“very good place to stay”

Mantra on View Hotel
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 17 April 2013

we stayed 2 nights on 20th floor view was amazing bed was so comfy bathroom average but over all very good stay would stay again without a doubt.Hotel is very close to everything you need.Only thing I didn't like was carpark the level my car was on had no lights on at night and there was rubbish all over carpark hotel is very quiet and a/c is nice and cold

Room Tip: get a king ocean view its unreal.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel m
OutriggerSPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2013

Dear DanielM,

Many thanks for your feedback and great the bed was so comfortable. We will finalise our bed replacement program over the coming 3 months. I will address the carpark issues with the owners (shopping centre) although I do know on the weekend of 13- 15th they had a power outage in the car park.

Our location is a real plus, one block from the beach and the entertainment centre of Surfers.

We look forward to your future stays and doing all possible to make them enjoyable.

Kind regards and thanks

There are newer reviews for Mantra on View Hotel

Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed for only one night on business. Front staff were attentive and helpful. I did stay at the hotel a number of years ago, and it has been done up since then. I was on the 19th floor looking north. The only criticism (very minor) was there was a leak that was fixed in the shower ceiling that was not finished and painted properly. This was the only fault and I would not stop me recommending staying at the hotel. Great room, value and service. Car parking is $8 for the night. Bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2013
OutriggerSPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Barneyridge,

It is always great to receive feedback as this is used with our teams to recognise good performance or standards or to improve or rectify issues. We are currently working on a number of projects to ensure the hotel is maintained to the highest standard and improve the guest experience.

Some of the projects are commencement of corridor painting, completed slection of colour scheme for guest rooms, just completed replacement of all guest room door locks and lifts to provide enhanced security. Wi-Fi installtion to all guest rooms, lobby, restaurant and conference areas.

I will have the maintenance team check the ceiling in the shower area.and rectify.

Many thanks for taking the time to provide the revgiew and we look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

My sister came to visit from America and we heard about the Outrigger from a friend.
We stayed on the 20th floor and the views were breathtaking. The staff made us feel so special,
especially my sister! They made our stay so enjoyable and gave us a discount on their buffet breakfast. The buffet breakfast was the best we've had and I was sad to leave this beautiful hotel.
It's close to everything, and the locality was so wonderful. The room was cleaner than I have ever seen in a hotel. I hope everyone stays here, as it's the most beautiful hotel inside and out!
I will be going back every time I visit the coast. I have only great things to say about the staff...friendly and helpful far beyond what was expected. a 10 out of 10!!!!!

Room Tip: My suggestion would be stay on the highest floor possible...the views are magnificent!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
OutriggerSPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

Dear DebjBrisbane,

It is always a pleasure to read positive comments, but more so when they have such a positive impcat on our guests and in your case spending time with your sister. I am thrilled our staff were not only friendly, but made you feel special. Be assured I will be passing on your comments to our teams.

Our Exec Chef (Ollie) and his team will also be thrilled. Location of the hotel is one of, if not the best in Surfers Paradise.

We really look forward to your future stays with us.

Kind regards and many thanks for such a great review.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Excellent views from the room over looking the city and the beach. Great service and very friendly. Parking is cheap only $8 for the stay and really convenient because you can walk to everything from the hotel. Perfect place to stay for activities based in surfers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Becca A
OutriggerSPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Dera BeccaA.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay and great to see you had a great time. The location of the hotel is certainly a benefit, only one block from the beach and central Surfers, but each review I read that references the staff being friendly makes me even prouder as I know how committed they are to doing all possible to make a guests stay the best possible.

The views from the majority of the balconies provide both the ocean and Surfers Paradise views, whether looking back into Surfers or North and over the Slingshot (high octane ride).

We look forward to your future stays with us and again thanks for your review which is much appreciated.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Fantastic buffet breakfast, and really convenient location. Parking provided to guests for a charge of $8 per night. Lighting in our room was pretty poor - especially arriving at night i was very difficult to find light switches etc on the other side of the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear EllaYaldwyn,

Many thanks for posting your review which is much appreciated. One of the projects we are just "gearing up" for is the upgrade of lighting in the bathrooms and bedrooms to LED lighting that will see enahnced (brighter) lighting in the bathroom and bed side lamps improved for reading etc in the main room. This will take a few months but will see a significant improvement.

Our Exec Chef (Olivier) and team will be thrilled to read your feedback as they are focussed on providing fresh local produce in their buffets, ala carte and conference meals.

We look forward to your return visits and also seeing the lighting upgrade.

Kind regards and many thanks

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed here for one night in late 2012 and it was a great hotel. Nice, friendly staff and clean hotel room with two queen beds. Modern bathroom and bed linen was fresh and clean. We took our son with us and he had a great time. We ordered room service which was also good. Nice separate couch/coffee table area to sit at and eat dinner. Also easy to access after hours which was a bonus for me. Undercover parking available too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

Dera DirtyRedFox,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review on you stay last year. I will ensure all our teams are aware of your comments on the friendly staff as I know they are committed to doiung all possible to make our guest stays enjoyable.

I certainly hope we have you come back to stay with us again.

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I decided to make a late booking at the Outrigger, and booked a room via Agoda.
When i got to check in, it seemed as though no one was interested in actually making contact with me, so i stood at the desk for about 10 mins till finally someone asked if they could help me.
After finaly been able to check in - i was allocated a room, but to my disappointment - upon entering the room, what hit me first was musty damp smell. So i turned on the lights to my room, took off my shoes - and proceeded to walk o the beds. To my dismay - the carpet was absolutely sopping wet. It seemed that not one of the cleaners from the previous guests had noticed that the carpet around the bathroom was wet - and so i got allocated the room.
After going back down to check in - and trying to explain the situation, i was given a new room - but no apologise or anything for the screw up.
My New room was much better (well, in the fact it had dry carpet) - but the TV wouldn't work - and after ringing reception and them saying they will send someone up, it took them roughly an hour before they called back to tell me i had to switch the settings on the tv to get normal TV channels.

Anyways - after the above, i was finally able to relax and enjoy the room.
The veranda overlooked the north of Surfers paradise (absolutely amazing at night), and also a slight view to the beach!

Unfortunately, i wasn't able to sleep in in the morning - due to loud road works happening on the gold coast h/way due to the light rail works, and also some crane working in the carpark directly across the road from the hotel. This has nothing to do with the hotel - but just a warning for those that are coming to stay that wish to get a good sleep in.

All in all, a decent hotel - but something needs to be done with the room cleaning, and also the manner in which customers are treated.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
OutriggerSPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Psyvolt,

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of customer service you received on check in and with the issues you faced. This is unacceptable and will be addressed with the front desk managment team and our guest service agents.

I would appreciate you emailing me at Grant.James@outrigger.com.au with your dates of stay and guest name so I can personally follow this matter through.

I also appreciate your comments re the light rail and hopfully impacts on the hotel will be concluded by end of April.

Again my apologies and I sincerely hope you will come back and stay with us again to see the service issues you experienced are not the normal standard at Outrigger.

Kind regards