I wanted to stay at this Hotel for my birthday as I had previously stayed at the Marriott in Hawaii and had the most wonderful stay thanks to the Hotel Manager.
I emailed the Hotel Manager to organise my booking at this Hotel and explained it was a special occassion and would love an upgrade if possible. I was advised that they would be happy to look at any opportunities closer to the date, but the next day was advised that they could not offer any upgrade. The room rate was still quite expensive $299 per night and did not include breakfast, I thought they may have offered us this. I know an upgrade is not a right but we were looked after so well in Hawaii I had really just assumed we would be looked after here too. I was very very wrong, this hotel may be lovely but they are all about making money, not looking after their guests, they were holding off to see if they could get more money from the upgraded rooms than $299, as one reveiw mentions you do not get the warm fuzzy feeling in dealing with this hotel at all. I actually mentioned that to them but no response.There were much more affordable hotels and apartments on the Gold Coast but my family and myself really love the Marriott hospitality, or so we had thought, I emailed the General Manager and asked was there anything we could do for my birthday and his curt and rude response is not to be believed so I am posting it here for all to see how they couldnt care less about their guests.
As stated - we are not able to offer you a free upgrade to a suite -
We now consider this matter closed and are unable to asist your further
I emailed back the Marriott values for example -"Do Whatever it Takes to Take Care of the Customer" and "Use their creativity to find new ways to meet the needs of customers" but of coarse there was no reply.
They were not at all interested in offering any other suggestions or following the Marriott Core Values and just said the matter is closed, of coarse I have shown all my colleagues and friends this horrid response and just wanted to spare any one else going through the heartache I did with this hotel. It is just not worth it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa couples quiet luxury with spacious accommodation and intuitive service, providing an unforgettable hotel experience for guests here on the Gold Coast. Tucked amidst sparkling lagoons, white sandy beaches, and cascading waterfalls, the 216 room fully integrated resort offers amenities to please the entire family; from quiet pool zones and unique aquatic experiences to bike rentals and a new Kid's Activities Centre. The immaculately appointed hotel accommodation offers floor-to-ceiling windows, marble bathrooms, and pillow top mattresses. Step out onto your balcony and revel in the beauty of your Gold Coast surroundings. Treat yourself to superb cuisine at Misono, Citrique, or Chapter & Verse bar and lounge, or book a day of pampering at Ruby Spa. Those planning events here on the Gold Coast can make use of the expansive function room space including the stylish Marriott Ballroom. Indulge, discover and explore in effortless style at Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort And Spa
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Marriott Surfers Paradise Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa Gold Coast, Australia