinner buffet always good, service was a little slack this time round but it was pretty busy.
breakfast was not so good the omelette man having trouble keeping up with all the orders and a wait time of 15mins + with the occasional burning of one!!!

I would definitely not pay full price for this hotel it is so not worth it. not sure if I will renew out club Marriott card this year as the accommodation side of things is letting the membership down.

Room Tip: both views are nice
4  Thank Rocky S
Marriott S, General Manager at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

As one of our valued Club Marriott members, we certainly appreciate the loyalty you have shown over the years to Marriott and are very concerned after reading your feedback that you were so disappointed on your last visit to our resort.

While we cannot take back the disappointment you have experienced, we would like to offer our sincerest apologies and welcome the opportunity of discussing this matter with you personally if appropriate so that we can regain your trust in Marriott once again. Please feel free to contact Management via our Executive Office on 07 5592 9829 when convenient.

We thank you for sharing this feedback with us and look forward to speaking with you further.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
#3 of 5 in Main Beach
Peppers Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 7 in Broadbeach

Been to Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!