“Class and comfort”

Mantra on View Hotel
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 7 August 2012

After a long day and night out it was sooooo good to die ugly. Had a view facing the ferris wheel and at night it was beautiful. You knew you were in for a treat when you stepped into the lobby. World class!! Even the parking attendant and door attendant offered us great smiles which totally set the mood of our night in.

Room Tip: They have a pillow menu. A pillow menu!! Affordable, comfortable and makes the average bogan fee...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear Teisi202,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and I am thrilled you had a great stay. The views of Surfers Paradise whether during the day (beach) or at night (skyline) certainly contribute to the benefits of our location. I will certainly pass on your comments to our front desk and concierge team who will be happy to have this positive feedback. I will also advise the centre manager for the shopping centre (car park owners)

I really hope we have you come back to stay with us again.

Grant

Write a ReviewReviews (3,057)

Reviewed 4 August 2012

I had a weekend away with my girlfriend great place to stay just go out for dinner/breakfast as it is very poor and costs far too much. Apart from the terrible overpriced food I would recommend for a good stay,

• Stayed: August 2012
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Seanwilson85,

I was disappointed to read your review on the breakfast and dinner and would appreciate, if time permits, contacting me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au to let me know about the quality of the meals.

This will then allow me to discuss with the Exec Chef and team the issues and then take action, as the majority of comments over the months since we took over have been very positive. This being said, we need to ensure we do all possible to meet our guests expectations and your feedback will help us work towards and achieve that goal.

I am however happy that your stay was great and you would come back to stay, which gives us the opportunity of showing you that we do act on our guests feedback,

I look forward to your email so I can discuss with the team.

Many thanks

Reviewed 3 August 2012

We recently spent 3 nights at the Outrigger Surfers Paradise during a holiday in Australia and we were very impressed with the quality of accommodation at this hotel which used to be a Holiday Inn. The hotel is beautifully situated in the centre of Surfers Paradise, only a two minute walk to the beach and a five minute walk to Cavill Mall and close to many shops and restaurants. Our room was spacious and well-furnished with a comfortable bed and lots of storage and it faced south looking towards the centre of Surfers Paradise and many of the newly-built towers with their exciting modern architecture. The hotel lobby is contemporary and comfortable and the staff at the reception desk were always friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out were both handled very efficiently. The swimming pool area was pleasant and seemed to have lots of loungers available but during our stay it was really quite cool and not really swimming weather. Although the Outrigger might not be quite as exciting or as glamorous as the newly built Hilton it does offer very comfortable accommodation in a convenient location in the centre of Surfers Paradise and real value for money. The local bus service in the Gold Coast is excellent and it is possible to travel around easily on the buses. We even got a bus from very near the hotel to Coolangatta Airport which cost $15 for the two of us rather than the $50 that taxis would charge- a real saving. We would definitely recommend the Outrigger if you are looking for a comfortable, convenient and reasonably priced hotel in Surfers Paradise.

Room Tip: The south facing rooms probably have more interesting views although the rooms facing north also hav...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear Jamesinmanila,

It was great to read your review on your recent stay and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to post.

Very pleasing that you had such a great time, and your comments on location are "spot on", 1 block from Surfers Iconic beach and only a block from the entertainment and dining precinct.

Whilst we have an older property, the size and comfort you outlined in the rooms is a real plus and our focus with our teams on them being friendly and helpful ,shows we and the teams are focussed on this. While I understand your comments about the new Hilton, our location I believe is superior as it is not right in the middle of the entertainment area, and potential noise issues and having our friendly and helpful staff makes up for the fact we are not a new propoperty. Our proximity to public transport is great and will only get better when the Light Rail commences in late 2013, early 2014.

I am thankful you would "definitely recommend the Outrigger if you are looking for a comfortable, convenient and reasonably priced hotel in Surfers Paradise", as guest feedback does influence others.

