This review begins rough but besides our first few hours everything was great!!
We arrived at the hotel after being awake for over 24hours and with me being ill on the plane. We arrived to find that our reservation was not on their system. I booked via email through the main outrigger website (that lists all the outrigger resorts) and double checked with the main responders that my booking was confirmed - i was even given a confirmation number - so you could imagine my shock when we arrive tired and exhausted to find they had no knowledge of our booking. The front office manager (Ramon i think?) was very apologetic and went above and beyond to find what was going on. After many phone calls - where the same response was no one had any record of it (except me who bought copies of the email with me) - we left to go get a bite to eat in the hope that our booking would be found. 90minutes later we received a call to be informed that we could finally check in. Ramon (?) was very apologetic and didnt know what happened - he offered us free breakfast and parking and he personally delivered our bags to our room - we could finally relax.
Besides that hiccup everything about this hotel was great. It was clean, quiet and the staff were friendly and always willing to help. From the cleaning lady giving us extra shampoo/conditioner when needed -- to Yuki - the coffee expert - who made fresh coffee for us each morning with a smile on her face and friendly conversation -- to Damien - who made our checkout quick and easy and was very friendly and great to chat too.
The pool was closed over two days as some guests decided to throw glass in the pool - not cool on their behalf but this is hardly the fault of the staff - better a closed pool than cut up feet and with the beach on your doorstep you can't really complain!! And to those who complain about the "flight" of stairs you need to carry your luggage up to from the carpark - it is only 5steps - barely a hassle - plus you can always drop it at the front door then drive around to park!!
Overall we really enjoyed our stay - it was close to everything and the staff (including the breakfast staff) were super friendly and nothing was to much for them.
Again a special shout out to Ramon (?), Yuki and Damien and when we come back to Surfers we will happily return to your hotel!
PS. the aircon was perfect too!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on View Hotel is a great choice in Surfers Paradise accommodation you can choose from the City View Twin Suite right through to the Ocean View Spa suite. All have private balconies, wonderful views, high speed internet, cable TV and super-comfy beds. Fantastic amenities like the resort-style pool and children's pool, fully equipped gymnasium, tennis courts Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon, conference rooms and an on site Restaurant - NOSH Pan Asian, which offers a daily buffet breakfast with traditional favourites and hot meals prepared in our open kitchen, it's the a la carte lunch and dinner menu where NOSH Pan Asian gets decidedly exotic. Mantra on View Hotel is also one of the best wedding venues on the Gold Coast. There's excellent shopping to be had, theme parks, long stretches of sandy Gold Coast beaches and an excellent variety of restaurants and bars. whatever the reason for your stay, you will have an memorable time at Mantra on View Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelbag, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Mantra on View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Holiday Inn
- Mantra On View Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia