Stayed at the Outrigger for 7 nights on a package deal which was great value. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient with check in. The rooms were above average. The bed was comfy and it was clean.
The pool area could be revamped and be given a more 'tropical' or beach feel. By adding some day beds and more shade it would improve it. The shade sails seemed to be almost at their use by date or not there at all. Why not create some kabana type areas using the existing structures with day beds and the like? It just seemed very old looking.
I noticed there were some bure type structures (on the tennis court side of the pool) which would be great to convert into massage huts. Add some cheese cloth around the sides for privacy, overhead fan, comfy massage bed and a good therapist and you've got a great area for outdoor massages. Which leads me to the day spa....I felt the day spa prices were way over the top. I understand it's a spa but upwards of $120 for a 50min facial or massage was ludicrous. 2 min walk down surfers paradise boulevard I got an excellent massage for $55 (before health rebate) by an accredited massage therapist in a great ambience. There is no need for prices to be this high at a day spa. Even high end spas in Brisbane and Fiji don't charge these rates??? $1/30 seconds is, quite frankly, a rip off.
The selection of food at breakky time was great, however, it was disappointing you had to pay an extra $5 for an omelette. The breakky chef on the weekend seemed to be totally flat out. He is to be commended though for his excellent service even when the pressure was on. I think he had about 8 separate orders for poached eggs within a 15 min time frame as well as keeping on top of the rest of the hot food.
I have done a lot of travelling all over the world and I believe the one thing a guest remembers above everything else is the service/friendliness of the staff. After all it's the staff that makes any workplace. The Outrigger has excellent staff who are willing to go out of their way to assist. I would definitely recommend and once a few minor cosmetic changes occur it will be up there with the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on View Hotel is a great choice in Surfers Paradise accommodation you can choose from the City View Twin Suite right through to the Ocean View Spa suite. All have private balconies, wonderful views, high speed internet, cable TV and super-comfy beds. Fantastic amenities like the resort-style pool and children's pool, fully equipped gymnasium, tennis courts Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon, conference rooms and an on site Restaurant - NOSH Pan Asian, which offers a daily buffet breakfast with traditional favourites and hot meals prepared in our open kitchen, it's the a la carte lunch and dinner menu where NOSH Pan Asian gets decidedly exotic. Mantra on View Hotel is also one of the best wedding venues on the Gold Coast. There's excellent shopping to be had, theme parks, long stretches of sandy Gold Coast beaches and an excellent variety of restaurants and bars. whatever the reason for your stay, you will have an memorable time at Mantra on View Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Splitty, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mantra on View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Holiday Inn
- Mantra On View Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia