Mantra on View Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$136
US$196
US$151
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$132
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$103
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$204
US$167
  • Pool
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$227
  • Pool
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$145
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$188
US$153
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$110
Hotels.com
3,350 results
All reviewsgreat locationthe gold coastroom servicebuffet breakfastocean viewpool areaper daygreat place to staywould stay againtram stopcavill avenueoutriggerbalconysurfersconciergeconferenceaustralia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I've stayed here a few times and have had no problems. It's close enough to everything, yet far away enough to not have to walk out of the hotel into chaos.
Clean and comfortable and never had an issue with staff, or the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kakkles
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2012

Dear kakkles.

I am thrilled you had a great stay and you are correct the location is brilliant. Just one block from all the entertainment and dining, but as you said not in the chaos.

We hope to have you stay with us again and do all possible to show you changes when you stay.

Kind regards and much mahalo (thanks in Hawaiian)

Reviewed 16 August 2012

I have been travelling around Australia for over a year, and this place had worse service than most hostels I stayed at. My friend and I decided to splurge on a weekend stay at a hotel, and sorrily regretted it. Staff that clearly hate their jobs, bad food, and hard beds. The restaurant looked as though it was run by a bunch of kids, which is fine in an actual hostel. The saving grace is that it had nice views and a good location. If I return to Surfers, I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Serena B
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Have stayed here a few times when it was the Holiday Inn and have to say that I feel the standard has dropped from 4 star to 3 star since Outrigger have taken over. Location is first class, close to absolutely everything; the beach, shops and restaurants. Admittedly I booked on a Wotif special so had a basic room, but found noise levels from adjacent rooms and corridors really disturbing. Room cleanliness was OK, but not fantastic. Air conditioning was also set to too high a temperature and was stifling. Complained, but it wasn't fixed on my 2nd night. Room service menu is very limited. Having said all that, if you don't mind noise (or have kids of your own), then price is right and location perfect.

Room Tip: Rooms on upper levels have less street noise and better views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2012

Dear Cazzy G,

Many thanks for your feedback. My apologies for the noise issues you encountered, and wish you had contacted reception and they would have addressed immediately. Can you please email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I can obtain your room number to determine why the air conditioning was not addressed when you called as we have maintenance staff and also trained concierge staff to address outside normal hours.

I sincerely hope that I hear from you to address, but aslo would hope that you come back to stay to experience true Outrigger hospitality.

Many thanks for taking the time to make us aware.

Kind regards

Grant.

Reviewed 12 August 2012

We used to frequently use this hotel when I was still the Holiday Inn, and wanted to book there again because of its facilities and convenience, but never again.

I struggled to get through to reservations and wanted to book 1 of 2 advertised specials only to be told that I couldnt book either. Eventually, after writing an email they offered me either deal. I took the cracker deal of $135 per night, with buy 1 get one free breakfast and free parking.

Upon check in, the service was poor from get go. I heard reception, them telling the customer infront of me that he had to pay for parking at $10 per day, yet all you have to do is show your hotel key to get in??

After check in we got our keys and were on level 16. We tried to get the AirCon to work but wasnt sure if it was or wasnt. After heading out for dinner and going back to our room, we found that the AC wasnt working. We struggled to get through to reception about the issue but eventually was told that someone would be up to have a look.

A staff member arrived to let us know what we knew already and that the AC was not working. We were told that we would get a room uprade and would be notified accordingly.

Concierge arrived with our new keys and said we would be going to one of their deluxe level, level 19. Upon getting to the room, there was nothing different. The bed were so uncomfortable, we hardly slept. Your could see the bathroom floor was filthy and there were stains around the toilet on the floor, which isnt surprising considering we have previously seen a room being cleaned while walking down the corridor and the cleaner was just using a used towel to wipe the bath down to make it look liked it had been cleaned. A room upgrade is not being moved to a higher level, to a room which is the same or even worse.

The next morning we went for the buffet breakfast, which was absolutely horrible. What did it for me was when my 3yr old said to me that she didnt want her piece of ham, which was meant to be a cooked piece of bacon. Selection was terrible and the quality of food was far below which the Holiday Inn used to provide. We didnt go back the next morning thats for sure.

Overall, it has gone downhill since Outrigger has taken over. Right from the service, to room presentation and food, and will probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayne_Botha
freedom1james, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Dear Wayne_Botha,

I am extremely disappointed to read your review, as this is neither the normal Outrigger standard nor one I would expect our team would accept. I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity of gaining additional information on your stay in regards to room and breakfast and would appreciate contact either via email Grant.James@outrigger.com.au or my direct number 07 55040623. I do have our Front Office Manager reviewing our shift logs as well to identify your room

I appreciate your comment about the car parking, but while you show you key to get in, on departure the car park (an independant business) will charge a guest. For the deal you booked, we arrange with the car park.

I will be discussing with our chefs the breakfast buffet, as the majority of feedback we gain is how the fresh produce and variety is great. Even our chefs that transitioned across from Holiday Inn have commented on the changes and how positive they are. In saying this, feedback is critical to our operation and meeting and exceeding our guest expectation and why it is so important to me that I receive additional information from you.

I look forward to receiving the additional information so I can take action and hopefully welcome you back in the future to see we do take notice and act.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2012

We called on the day of arrival and were told that the room was ready for check-in. We got there right about noon and checked in early at no added cost. Always a bonus.

The Outrigger is superbly located. It is a short walk from the beach and main shopping district. The rooms are generally clean and well-maintained - obviously a must-have for any traveller which was fulfilled superbly by the hotel. For us, the breakfast was alright. Could be cheaper, but we're not particular otherwise. As long as our tummies are filled, we're happy people.

The major disappointment was that we booked a room with an Ocean View, but depending on what your definition of an ocean view is, we felt a little let down. Any view of the ocean was obstructed either by neighbouring units or buildings. The lifts were also a major pain, especially if you're taking them during "peak" hours (i.e. meals). Be prepared to miss one.. or a few.

Didn't have any issues with the staff. They were great and we checked in and out without any hassle. Great for a weekend getaway. Pretty sure there won't be major issues for longer stays.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Khengwai,

Many thanks for taking the time to post the review and provide us comments which will support our focus and also help us improve. I am thrilled we were able to provide the early check in, which we will do where humanly possible. Some days just not possible with guest departures and having to service a large number of rooms.

Apologies for the issue with views, but when booking to stay again, please email me Grant.James@outrigger.com.au and we will do all possible to put you on the northern side of the building - not as many buildings. Our lifts are currenttly undergoing major renovations, with two completed already, one currently out of service for another 6 - 7 weeks (each lift takes 10 weeks) and by end of year all will be completed. I know our concierge and houskeeeping team on Sunday also assisted guests to the lobby via our service lifts.

I will relay your comments to our team as they will be proud to know they are appreciated.

I certainly look forward to your future stays.

Many thanks