“Will stay here next time.”

Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 29 August 2014

I don't normally write these but I felt a needed to make an exception for the Marriott. I was in the Gold Coast recently for a conference at the Marriott while staying at another hotel. I wish I had stayed at the Marriott. Even though I wasn't staying at the hotel I was always greeted warmly each day by Malcolm and Derek at Concierge and they were always cheerful and extremely helpful with both our conference needs and needs as visitors to the coast. I loved the coffee and service in the Java cafe in the lobby and I found the events team at the hotel to be very organized and professional. These staff are a credit to the hotel. If this is how people staying at other hotels are treated I can't wait until my next trip to the coast so I can stay at the Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank John W
There are newer reviews for Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa

Reviewed 28 August 2014

I usually don't stay at the Marriott - but I was pleasantly surprised . Stayed in an executive suite for a few nights... From arrival greeted with chocolates & champagne. Staff were great, anticipating my needs and extremely friendly. Hotel bar cocktails good, with a willingness to create something off the menu. In Citrique restaurant I tried a Kale, Quinoa Salad & prawn salad as recommended by a waiter .. it was so amazing I ordered another! Benihana Japanese Restaurant put on a great performance by skilled chefs right in front of you. The Club had a decent breakfast, and the actually room was large & spacious with a spa overlooking Surfer Paradise

Room Tip: corner suites have a great view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Marriott S, General Manager at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your 5 star review on Tripadvisor!

We are very pleased to hear that you were impressed with the service and facilities we provide here and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Excellent friendly service from Valet Parking to Check Out. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff. Bedroom and view were great. Pools were great to look at and great to swim in. Staff (particularly Anna) in the Elandra Retreat Club made the food and view even better. Benihana Japanese teppanyaki was outstanding.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for four nights whilst attending a conference. Pretty much faultless, breakfast v impressive. Staff were great and room was v comfortable.
Only minor thing was someone must had a long shower as there wasn't any hot water one morning. I was told an engineer would visit the room. Unbeknown to me a colleague also complained and got a bottle of wine!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly, The room was adequate. We found mold in the bathroom around the shower and found that unacceptable. The bedding was comfortable and we had a lovely view. We ate at the hotel buffet for breakfast and dinner. Didn't find anything that was really outstanding. In fact the seafood dinner buffet was so bad that we ended up not eating much and grabbing a bit else where. We were only a short walk to the train, which was nice to catch and get around town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa B
Marriott S, General Manager at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Lisa,

We thank you for choosing to stay at our resort as part of your Australian trip and are glad you were able to make use of the resort’s facilities along with the new light rail system which conveniently connects the hotel to all of the main tourist hubs in and around the area.

There are a few bathrooms at the hotel where the cement grout has discoloured over time but this is definately not a cleanliness issue.

It is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your experience at Citrique Restaurant as we normally receive great comments on our Seafood Buffet and the extensive selection of dishes that is on offer. We have however passed your feedback onto our Executive Chef for his review.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to regain your confidence in our resort when you next travel to the Gold Coast and appreciate you providing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Bright airy and spacious, the Surfers Paradise Marriott fits in well with its Gold Coast surroundings. This is a nice hotel and while my stay was work related, it would be a fantastic location for a Gold Cost holiday.
It's close enough to Surfers Paradise to feel as though your in it, but far enough away to avoid the worst of the traffic. It's no more than a ten minute walk away and now with a light rail stop out the front as well connecting you to Southport and Broadbeach in either direction.
It goes without saying, but if staying here, it's well worth asking for a room on a high floor. The views, whether facing the ocean or facing inland are simply fantastic. Though I didn't use it, the spacious lagoon would be ideal for families, or simply those keen to catch some sun, yet tired of brushing sand off their feet.
One less than stellar aspect of my stay was our experience in the lobby cafe. My colleagues and I were meeting for a drink and a light snack. The waitress offered a menu, but 45 minutes later hadn't returned to take our order.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Marriott S, General Manager at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Andrew,

We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our resort when staying on the Gold Coast for business.

The resort is perfectly positioned just north of Surfers Paradise and now with the new light rail system, we are easily connected to the Broadbeach and Southport precincts as well as the Gold Coast Convention Centre.

We do apologise for the delayed service you experienced when visiting our Lobby Lounge Bar and will take this feedback to our Department Manager to ensure that this is highlighted to the team as we are always looking for areas where we can improve to ensure a consistent five star service for our guests.

We thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and we look forward to welcoming you back, when you next visit the Gold Coast for business or leisure.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I was booked in here for a conference. Every aspect of the hotel helped to create an enjoyable and satisfying experience. Reception staff were delightful, friendly and helpful. All other staff including restaurants, bar, conference area, cleaning were equally as friendly, cheerful and professional. This enhances the atmosphere and consequently the mood of the client. My room looked out over water and then further out to the ocean. The view was magnificent and lifted my spirits every time I returned to the room. The room was spacious, attractively decorated, fresh and bright. It was perfectly clean, the linen was fresh and good quality and the room had all the practical requirements. We did not choose the hotel breakfast but had a snack at the little coffee shop in the lobby. The coffee was good and my avocado and smoked salmon on sourdough was simple, tasty and good value. We ate in the Japanese teppanyaki restaurant, Benihana, within the hotel and it was an entertaining experience with very good quality food and good value. I have written a fuller report on this separately. We enjoyed cocktails in the bar in relaxed comfort and extensive cocktail menu. I was able to enjoy early morning walks on the beach as it was only a 3 minute walk to the beach. Others availed themselves of the pool and the gym in their spare time. The hotel is attractive, inviting with a welcoming staff and all the amenities to make the stay easy and enjoyable. It is a 15/20 minute walk into the heart of Surfers Paradise or a short drive. I would certainly recommend it highly.

• Stayed: August 2014
#14 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Palazzo Versace
Palazzo Versace
#3 of 5 in Main Beach

Been to Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!