If you can get a cheap deal, take it. This hotel does try to be better than it is, but it is definitely a bit rough around the edges in places. I had a hard time trying to figure out if this was once a good hotel that's been partly refurbished in some places. Or if it was an old hotel that has over the years had some improvements. As I said, this hotel does try, but it's still got a fair way to go. Some parts are just a bit rough, and others are ok/acceptable.
The paintwork in the entry to the room, the bathroom and hallways just looked a bit patchy and cheap, and/or not clean. A bit of damage in some areas. Not as clean as could be (especially the grime under the taps in the bath). The beds are average (have seen better and worse). There's a minibar with nothing in it (but there is a price list stuck on the front).
Once you step outside, the pool and tennis court area are in bad need of refurbishment. The pools had leaves floating in them, and many tiles missing. The sun shades were all gone (but the frames remaining), rotting wood. The pool bar was closed. It looked like one of the tennis courts had some work but was covered with sand, not sure why.
The staff members who checked me in and out were polite and did their job to a standard as expected. The lady on check in did warn me there was an event going on in the GC. She warned me there were numerous young sports teams from all over Australia competing, and a lot of them were in this hotel the night we were there, this was obvious. She said if there's any excessive noise to let staff know and they'll do something. We heard a lot of door slamming on our floor, but with my toddler fast asleep from 8pm I was not in a position to change rooms anyway.
There was a false fire alarm earlier on the Thursday night, the hotel had to be evacuated. Waiting in the lobby, after 10 min one of the staff informed me it was a false alarm. Obviously set off by one of the unruly young guests that were everywhere, not always behaving. But the alarm was too loud in the room to go back in, so we went for a walk until it had stopped.
Didn't eat in the restaurant, as were worried the same (somewhat rough) standards applied to the restaurant so we didn't bother.
Location of hotel is close to the beach but you must cross at the lights further down the road as the traffic gets busy. Unless you want to risk it. It's in Surfers and it is a bit cheap and nasty in some areas. Broadbeach down the road is a nicer area, we have stayed there as well and prefer it.
I wouldn't stay here again, there are other nicer places to stay in the GC, like the Vibe hotel or the Meriton, which can both have some good deals comparable to the Outrigger. To the management, please continue refurbishment of this hotel. To TA members, if you're not fussy, this place is 'ok', but nothing fancy, a bit run down but they do try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in View Avenue, just up from the Esplanade, Mantra on View Hotel is a great choice in Surfers Paradise accommodation for pleasure seekers, corporate travellers, and events such as wedding and banquets. The modern and stylish decor gives a feeling of spaciousness throughout and you can choose from a variety of accommodation styles from the City View Twin Suite right through to the Ocean View Spa suite. All have private balconies, wonderful Gold Coast views, high speed internet, cable TV and super-comfy beds. Outside your suite you'll find great amenities like the resort-style pool and children's pool. The fully equipped gymnasium, tennis courts and an excellent restaurant on site - NOSH Pan Asian offers a daily buffet breakfast with traditional favourites including cereals, pastries, tropical fresh fruits and hot meals prepared in our open kitchen, it's the a la carte lunch and dinner menu where NOSH Pan Asian gets decidedly exotic. Featuring authentically prepared specialties from a variety of regions across Asia, it's a serious spread of diverse offerings. There are a great many exciting things to do on the Gold Coast and you are very close to a great choice of these. There's excellent shopping to be had, theme parks, long stretches of sandy Gold Coast beaches and an excellent variety of restaurants and bars. If you really feel like spoiling yourself visit the Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon where pampering is the order of the day with a range of soothing massages and treatments. Mantra on View Hotel is a very popular choice for business with nine conference rooms in all, catering for small meetings through to large banquets or perhaps a seminar for up to 600 delegates. Planning a Gold Coast wedding? Mantra on View Hotel is one of the best wedding venues on the Gold Coast. The wedding team can help you choose from one of the beautiful celebration venues and for the ceremony itself there is also a number of romantic choices from beach to poolside. Preparing for your big day is also no hassle at Mantra on View Hotel, with the Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon there to take care of everything. Maintenance notice: The Mantra on View pool will undergo a refurbishment and repairs from 5 June until 21 June 2017 and then a further 2 weeks of decking work. The pool will be closed during this time. Works will happen Monday to Friday approximately 7am to 3pm. Mantra on View exterior building painting will begin June 5 2017 until the end of October 2017, depending on weather. Works include new repaint to the exterior from level 22 down to Porte Chochere including a refurbishment of balcony railings. Works will happen Monday to Friday approximately 7am to 3pm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra on View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Holiday Inn
- Mantra On View Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia