On the spur of the moment, my husband and I secured a package deal for this property which included an overnight stay in a guaranteed oceanview room, buffet dinner for two, undercover secure parking and chocolates on arrival. To be honest we were a little dubious about staying in central Surfers Paradise as the area isn't generally what it once was (when all the roadworks are complete & more of the updated stores and arcades are relet, I believe Surfers can again be a place to be proud to visit in the foreseeable future) ...but we were definitely pleasantly surprised & pleased with our choice.
Initial impressions do count, and the foyer of this hotel is quite classy & spacious. Check-in was quick and friendly and the staff even ensured our restaurant booking was confirmed for that night.
The room itself was not overly large but was decorated in a modern, tasteful way with a king size bed. Everything you would expect to be in a quality room was there...well maintained housekeeping, good standard of linen, ample bathroom toiletries, bar fridge, coffee making facilities....but the nicest feature was probably the view. The room was on the 14th floor, and from the small balcony, it had a clear view of both the beach and the Surfer's strip which was quite spectacular at night.
The hotel is perfectly situated for a walk through Surfers to one of the many eateries or to the beach & new ocean promenade which is less than a block away.
The onsite restaurant Deja View serves both buffet & a la carte meals. We had the seafood buffet included in our package and thoroughly enjoyed our meal...it was a Saturday night so it was reasonably busy and the staff did have a little trouble keeping up with refreshing the food choices and delivering drink orders promptly. Overall though the standard was pretty high especially the quality of the seafood itself.
The only small negative in regards to this property, would probably have to be in relation to the lifts...there often as a long line-up to use them (it did seem that all four lifts may not have been operational during our stay, so this may not always be an issue), Plus, the directions from leaving the carpark to locating the reception area, where the hotel lifts were situated, was a little unclear...three couples in our lift had the same trouble finding the correct floor for reception!
Overall, we were impressed with this property and the value of the deal they offered, would certainly recommend it to friends and hope to perhaps return ourselves in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in View Avenue, just up from the Esplanade, Mantra on View Hotel is a great choice in Surfers Paradise accommodation for pleasure seekers, corporate travellers, and events such as wedding and banquets. The modern and stylish decor gives a feeling of spaciousness throughout and you can choose from a variety of accommodation styles from the City View Twin Suite right through to the Ocean View Spa suite. All have private balconies, wonderful Gold Coast views, high speed internet, cable TV and super-comfy beds. Outside your suite you'll find great amenities like the resort-style pool and children's pool. The fully equipped gymnasium, tennis courts and an excellent restaurant on site - NOSH Pan Asian offers a daily buffet breakfast with traditional favourites including cereals, pastries, tropical fresh fruits and hot meals prepared in our open kitchen, it's the a la carte lunch and dinner menu where NOSH Pan Asian gets decidedly exotic. Featuring authentically prepared specialties from a variety of regions across Asia, it's a serious spread of diverse offerings. There are a great many exciting things to do on the Gold Coast and you are very close to a great choice of these. There's excellent shopping to be had, theme parks, long stretches of sandy Gold Coast beaches and an excellent variety of restaurants and bars. If you really feel like spoiling yourself visit the Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon where pampering is the order of the day with a range of soothing massages and treatments. Mantra on View Hotel is a very popular choice for business with nine conference rooms in all, catering for small meetings through to large banquets or perhaps a seminar for up to 600 delegates. Planning a Gold Coast wedding? Mantra on View Hotel is one of the best wedding venues on the Gold Coast. The wedding team can help you choose from one of the beautiful celebration venues and for the ceremony itself there is also a number of romantic choices from beach to poolside. Preparing for your big day is also no hassle at Mantra on View Hotel, with the Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon there to take care of everything. Maintenance notice: The Mantra on View pool will undergo a refurbishment and repairs from 5 June until 21 June 2017 and then a further 2 weeks of decking work. The pool will be closed during this time. Works will happen Monday to Friday approximately 7am to 3pm. Mantra on View exterior building painting will begin June 5 2017 until the end of October 2017, depending on weather. Works include new repaint to the exterior from level 22 down to Porte Chochere including a refurbishment of balcony railings. Works will happen Monday to Friday approximately 7am to 3pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra on View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Holiday Inn
- Mantra On View Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia