“fantastic value for money”

Mantra on View Hotel
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 17 September 2013

What a surprise!!! had a magic stay enjoyed the clean room and a skyline view from the bathtub, a little bit more space then the standard gold coast hotels, and the view was one of the best, Ocean, city, and Mt Warning.... the price was fantastic and even able to get a bottle of wine at 2am in the morning well done . Our stay was that good we went back the follow week.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
ASPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear saaschaK,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay and I am thrilled you had such a great stay. I will relay your feedback to our teams.

It is also pleasing that you enjoyed it so much you came back the next week and we look forward to your future visits,

Many thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the Gold Coast for a week and outrigger was perfectly located. Walking distance to downtown surfers, 30 second walk to the ocean. Great view of the ocean from our city view room. Room was clean and modern. Staff were very friendly. No complaints at all. Highly recommended. Also price was cheap but the hotel was far from being cheap looking. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Mike P
ASPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear MikeP,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay and I appreciate the comments about our team. The team is committed to providing friendly and helpful service.

Our reviews are provided to the teams via their department management and I know the Executive Housekeeper will be very pleased to relay to his team. Housekeeping and maintenance are working through rooms at present to review all facets of the rooms and cleanliness is certainly one of the highest priorities.

We enjoy one of the best locations in Surfers Paradise, just one block from the beach and the center of Surfers Paradise and once the light rail is completed our guests will be able to utlise the service to both Pacific Fair and Broadbeach or North to Australia Fair, Broadwater Park and to the new Gold Coast hospital and Griffith university.

We look forward to your future stays with us and see the other changes to the hotel - tennis court resurfacing, new fence and lighting by September 14th and the new pool pergola covers and also the corridor and room painting.

Again, sincere thanks.

Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

I booked 2 rooms that are joining to go with family, 4adults 3kids. We got rooms on the 12th floor with decent ocean views. Room size not bad, carpet wasn't so clean, neither was the bathroom. Bed was the worst ever, I'm pregnant and I woke up with sciatica and I know it wasn't only me as the rest of us complained about the same issue. It's sad that after a long day for us and we arrived at 11pm, we opened to fridge to see it empty, NO water... I called housekeeping and I was told that unfortunate cause Outrigger was "only a 4star" hotel they did not provide water. So BYO!!! Not good for me as I have traveled many places and its the Norm to have water. Toilet paper a real cheap tacky quality and grout and paint is not the best. Service from staff I must say are very good and friendly we didn't have a prob with them. Location is great. Close to all shopping streets and good resturant and the beach of course. Personally I wouldn't stay here again simply for comfort reasons and lack of toiletry.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank susuAccra
ASPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Dear susuAccra,

My sincerest apologies re the bed issue and if time permits, could you please email me on Grant.james@outrigger.com.au so I am able to obtain room number details to be able to investigate ad address. We have completed 85% of all rooms with new mattresses and bases and as such I want to check these rooms.

We are currently painting guest corridors, guest rooms and have nearly completed room lighting upgrade. We are also working through regrouting bathrooms and vanity basin refits.

I sincerely appreciate your comments on our staff and we look forward to your future stays so you can see the progress in upgrading the property.

Please email me so I can address the bed issues.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I haven't stayed here since it was a holiday inn. My wife and I made a last minute decision to spend the night away and found a very good price for this hotel. Room was nice and clean, bed was very comfortable. All rooms have a balcony which is a very nice addition and very good views out over the ocean.

Service was average, We were a bit underwhelmed by the checkin and some of the promises they make never eventuated. Whilst you didn't have to pay for the ice you had to pay for delivery !

Parking was convenient and cheep

We had to pay for late check out but this was only $50 and gave us till 1700.

All up , not a bad hotel for the price. Good location and reasonable rooms

Room Tip: Because this room runs perpendicular to the coast all rooms have a ocean view and a good view of the...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
ASPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear JamesH,

Sincerest thanks for your feedback, but could you please email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au to provide details on your comments about "We were a bit underwhelmed by the check in and some of the promises they make never eventuated", so I can address with the respective teams. If we make a "promise" we need to fulfill.

