“Good hotel, few niggles ..”

Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Good hotel, few niggles ..”
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Checking in : They said my room would be ready at 2, it wasn't ready till 3... so i was sat in reception for an hour, could of been given another room? The hotel itself was clean, the rooms were spacious and some lovely views from the balconies. They had a fridge, unfortunately it was filled with items they are trying to sell, would be better if they just provided an empty fridge. The locks were terrible for the rooms, i would say out of 10 nights, 8 times i had my key re-set, and one time my lock battery needed replacing. I had some good nights sleep, the beds were massive and the shower was pretty good. Unfortunately, the last event which tipped me to only give it a 3 star, i had a wake up call set for 9am and i didn't receive it.. instead my noisy neighbours woke me up a little later but in time to catch my flight, just. I did mention this to reception who stated someone should have came to the room, but no-one did. The spa was also broke for the duration of my stay.

Room Tip: The pool is freezing!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
VibeHotelGC, Executive Assistant Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
Dear Deathdude12,

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast is delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I do apologise that we missed the mark in a couple of areas. I have addressed these areas with the crew here at the hotel.

On a positive note, I am happy to let you know that our spa is now operational. The new motor arrived from overseas has since been installed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Kind regards,

Vibe Hotel Gold Coast

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seremban
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Amazing staff, among the best we have deal with. Peter and the rest of staff were really excellent and very helpful, they certainly add few stars to the hotel.

Amazing location, next to buss station, bus to airport(702) and theme park(TX2 and TX5) stop at this stop which is just mere few meters from hotel.

Walking distance to beach and centre of surfer paradise. Plenty of food and shopping mall around it, opposite Cavill Mall.

Room was nice and comfortable, for the rate they charge its obliviously a great deal.

Will certainly stay here again on my next trip, and will highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Uganes
MELBOURNE
Reviewed 13 March 2011

The stay was good, but I did not receive my bond back.
The room was left in perfect condition.
It has been over 2 months since my stay and I have still not received my $100 bond from the hotel which was supposed to be refunded on check-out.
I called the hotel about the refund, they said it was the banks job to refund, but the bank has said it is the hotels job to refund it.

I wasn't even aware that I was being charged a bond at check-in, until i noticed it gone from my bank account.

Am now in the process of the bank going to the hotel for my deposit, along with a possible fraudulent case.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank c2345

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 March 2011

I've worked in hotels before so I'll admit I am fussy. But when I read such good reviews on tripadvisor I thought it would be a great place to stay.
Where do I start? Rooms were dirty- food crumbs, finger prints and hair all over the sheets, towels and shower. Nothing was done when we complained. On top of that the reception staff were rude when we told them about it.
Breakfast was fairly ordinary, the only thing appetizing thing was eggs and frozen potato gems.
Next time I am staying across the street at the Chevron Renaissance.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 March 2011

The Vibe is in a great location that is central to all transport and the main Cavill Square! This was the first time to surfers. We entered the hotel room to find that our queen size bed was two single beds pushed together and the sliding door to access the balcony did not close. On the first night of arrival we attempted to order room service bit there was no menu in the room to do so, and when we attempted to try the in house restaurant/cafe it was never open, we approached staff regarding this and they advised that because it is not a peak time it will open late or never! This was disappointing as there were advertisements all over hotel room and elevators. As smokers it was also frustrating to find that there were no ashtrays in the room to use. The bathroom was not what we expected either, the shower was in the bathtub which was small in size and made it hard to maneuver around! In all, the hotel was average, but not worth what we paid!!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Masri01
Edmonton
Reviewed 5 March 2011

The bus (#702) stopped right outside the hotel (so we saved a bunch on transfers.) The hotel is walking distance to Surfers Paradise, and it was really nice. We were on the 16th floor. The room was huge, and we were surprised to have a big patio with views of the ocean and the canal. We spent a lot of time out there. The staff were very helpful. It was just all 'round good and the price I paid was great ($110.)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, 6 March 2011
Dear McGalio,

The team at Vibe are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay on the Gold Coast and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We are glad to hear that you were impressed with your room along with the amazing views.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Gold Coast in the near future.

Warm regards

Antwerpen, België
Reviewed 4 March 2011

I enjoyed a 3 night stay in February. I was very impressed with the room. Nice Kingsize bed and it was huge ! I did not take the breakfast option : a bit too expensive : soo many other and cheaper options close to the hotel. 22 dollars for internet access per day is also too much according to me.
But if I ever return to Surfers , I will stay here again ! Bus stop to/from the airport very close !

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Dear Joeri110178060,

The team at Vibe are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay on the Gold Coast.

I was very pleased to read your review & we will take the feedback on board regarding the Internet access. The team here would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Gold Coast in the near future.

Warm regards