This is the 3rd time we have stay at the Outrigger - this time we stayed for 4 nights to celebrate my husbands birthday and have some winter sun. The reason why we come back is that the hotel is in a great location, the rooms are always clean, beds comfy and rooms have great views over the ocean.
This time around we were a little disappointed to find out on arrival that the hotel was undergoing major air conditioning change over and that we would have limited fan/heat (no cooling) operating for the entire duration of our stay - I had booked directly with the hotel (in advance) and nothing was said at the time of my booking. We had a few times where there was no air at all (fan/heat or cool) and then a capacitor in our room unit blew up, which put an electrical burning smell through our room. Luckily the air con contractors were on site at the time.
Another disappointment was the lighting in the rooms - I know some people might like 'mood' lighting, but our loungeroom area only had a small floor lamp and even smaller table lamp which made it almost impossible to read or see anything at night. We were given another floor lamp to increase the lightning - slightly - but it was still quiet dull at night. Perhaps the hotel could add some wall lights into their rooms to increase the lighthing for those of us who like it a bit brighter.
On the positive side, the hotel management (Katie) and staff were very accommodating and did attend to our issues quite quickly. We were given free breakfast on one day and late checkout.
Although this hotel is a favourite for us, we may rethink staying at the Outrigger next time we visit Surfers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in View Avenue, just up from the Esplanade, Mantra on View Hotel is a great choice in Surfers Paradise accommodation for pleasure seekers, corporate travellers, and events such as wedding and banquets. The modern and stylish décor gives a feeling of spaciousness throughout and you can choose from a variety of accommodation styles from the City View Twin Suite right through to the Ocean View Spa suite. All have private balconies, wonderful Gold Coast views, high speed internet, cable TV and super-comfy beds. Outside your suite you'll find great amenities like the resort-style pool and children's pool. The fully equipped gymnasium, tennis courts and an excellent restaurant on site - NOSH Pan Asian offers a daily buffet breakfast with traditional favourites including cereals, pastries, tropical fresh fruits and hot meals prepared in our open kitchen, it's the à la carte lunch and dinner menu where NOSH Pan Asian gets decidedly exotic. Featuring authentically prepared specialties from a variety of regions across Asia, it's a serious spread of diverse offerings. There are a great many exciting things to do on the Gold Coast and you are very close to a great choice of these. There's excellent shopping to be had, theme parks, long stretches of sandy Gold Coast beaches and an excellent variety of restaurants and bars. If you really feel like spoiling yourself visit the Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon where pampering is the order of the day with a range of soothing massages and treatments. Mantra on View Hotel is a very popular choice for business with nine conference rooms in all, catering for small meetings through to large banquets or perhaps a seminar for up to 600 delegates. Planning a Gold Coast wedding? Mantra on View Hotel is one of the best wedding venues on the Gold Coast. The wedding team can help you choose from one of the beautiful celebration venues and for the ceremony itself there is also a number of romantic choices from beach to poolside. Preparing for your big day is also no hassle at Mantra on View Hotel, with the Ocean Day Spa and Hair Salon there to take care of everything. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Travelbag, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra on View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Holiday Inn Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Holiday Inn
- Mantra On View Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia