Our bookings were originally made whilst this was still the Holiday Inn, and having read reviews of people having trouble on arrival, I decided to call ahead. The lady I spoke to initially couldn't see the bookings, and had trouble understanding my questions. That said, she assured me she would get someone to contact me back in the next couple of days. As promised, the phone call came and this time the bookings (for 4 rooms) had been located; I was advised there would be no issues upon check-in, and I'm happy to report that this was indeed the case. Check-in was quick, efficient, and posed no problems at all.
I had requested each of the rooms to be on the south side and as high up as possible, and Outrigger did their best to facilitate this. The rooms themselves were fantastic, modern, clean, spacious, with great views from the balcony. As this was a mini honeymoon, my wife and I booked a suite. Whilst there wasn't a fully separate bedroom, it was well segregated from the living area and bathroom, and did include a walk-in wardrobe which my wife made much use of. The rest of the hotel is equally well decked out both inside and out.
Only a couple of room requests were made during our stay - champagne on arrival, and additional coat hangers - and Outrigger came to the party with both. No issues at all.
Location is absolutely superb. It's less than 5 minutes walk to Cavil Mall and therefore you have easy access to a huge range of cafes, bars and restaurants. Despite being so close, we heard no noise whatsoever in the room, though we were on the 20th floor. The hotel is also almost right on the beach so very convenient for a swim and a surf.
That all being said, I do have a couple of minor criticisms of the hotel. Firstly, the hotel gym is sparse, and what equipment there is has seen better days. Secondly, the breakfast is very expensive, especially when the Sandbar restaurant just around the corner does amazing all you can eat breakfasts for less than half the price. I'd definitely recommend going there instead. Finally, the concierge in the hotel lobby wasn't very knowledgeable nor able to help us when we were trying to organise discount entry to Seaworld, Dreamworld and Wet and Wild. She was adamant that no discounts existed, and we would have to pay full price. I questioned whether an entertainment book gold card would get us a discount and the lady again advised no. Needless to say, having gone away and researched myself, we found out that the gold card actually does give a 15% discount. So yeah, don't rely on the concierge.
To be fair though these really are minor points, and don't stop me from rating the hotel a full 5 stars. We had an absolutely great time in Gold Coast, and a large reason for that is because of where we stayed. Highly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on View Hotel is a great choice in Surfers Paradise accommodation you can choose from the City View Twin Suite right through to the Ocean View Spa suite. All have private balconies, wonderful views, high speed internet, cable TV and super-comfy beds. Fantastic amenities like the resort-style pool and children's pool, fully equipped gymnasium, tennis courts Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon, conference rooms and an on site Restaurant - NOSH Pan Asian, which offers a daily buffet breakfast with traditional favourites and hot meals prepared in our open kitchen, it's the a la carte lunch and dinner menu where NOSH Pan Asian gets decidedly exotic. Mantra on View Hotel is also one of the best wedding venues on the Gold Coast. There's excellent shopping to be had, theme parks, long stretches of sandy Gold Coast beaches and an excellent variety of restaurants and bars. whatever the reason for your stay, you will have an memorable time at Mantra on View Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Holiday Inn
- Mantra On View Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia