“really good!”

Mantra on View Hotel
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We had a suite on a high floor.. amazing views outlooking the ocean! decent room.. comfortable and roomy.. good balcony.. plenty of parking space.. breakfast was ok & balcony was a bit small. worth it for the ocean views though and its not too expensive.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Zuril,

My sincerest apologies for the very late response to your review. I acknowledge your mcomments and will speak to chef about breakfast being OK, but would welcome your comments to me Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I can obtain specifcs so we can address.

The ocean views are spectacular from the balcony and whether a sunny day or not so sunny, the changes in the ocean make it interesting every day.

I look forward to your email re breakfast and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Kind regards,.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I booked in a get away for me and my partner and I left a little dissapointed. The hotel exterior was quite run down, my hopes were raised once I saw the lobby, but then faded again after leaving the elevator to our room. We had the Ocean King room on the 11th level. The walls and carpets are old and stained and there was a small cockaroach. We had holes in our bath mats and scuff marks on the inside of our cupboards. Poor attension to detail. The lifts to the car park we're confusing, and the staff we're a bit lost at times. Our buffet breakfast was included in our package but our names wern't on the door. They we're nice enough though, and the buffet breakfast was ok. It was fun playing tennis with a veiw of the ocean and the location was perfect. Probably more suited for people wanting a place to crash after a night out on the town more then for couples wanting to be romantic and relax.

Room Tip: Our room was right next to the Clock hotel, on the west side of the hotel. It rang every hour during...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Jackie J

Your comments re your recent stay are sincerely appreciated and will be used with our Body Corporate to further progress the upgrade of all corridors as a minimum with a repaint.

Other comments will be discussed with our team to ensure we correct issues such as you name not with the restaurant for your breakfast and I will meet with the Car Park manager to seek better directional signs.

While I appreciate your said more orientated for the overnight stays than for a romantic couples weekend, I would ask you to try the hotel again and see about staying in one of our suites.
Please contact me directly if you would like to do this.

Many thanks for your comments,

Reviewed 3 June 2012

My Wife and I stayed in the room on the 17th floor. We booked the so called "Cracking Deal" through another website. It turned out ot too be soo cracking, although I though the breakfast is included it turns out you need tof pay an extra $25 on top. You have to wallk a mile from the carpark to get to the hotel and it is part of a general mall, your have to Pay 8$ a night if it is not included in your rate, and it is not secure.
Rooms are outdated, bathroom bath was filthy and sticky. The carpet looked like it had not been a cleaned properly as flecks of dirt were visible. The ironing board was falling apart and i nearly burnt myself due to it the iron sliding off it three times. The airvents were really dusty and i woke up with a sore throat. Beds are really hard and really cheap not comfortable at all. The TV's are not digital, so you don't pick up free digital TV, they have some Fox channels but only discovery, nicolodean and the usual news crap, by doing this they hope you will buy the inchouse movies which are currently $15.95 each. And for the people who stay here a lot of low lifes in there 20's who drink all night and yell out off the balconys all night, leering at the locals as they walk past, having parties on there private balconies. The place needs to be knocked down its a disgrace.

Room Tip: Make sure you dont stay next to yobs, but that probably wont help
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear WeekendAwayBri,
I was certainly disappointed to read your review as we honestly believe the Cracking Deal was a great deal, with accommodation and a 2 for 1 offer (buy one get one free breakfast) and complimentary parking. Your review has certainly given us an opportunity to revisit all website top ensure the description is clearer, advising it is an offer of “buy one get one free”.
I would also appreciate you making direct contact with me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au to determine where you parked, as the car park servicing the hotel is directly next to the hotel and part of the Pizza Center and is locked down nightly from approximately 9.00pm to 6.00am.
In relation to your comments re TV’s they are not digital but later in the year we will have full digital feed with ALL free to air channels available. And our existing channels are:
1 Tourist Information 2 ABC 3 SEVEN 4 NINE GOLD COAST
5 TEN 6 TEN GOLD COAST 7 SBS 8 PRIME (SEVEN)
9 NBN (NINE) 10 SKY NEWS 11 CNN 12 FOX SPORTS 1
13 FOX SPORTS 2 14 FOX SPORTS 3 15 FOX SPORTS NEWS
16 FOX 8 17 DISCOVERY 18 MUSIC MAX 19 NIKELODEON
20 W-DRAMA / TALKSHOWS

In addition your correct, we do also have Movies on Demand.

The behavior of our guests is treated seriously as is the comfort of our guests and as such we are staffed 24 hours per day and have security contractors as well. The hotel has a no party policy, limit numbers of non-registered guests in each room and respond to any guest complaints concerning behaviour and noise as soon as it is reported or we identify such .
As mentioned above, I am disappointed that you did not have a pleasant stay and can only hope that you would be willing to stay again to se we truly listen to guest feedback.
Kind regards

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Firstly I would like to talk about some previous reviewers comments;
* The lifts are very very fast, we were talking to one of the staff members and mentioned how impressed we were and they said that they have been in the process of speeding them all up and each one takes about 10 weeks to do. We used 3 of the 4 lifts and they were all speedy, we never had to wait more than 30 seconds for a lift, so obviously that issues has now been fixed.
* The outside structure of the hotel is of an older design, but inside everything looks modern, minimalist, clean and fresh. To those of you saying it looks dated and old I guess your standards are extremely high, because I can not see any issues.
* As for the outdoor furniture having rust spots, this hotel is on the beach, sea air makes rust, its not really a huge issue and if you are looking at the rust spots on the table and not at the amazing view you are nuts!