I appreciate your comment about the price, location and condition of rooms and sincerely hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Kind regards and I look forward to your email re the check in

Reviewed 23 August 2013

21Aug13. We paid $135 for one night which we booked directly by calling the hotel. As it was my partner's birthday on the night that we stayed, we were put in room 2109 which was on level 21. From the room we got a lovely view of the ocean/beach and of the adventure park with the sling shot ride? The balcony is small so it felt quite nerving standing on there, my partner loved the views so that was the main thing.
The room was well presented and bathroom appeared to be cleaned but as I have advised them in their survey, the cleaner probably should have just double check their work after cleaning as the bathroom had a small piece of hair on the rim of the bath, otherwise seems to be clean.
Bed and pillows were comfortable and we slept well. Tea and coffee selection was good and plenty of varies tea to chose from which was kept in a lovely box. Cups provided were nice and clean. No mini bar though there was a bottle of sparkling wine in the mini fridge but no price so we didn't touch it.
Location is great, though not on the beach, it is just across the road from it and short distance to restaurants, bars, coffee shops (though surfers itself at the moment is a big mess due to construction on the road)
Overall, we went through so many photos on tripadvisor and was looking at mostly 4 and 5 stars hotels to stay for my partner's birthday and chose this one as some of the other hotels in a higher price range did not appeal to us. Some looked awful with damaged furniture and some that did look clean and not too much neg reviews still didn't seem to be anything special, if not just plain boring so we thought we'd pay less and settled for the Outrigger. We also stayed there when it was the Holiday inn and had a nice stay so thought we'd go back. I would go back if the price is kept reasonable. We travel mostly overseas so I don't want to compare it to hotels overseas but it is better than some of the hotels we've stayed in in Brisbane for the same price range. We usually say you pay for what you get but this is not always the case when it comes to hotels/resort. I would say there is value for your money at this hotel with its location and current price range. I don't know what the official star rating is for this hotel, but for me its a solid 3 stars plus if I had to rate it - having said that most hotels in Surfers even in a higher price range probably would only get the same rating from me so I meant that more so on the compliment side than it being a negative thing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear BlaneandAimee,

Sincere thanks for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay. I really appreciate the detail as this really gives us specifics to address or compliment our teams on.

The location is a real plus for anyone coming to Surfers Paradise as so close to all that people want to do with the beach one block away and then central Surfers for entertainment, bars, clubs and things for the kids as well (Timezone, Strike Bowling, Ripley's etc).

I hope you partner had a great stay and we do look forward to your future stays.

Kind regards and sincere thanks for taking the time to post positive feedback,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Spent a couple of nights here on business trip and was very impressed. Had a room on the 19th floor with an ocean view. The room was nice. Small but adequate for the purpose but most importantly was clean. It's central location made it a breeze to get around. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
ASPGM, General Manager at Mantra on View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Dear PatZ,

Many thanks for your review of your recent stay. The location is a real benefit for our guests whether on business or leisure. One block from the beach and central Surfers Paradise and the entertainment it has to offer.

I will be sure to pass on your comments to the team about the cleanliness of the room as this is one of the critical components of our guests experience.

We look forward to your visits and appreciate your recommendation.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Upon arrival it took awhile to find booking. Room was pretty small and in places quite grimy. Our heater was stuck on and after several calls to get it rectified it never was attended tomso the room was very stuffy. First night we left te sliding door open but couldntsleep due to the npstreet noise from 20 floor below. Food was very average over 2 days of lunches. Concierge was not always at his post so involved lots of waiting......

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear RaeleneS,

My apologies that your stay was not as great as it could and should have been. I would appreciate, if your time allows obtaining some more details on both the airconditioning and lunches so I can address with the respective teams. Could you please email me on Grant.James@outrigger.com.au so I am able to obtain more details.

Be assured your feedback will be discussed today in our operations meeting and further follow up when I communicate further with you.

Again my apologies