My husband and I stayed here late July 2009 as I had a big examination to attend and he came along for the ride. It was just great. The hotel itself is lovely. The decor is a bit dated but did not seem shabby or kitsch. Everything was beautifully clean. Our room was on the 25th floor and had stunning views. There was minimal noise (except with the balcony door open).
The room was spacious with 2 double beds and a desk, with a separate cupboard with luggage rack and a safe- heaps of room for our belongings. The bed was supremely comfortable firm pillow top with feather cushions. The bathroom was large with a separate bath and shower. Fairly standard but nice complementary toiletries. Lots of big white towels and bathrobes which were great.
The TV was a disappointment, particularly the night before the exam when I just wanted to relax- a very old CRT model with quite bad reception for the free to air channels. But typical of many hotels.
The service throughout was outstanding. Everyone was friendly and lovely and extremely helpful- from the front desk right through to housekeeping etc. The concierges were able to make helpful restaurant recommendations- not just the usual tourist traps. The front desk were able to wrap a gift for us. We didn't tip once throughout and the friendly service continued.
Room service was quite good, but the food is better in the restaurant. The seafood buffet was a disappointment.
The pool area was just phenomenal. It was huge, beautifully maintained with lush gardens and very clean. There is a man made lagoon with tropical fish where you can snorkel, and also a waterfall screening a secluded area. There are sand beaches on either side and rows of deckchairs. There is bar and poolside service for food and drink. The other pool is a long and narrow winding area which then opens up into a larger regular pool. Both were wonderful. There is also a waterslide and two separate hot spa areas.
The beauty spa at the Marriott was lovely- the staff were really nice and made us feel very relaxed. I had a full body massage and it was very relaxing, as was having my hair washed and blow dried afterwards (an additional fee).
The hotel was quite close to the beach- a less than five minute walk if you dash across the highway and cut through the other hotel carparks, which is easy to do and not illegal. We did swim in the ocean a couple of times, it was lovely even at that time of the year.
Overall, we had a lovely time and would certainly stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast, Australia