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights (Saturday and Sunday) and found our stay to be wonderful.
* The staff were fast, efficient and very professional, while still being friendly. The check in process was very quick and easy as was check out.
* The room was clean, well appointed, large, modern, lots and lots of storage space and had a great view!
* The bathroom was also large, the shower was great, I love high pressure water! My only criticism with my whole stay would be that the bathroom really needs an exhaust fan as it gets very steamed up in there.
* The buffet breakfast was amazing, it had the largest selection of high quality food that I have ever seen in a hotel!
* The location was fantastic! A few minute walk to Cavli Ave, Infinity, mini golf, bungy rides, and really easy to get back on to the Gold Coast Highway if you are driving.

All in all we had an amazing stay and I would recommend this hotel and we can’t wait to come back!

Please send a big thank you to the team for making our stay special :)

Room Tip: we were in a room facing into Surfers, the view was amazing, though some people might find the noise...
1  Thank Kylie B

Dear Kylie B,
Please accept my sincere thanks (mahalo) for your detailed review and favourable comments which shows we are the right track. I will also pass on your comments to our lift contractor who will also be pleased as they progress the upgrade to all guest lifts.
While I appreciate your comments about the rust spots and proximity to the sea, some 100 meters, these balcony tables are being replaced within the next 10 days, as I agree with other reviews it takes away from the hotel. Beds next for replacement and then we hope to do room repaint.
The most pleasing part of your comments is about the efficient and professional staff and I will ensure your comments are relayed to all departments.
I certainly hope we welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 May 2012

My partner and I stayed one night in a king room on the 22nd floor and had great views of the beach. The studio room was comfortable and clean and had everything we needed as did the bathroom. The location was fantastic - walking distance (minutes) to the beach, shops, restaurants/cafes, and attractions. Parking at the hotel is also available for a fee.

The staff at reception were friendly and efficient and we did not have any issues with check in or check out. One minor detail was that one of our two room keycards did not work but it did not pose a problem for us.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay immensely and would definitely return again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Dear applemintfrappe,

I sincerely appreciate your feedback concerning your recent stay, especially your comments about our friendly staff and also the cleanliness of the hotel.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to our teams and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards and thanks.

Reviewed 18 May 2012

I stayed here and was horrified at the poor quality old and dated rooms, the poor service and the poor standard in general.

The hotel is very old, the rooms are dated, you cant even get standard free to air TV stations, the beds are poor to average, the bathrooms are not clean.

The cheap skates wanted to charge you $4 to deliver a bucket of ice to your room. I have never experienced that in over 200 different hotels and resorts I have stayed in. How sad when they have to get the scummy to charge to give you ice which is sitting there in the ice machines anyway. So as far as service there isnt any. The staff couldnt care less as you stood and waited and should look for work where they dont have to deal with customers as they dont have any customer service skills.

The property is handy to many things which is about the only good thing I could say about it,
Value for money!!!! Very expensive for the little you got and the poor quality and lack of service, you can do FAR BETTER in many other hotels and resorts here in Surfers and they simply leave this place for dead.

Simply I would never return it is no where near worth it. out of ten I would give it a 2.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, There are so many properties for cheaper and some a little more, but you would be...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear travel_queensland,

It was disappointing to read your feedback, especially concerning the poor service and standards and would appreciate direct contact with you to investigate your comments further. If time permits, please email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I can obtain specific information to allow us to address.

We have received many positive comments about the service provided by our team, so want to see what wasnt provided. In regards to your comments old and dated, we commenced operation of the hotel on January 10th 2012 and are currently working with the Body Corporate on upgrades to the hotel, which include:
* Lift upgrade to all guest lifts (in progress)
* Major air conditioning upgrade (in progress - completion due mid July)
* Balcony table replacement (due to be completed mid June)
* Mattress & Base replacement (this is currently underway for the units that were not completed in 2011)
* Painting of guest rooms and corridors - quotes being sought.

I sincerely hope you will have the time to respond to then allow me the opportunity of dealing with specific information with our teams to address your concerns as we do with all guests.

While I appreciate you said you wouldn't return I hoipe you do in the future to see we do act on guest feedback for improvement.

Kind regards

Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

We got a great rate through wotif. The hotel is located only a short stroll from the beach. Our rooms had two double beds and the hotel decor is very minimalist and modern. The hotel has a roof top tennis court, gym and pool which are quite nice but the pool is open until 10pm but not very well lit. To be honest I found the hotel to be a bit cold and unwelcoming we were just another number! I wouldn't really recommend this hotel for families as the location is right near pubs & clubs and there were a lot of drunks walking around even in the lobby.

• Stayed: June 2011