The Vibe at Surfers occupies an old building that even a very good renovation job doesn't quite redeem. The building is about as ugly as they get and the public spaces show their age.
The room I had, however, didn't have this feeling of someone trying to turn a sow's ear into a silk purse. The renovation job has been well carried out, and the views on the river side are very nice.
The hotel is just beyond the worst of Surfer's Paradise's excesses, so it's reasonably quiet while still being close enough to restaurants, shopping and the beach. Both halves of the supermarket duopoly are within five minutes walk.
The bed I had was quite comfortable but it was one of those king sized ones made up of two singles, so it had a lump in the middle. The pillows were incredibly thin, but there were a pair of cushions with a bit of lift to them.
The shower was something of a squish. My hair brushed the ceiling before I even got near the rose, and I had to kneel in order to get my hair wet. This was a bit of a reminder that the building dates from a less pragmatic era.
The hotel claims to follow an environmental policy of not replacing towels that are hung rather than scrunched, but I found my hung towel replaced each day anyway, so there's not much in the claim. Seems to me a hotel with a genuine concern about the environment would have recycling bins in the rooms.
Parking is available, but for the next year or two, it would be wise to allow extra time as the construction of a light rail line is making Surfers always atrocious traffic even worse than normal.
Overall, a fine hotel with generally great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will love the convenience of staying right in the very heart of Surfers Paradise.Your Vibe Gold Coast hotel is centrally located in the midst of Gold Coast lifestyle, opposite the Chevron Renaissance Village, just a block from Cavill Avenue, the heart of the Gold Coast shopping district, and overlooking the picturesque Nerang River.We are perfectly placed for a leisurely stroll to Surfers Paradise beach, world-class shopping, fantastic nightlife, restaurants galore and lots of fun attractions...Or you can just relax in comfort. The Gold Coast is brimming with fun filled activities including fishing charters, bungee jumping, motorbike tours, surfing lessons and even a few swings at one of the many leading golf courses at hand...And did we mention the beaches? And at the end of your busy day, return to your ideal Gold Coast hotel and relax in the comfort of your well appointed hotel room or suite, take a plunge in the pool or take an evening stroll along the promenade an soak up the atmosphere of the Gold Coast...Enjoy the vibe at your Gold Coast hotel with personality...Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Toga Hotels, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vibe Hotel Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vibe Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Vibe Hotel Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia