“Excellent !!!”

Mantra on View Hotel
Ranked #12 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
“Excellent !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2012 via mobile

Really nice hotel clean and looks new. Price really raisonable, up during Chrismas day time. Service really good and nice team.

Tres Bon hotel. Personel tres serviable. Excellent rapport qualité prix. Tres propre.

• Stayed December 2012
ASPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
Dear LiliAurelieD

Many thanks for your review and great comments. We certainly hope you stay with us again.

Kind regards,

Regional General Manager Australia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Our room was clean and the bed comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. A very special thanks to Joyce. A huge advantage for this hotel is the location. It's just a short stroll away from the beautiful beach. The Internet didn't work in our room, even though it was supposed to. That was very annoying. We felt a little bit like behind the moon. It shouldn't be a problem to offer a well-functioning internet connection in 21st century. The tennis and pool area looked a bit outdated. The breakfast buffet was disappointing. Can you imagine, that there are not only guests from Asia and Australia? There are people who don't like in gravy drowned beans and sausage, rice, sushi, soup or potatoes for breakfast. No big alternative and for an omelette we should pay additional 5 $! A short announcement, shortly before 10 o'clock that the buffet will be closed in a few minutes, would have been fine. Instead a scowling young woman started throwing! the cutlery into a box, even though a few guests were still around the buffet, without saying a word. We felt like beeing in the way. This could have been done less noisy and more polite. Fortunately there were more alternatives close by.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Witili
ASPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this review, 24 December 2012
Dear Witili

I will certainly pass on your comments about Joyce personally and also relay to our teams your comments on their being friendly and helpful.

My apologies re the internet and this will be addressed with our supplier who at present is installing Wi-Fi to all guests rooms which should be finished by mid January.

If time permits, could you please email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au with more details of your room number and dates of stay so I can address the breakfast team members attitude. This is not the norm and will be addressed as will the other comments re breakfast with the chefs.

Please accept my thanks for the feedback and I look forward to your reply email.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

Spacious and comfortable bed, free parking, great location at surfers paradise...overall value for $$$. However, service needs more polishing. When I first arrived, no porter to help with the luggage. received my key card, it didn't work and could not enter the room. Used the Guest phone on the 10th floor to let them know about the situation, only to be asked to go back down to revalidate the key card. No initiative to send a new key card up and asked the guest with 2 luggages to go back down to the lobby again - what a shame.

Dear Ronrush,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback and be assured I will address with the Front Office Manager (Roman) re porter assistance.

I will address the lack of bring the keys up when they can validate when they come to the floor. In late February/early March we will be installing a brand new lock system (proximity) to all guest rooms.

I hope we will have you visit us again to reassess our service level.

Kind regards and again many thanks for providing valuable feedback.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Stayed at the Outrigger for 7 nights on a package deal which was great value. The front desk staff were very friendly and efficient with check in. The rooms were above average. The bed was comfy and it was clean.

The pool area could be revamped and be given a more 'tropical' or beach feel. By adding some day beds and more shade it would improve it. The shade sails seemed to be almost at their use by date or not there at all. Why not create some kabana type areas using the existing structures with day beds and the like? It just seemed very old looking.

I noticed there were some bure type structures (on the tennis court side of the pool) which would be great to convert into massage huts. Add some cheese cloth around the sides for privacy, overhead fan, comfy massage bed and a good therapist and you've got a great area for outdoor massages. Which leads me to the day spa....I felt the day spa prices were way over the top. I understand it's a spa but upwards of $120 for a 50min facial or massage was ludicrous. 2 min walk down surfers paradise boulevard I got an excellent massage for $55 (before health rebate) by an accredited massage therapist in a great ambience. There is no need for prices to be this high at a day spa. Even high end spas in Brisbane and Fiji don't charge these rates??? $1/30 seconds is, quite frankly, a rip off.

The selection of food at breakky time was great, however, it was disappointing you had to pay an extra $5 for an omelette. The breakky chef on the weekend seemed to be totally flat out. He is to be commended though for his excellent service even when the pressure was on. I think he had about 8 separate orders for poached eggs within a 15 min time frame as well as keeping on top of the rest of the hot food.

