“Good location, does what its supposed to...”

Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were here for three nights. Rooms were great (with 2 double beds) for family of 4. Kids had their bed to themselves.... good night's sleep for all. Room had a balcony, with a great view. You could pay extra for a sea view, but I think the Hinterland view was pretty awesome as well. Breakfast was pretty average for Marriott standards - Get a room only and buy your breakfast elsewhere... Staff and service was just about ok, I have seen much better... Asked for a jug of drinking water, advised to drink it from the washroom tap. Sorry fellas - even if its coming directly from the Australian Alps, that's not my style. I need a jug of water, I jug of water it should have been. Asked for a matchbox - Sorry to inform that no match boxes - A big shout quickly resulted in a cigarette lighter for $1 - although they had courtesy enough not to charge me for it finally. On the contrary the dudes at the Concierge desk were pretty awesome and helpful. Overall good value for money but the service missed the mark for me. Would still recommend though.

1  Thank rajatgarg
Write a ReviewReviews (2,389)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I checked the reviews on TripAdvisor for this hotel and it was so true...Good hotel & awesome pool. Little walk away from the main beach but 15 mins walk is always good in Gold Coast.
Kids enjoy the pool.This is a truly 5 star property, jus need to add few things in the breakfast so that vegetarians can eat something too....

Room Tip: Take a room on higher floors facing the city...Great view
2  Thank Manbir
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

My two boys and I stayed for seven nights and loved it. The Pool was brilliant and at times only shared with a few others. The restaurants' excellent and theme parks a bus ride away. Rooms a little dated but quite well maintained. Easy walking distance to Surfers CBD and plenty of other attractions. Beach was a short stroll away and weather beautiful. Will be coming back!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Vicduf
Reviewed 23 June 2014

From the moment we walked into this hotel we felt like we were on holidays. The reception staff were friendly , efficient and professional. Every aspect of our stay has been five star. The rooms were large and well appointed , the bed was really comfy. The staff are friendly and seem to be happy to be there, nothing is too much trouble. You have to see the salt water pool complete with fish and the most amazing day beds. You don't need to leave the hotel it has it all.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms offer an almost uninterrupted view of the Ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Having stayed at many mediocre hotels on the Gold Coast, I'm happy to report that the Marriott is one of the best.

I'll get a few negatives out of the way first. The fresh water pool was closed for a refurb - I suppose it has to be done sometime - bad timing from our part. Secondly, we were on the 23rd floor and could still hear the new light railway system trundling past every few minutes.

Positives. Even though it was June (winter), my 2 sons and I spent hours swimming in the salt water pool with the fish - a real highlight. We paid a little extra and were upgraded to a sea facing junior suite - the extra room and view was well worth the additional expense.

The hotel was clean and all the staff were friendly and always willing to help.

We will be back again in the summer.

1  Thank Shaun F
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Nothing short of fantastic. Every aspect of this hotel impresses, from the buffet spread to the salt water pool where you can swim with the fishes and the views from the seafacing rooms. Bathroom looks dated, but that doesnt put you down. If you are coming to gold coast stay no where else but here. We enjoyed our 4 nights here. They even upgraded our room for free. Truely 5 star.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank reu_g
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't believe you could do better than to stay here , this was my second stay here and it just keeps getting better ....the breakfasts in Critique are delicious and the best cup of coffee I've had in a restaurant , I had 3 cups lol .
With views to die for , I have to come back in summer so I can swim in that pool although being from Sydney the weather in surfers was warm enough to swim if I'd taken my cozie , wasn't expecting it to be so nice and warm , I'll definitely be back next year :o)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
#2 of 7 in Broadbeach
Palazzo Versace
Palazzo Versace
#3 of 5 in Main Beach

Been to Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!