I sincerely hope we have you come back and stay with us again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 July 2012

stayed on our honeymoon in Nov 2011.
the hotel offered us complimentary upgrades to superior rooms with breakfast... rooms on the 25th floor.. fantastic view of the beach & the city..rooms had a balcony.. sit & enjoy the view
location is also a plus... walking distance to any bus stop or shopping areas in gold coast..
comfy & bouncy beds... breakfast menu is varied..
very helpful staff... during check-in & check-out..

enjoyed our stay in totality!!

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the higher floors - fantastic view of surfer's paradise
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thundering_Raiden
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Dear Thundering_Raiden,

Many thanks for your review and great to hear you had such a great honeymoon.

Your comments will be relayed to our teams and I hope we get to welcome you back for your 1st anniversay. Please contact me directly if you are coming back to Surfers. Grant.James@outrigger.com.au

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Great sea view, nice spot to sit on the balcony and enjoy a wine. Nice room, comfy beds. Very helpful, friendly staff. Nice hot spa. Central location, Thanks Guys, we would recommend it, we enjoyed our stay :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Shannon B,

Many many thanks for taking the time to complete the review which we use with our teams to both acknowledge good reviews and train and improve, if we have not met our guests expectations. The views are great especially on a nice day sitting on the balcony.

Our team will be thrilled with your comments on how helpful and friendly they are and that their efforts are appreciated.

We hope to have you stay with us again and many thanks for recommending us.

Have a great day

Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed here recently with my partner and a mutual friend. We have stayed here before when it was the Holiday Inn and had a nice stay, though this time, we had a few issues. It took almost 15 minutes to check in to the hotel due to them not being able to find my booking. Four other sets of people checked in while I was still waiting. I am glad that I had my Wotif booking confirmation printed out as proof of my booking. They found it eventually as it had been put under the wrong name in their booking system, and did apologise, but after a 2.5 hour drive I was a little tired and just wanted to be in the room already.

We were pleased to be allocated a room on the 15th floor, with a beautiful view overlooking Surfers Paradise. (Ocean View Twin room). Despite the fact that I had booked a room for 3 people (and paid extra for this), we were only given 2 towels. I called Reception twice to organise another towel and nobody answered, so had to ring Housekeeping instead to ask for another one, which they brought up promptly. The wall in the bathroom was also absolutely filthy, it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks, which put me off a little.

We did not use the pool or any of the other facilities, so I cannot comment on those. The only dealings we had with staff were upon check-in and late at night when we arrived back to our room after hours. They were friendly enough.

We had a good night’s sleep though the beds were a little small compared to what we are used to. We had a decent stay and despite these few issues would stay here again if we got a good deal, as the location is great.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2012

Dear MrsDiIanni,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide the review which will assist us enhance where we have done well and improve where needed. I would really appreciate you emailing me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au the room number you were in so I can inspect with our housekeeping team and not only rectify, but where necessary retrain or highlight issues to the team.

I will also work with our reservations and front desk in identifying the booking issue and if need be liaise with wotif as all our bookings are integrated into the system without manual processing, so really need to ensure we have no issues.

I am thrilled you will return as this allows us to receive further feedback from you that your concerns have been listened to and acted on.

Again, many thanks

Reviewed 23 July 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel in just the right spot close enough to surfers main streets and shopping but not right in the middle of the nightlife. Rooms modern and clean. The lobby was very sterile and the carpark took a bit of navigating but no complaints here.

• Stayed: May 2012
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear iloveholidaysAUS,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay. The location in Surfers is great as you mention, being so close to the entertainment precinct but just a block away so we dont have the noise etc. We are currently in the process of working with the body corporate to add some plants etc and are also working with an interior designer to see what other things we can do to enhance the lobby.

It would be greatly appreciated, if time permits, to get you to write to me at Grant.James@outrigger.com.au regarding the car parking so I can address with centre manager of the Piazza (car park owners).

I look forward to your future stays,