I have done a lot of travelling all over the world and I believe the one thing a guest remembers above everything else is the service/friendliness of the staff. After all it's the staff that makes any workplace. The Outrigger has excellent staff who are willing to go out of their way to assist. I would definitely recommend and once a few minor cosmetic changes occur it will be up there with the best.

1 Thank Ohzgrl
Dear Ohzgrl,

Firstly, very clever name tag. Secondly many thanks for providing such a detailed review. We are working with the body corporate on replacing the pool sun lounges and shade sails in the first quarter of 2013 and hopefully by mid-year an upgrade to the pool tiles.

The bure type structures are actually owned by the day spa and they are currently undertaking works to provide massages over the summer months. I will provide a copy of your feedback to the owners of the day spa so they also are aware of guest comments.

Our chefs do all possible to meet the needs of the guests and I will personally meet with all breakfast chefs to pass on your comment as I will also relay to all managers and supervisors your comments on the excellent staff. We are not a new property and it will be our guest service that sets us apart.

We look forward to your future visits to see that your comments have been listened to.

Mooloolaba, Queensland, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

We arrived at Ourigger last week and stayed only for one night. Nice big hotel with ocean view rooms. The room was neat and cozy, and the beds were very comfortable.

However, upon arrival we asked for the breakfast fee, since that wsa not included. The receptionist gave us a discount card and told us that this price is charged per room, not per person. I remember I asked her twice about this, since i thought it was a bit odd.
And as it turned out, the breakfast is charged per person and we had to pay double the price we were told. Even though this is not a huge amount of money, and the receptionist did a mistake, I still got the feeling of being ripped off, and left the hotel quite irritated.

The right thing to in my opinion would have been to apologise for the mistake and charged us for the amount we got told in the first place.

Also, parking is not free, which is a minus.

Kristine

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristine_ys
Dear Kristine_ys

My apologies that our guest service agent did not provide you with the correct information. In an effort to ensure this does not happen again, could you please email me at Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I can gain some additional information to personally address.

I look forward to your email so I can address and be assured your comments are appreciated and will be acted on.

Many thanks for taking the time to post the review and hopefully additional information to me.

Gold coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed at the Outrigger Hotel in Surfers Paradise for a night. The room was very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The view from our room was spectacular - looking over the surf beaches.
Great place to stay and was a great price for the room we had.
Beds were comfortable and really couldn't fault the hotel for anything.
Love the fast check out option and the free parking under the hotel.
Definately would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kirsty F
Dear KirstyF

I am extremely pleased that you had a great stay with us we will continue to do all possible to make guests stay enjoyable. The location just one block from Surfers Paradise beach and Cavill Mall and the entertainment precinct makes us an ideal hotel for singles, couples and families.

In early 2013 we will complete the full bed replacement program as well as having Wi-Fi in all guest rooms.

We look forward to your next stay and many thanks for taking the time to post the review

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2012 via mobile

I think this must be the third time I have stayed here in various guises. It used to be a pretty average hotel but a refurb has made the rooms much better. I stayed on a package with free wine, free brekkie and a late check out. All of these were nice touches. It was a good place to stay. Would have been nice if parking were included. The facilities are good too. Staff were really friendly. The breakfast buffet was above average-although why can no one cook a decent scrambled egg?

My biggest gripe would be more about location. This end of Surfers is looking a bit down at heel. Lots of empty shop units. A bit grubby.

Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Dear Robkielty,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay and be assured this will be passed on to our team, especially your comments about how friendly they are. I will also ensure our Exec Chef and team are aware of your comments re scrambled eggs as he and the team are focused on producing great quality from fresh local produce.

I appreciate your comments about the empty shops and we also wish the owners of this area would do all to improve the look and feel.

As the car parking is operated by the shopping center we have little control.

Again sincere thanks for your comments and we certainly look forward to your future stays with us.