“Gorgeous views, fantastic location, loved it!”

Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“Gorgeous views, fantastic location, loved it!”
Reviewed 4 May 2011

My partner and I just loved staying here for our "babymoon" in April on a discounted room rate. The free magazine on check in was a nice touch and set the scene for the whole stay. The hotel was clean and modern, and the view from the room was just gorgeous! The location was fanstastic, just a short walk away from beach, nightlife, shops and major bus routes. The pool was lovely (even if it was freezing cold!) and I'm sure we would have spent more time in the poolside bar if I hadn't been pregnant! :-P The room service dinner we ordered was very underwhelming for the price, but with everything so close by, you don't need room service anyway! We didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Guess we were just lucky!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
VibeHotelGC, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, 10 May 2011
Dear changethestars,

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold coast are delighted that you and you partner enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your complementary company of Marie Clair magazine. This is something that the hotel will be offering until the end of June 2011 for all of our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Our Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Warm regards
Murray Blunden
Hotel General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 3 May 2011

All in all the Vibe was fantastic. We arrived very early, and were allowed to store our bags until we checked in. A great location, right near the Theme Park bus stop. Our only problem was beds - in the Vibe's defence - nowhere was it mentioned that the twin room had two double beds - however this was the assumption... We solved our problem by pushing the beds together (to sleep 3). This problem was made up for in the large amount of bathroom space (room for 3 girls getting ready simultaneously is rare in a hotel), and close proximity to EVERYTHING! All in all, the hotel was great value for money and I would consider staying again!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travelkeen88
Dear Travelkeen88,

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold coast are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

It was great to hear that you & your friends found the location & rooms to your liking.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Our Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Warm regards
Murray Blunden
Hotel General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Stayed a couple of nights - room was OK although TV could be updated - room cleaning service after first night did not clean room until after 3pm. Worst part though was the terrible breakfast. "Hot" food was cold. Food was tasteless and very poor quality. Bread provided for toast was at least a week old and stale. Take advise and eat at McDonalds - anywhere would be better than at the Vibe.

Room Tip: Dont waste your money by eating at the VIbe
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank howie067
VibeHotelGC, Executive Assistant Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, 26 April 2011
Dear howie067,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at Vibe hotel Gold Coast

I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback. In relation to the points you have raised about the Hotel Breakfast Buffet, I have addressed your concerns with our Executive Chef here at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. This is in a effort to improve our overall guest experience.

On a positive note I am please to advise that we will be upgrading our televisions in all of our Vibe, Aqua View & Premier King rooms throughout this year.

I would like to thank you providing this feedback and if you would like to discuss this in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 April 2011

We stayed at the vibe for 4 nights in early April. It was a great stay, the Vibe is in a great location close walking distance to everything. Our room was clean and tidy with a great view over Surfers Paradise :)
The check in was very fast and easy, less than 5 minutes - definitely a good thing!
The car park is small but the staff here are very good at getting your car out or into a car park for you, so isn't a worry at all.
We would stay here again when we return to the Gold Coast.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
VibeHotelGC, Executive Assistant Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, 21 April 2011
Dear Travelingkiwigal.

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your 4 night stay & that you found your hotel experience an enjoyable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 April 2011

The location is just perfect!! Located by the river, convenient for a leisurely walk to ogle at the million dollar houses...a short 10-15 minutes walk to the Surfers Paradise beach (depending on your pace and if you get distracted by the many shops and restaurants) along the way.

My bf and I were there to celebrate my birthday and prior to arriving, I've written to the hotel just to confirm the details and get some suggestions on airport transfers as well as restaurants. Jade Moran, who's the Reservations Manager, replied my email and provided some very good information and suggestions (Thank you very much Jade!!). Both Thumbs up!! I was pleasantly surprise with a bag of Vibe candies, a birthday card and a couple of drink vouchers from the Vibe crew. Totally Awesome!! Thank you if the Vibe team is reading this!! :)

While our stay has been totally comfortable and awesome, there are a couple of areas where the management can look into. Firstly, we had an early Airasia flight and arrived at the hotel at about 9am. We were told that the room was not ready which is understandable and that we should go for a walk and be back by about 12pm. We got back at a little after 12pm but were told that our room was not yet available. So we waited at the reception area (thank god for those comfy sofas). While waiting, we noticed that many others who came after us were able to check-in (they came in with their luggage and did not get them from the luggage storage area, not sure what was the story there. We were so tired that both of us dozed off on the sofa for abit and finally got the keys to our room at just a couple of minutes before 2pm.

Now while we don't expect perfect housekeeping, we are on a holiday after all. This may have ticked off other guests which I thought might be good for the management to know. One day, we inserted the 'Please make up room' card on our door when we went out in the morning. We got back late in the afternoon, our room wasn't made up. That's fine. Another day, the room was made up but seems like a really shabby job. There were still hair all over the place. Not sure if this was due to lack of staff or was I too messy. :)

All in all, Vibe is a great hotel and I would definitely be staying there again if I ever get to go back to Gold Coast.

Dear silveryz80,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay & that you found your hotel experience an enjoyable one. I am pleased that you chose to spend your birthday weekend with us & that you had a great time on the Gold Coast.

I would like to pass on my apologies in regards to your daily room servicing. This is something that I have followed up personally with the Housekeeping Manager ensure a more enjoyable experience for other guests moving forward.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2011

Checking in : They said my room would be ready at 2, it wasn't ready till 3... so i was sat in reception for an hour, could of been given another room? The hotel itself was clean, the rooms were spacious and some lovely views from the balconies. They had a fridge, unfortunately it was filled with items they are trying to sell, would be better if they just provided an empty fridge. The locks were terrible for the rooms, i would say out of 10 nights, 8 times i had my key re-set, and one time my lock battery needed replacing. I had some good nights sleep, the beds were massive and the shower was pretty good. Unfortunately, the last event which tipped me to only give it a 3 star, i had a wake up call set for 9am and i didn't receive it.. instead my noisy neighbours woke me up a little later but in time to catch my flight, just. I did mention this to reception who stated someone should have came to the room, but no-one did. The spa was also broke for the duration of my stay.

Room Tip: The pool is freezing!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
VibeHotelGC, Executive Assistant Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
Dear Deathdude12,

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast is delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I do apologise that we missed the mark in a couple of areas. I have addressed these areas with the crew here at the hotel.

On a positive note, I am happy to let you know that our spa is now operational. The new motor arrived from overseas has since been installed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our Vibe Hotels in the near future.

Kind regards,

Seremban
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Amazing staff, among the best we have deal with. Peter and the rest of staff were really excellent and very helpful, they certainly add few stars to the hotel.

Amazing location, next to buss station, bus to airport(702) and theme park(TX2 and TX5) stop at this stop which is just mere few meters from hotel.

Walking distance to beach and centre of surfer paradise. Plenty of food and shopping mall around it, opposite Cavill Mall.

Room was nice and comfortable, for the rate they charge its obliviously a great deal.

Will certainly stay here again on my next trip, and will highly recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple