I decided to make a late booking at the Outrigger, and booked a room via Agoda.
When i got to check in, it seemed as though no one was interested in actually making contact with me, so i stood at the desk for about 10 mins till finally someone asked if they could help me.
After finaly been able to check in - i was allocated a room, but to my disappointment - upon entering the room, what hit me first was musty damp smell. So i turned on the lights to my room, took off my shoes - and proceeded to walk o the beds. To my dismay - the carpet was absolutely sopping wet. It seemed that not one of the cleaners from the previous guests had noticed that the carpet around the bathroom was wet - and so i got allocated the room.
After going back down to check in - and trying to explain the situation, i was given a new room - but no apologise or anything for the screw up.
My New room was much better (well, in the fact it had dry carpet) - but the TV wouldn't work - and after ringing reception and them saying they will send someone up, it took them roughly an hour before they called back to tell me i had to switch the settings on the tv to get normal TV channels.
Anyways - after the above, i was finally able to relax and enjoy the room.
The veranda overlooked the north of Surfers paradise (absolutely amazing at night), and also a slight view to the beach!
Unfortunately, i wasn't able to sleep in in the morning - due to loud road works happening on the gold coast h/way due to the light rail works, and also some crane working in the carpark directly across the road from the hotel. This has nothing to do with the hotel - but just a warning for those that are coming to stay that wish to get a good sleep in.
All in all, a decent hotel - but something needs to be done with the room cleaning, and also the manner in which customers are treated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra on View Hotel is a great choice in Surfers Paradise accommodation you can choose from the City View Twin Suite right through to the Ocean View Spa suite. All have private balconies, wonderful views, high speed internet, cable TV and super-comfy beds. Fantastic amenities like the resort-style pool and children's pool, fully equipped gymnasium, tennis courts Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon, conference rooms and an on site Restaurant - NOSH Pan Asian, which offers a daily buffet breakfast with traditional favourites and hot meals prepared in our open kitchen, it's the a la carte lunch and dinner menu where NOSH Pan Asian gets decidedly exotic. Mantra on View Hotel is also one of the best wedding venues on the Gold Coast. There's excellent shopping to be had, theme parks, long stretches of sandy Gold Coast beaches and an excellent variety of restaurants and bars. whatever the reason for your stay, you will have an memorable time at Mantra on View Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Holiday Inn
- Mantra On View Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia