The hotel is in a great location. Just across the road is Cavill Ave with many shops and restaurants. The beach is also just down the road.
If you are a light sleeper, don't get the room facing the main road as you can hear the traffic quite loudly. In saying that, I don't know how much better the river view rooms were since I didn't stay in them.
The room was comfortable enough as long as you are not expecting too much. The shampoo and conditioner bottles were half empty when we first arrived but the next day, house keeping gave us extra bottles so that was alright. Our king bed was actually made up of 2 single beds joined together. The room was spacious. There were not many electrical sockets around. I couldn't find any easily accessible ones near the bed.
The service ranged depending on who you got. The first hotel receptionist just stared at me when I first went to check in. There was no greeting at all. He spoke politely enough I guess. The guy who spoke to when I checked out was much friendlier and warmer.
Carpark is $8 per night. Just be aware that you may get double parked as the carpark is very small. The hotel staff will move any cars that are double parking other cars but it can be troublesome.
If you are just looking for a hotel in a good location and you don't need anything fancy, I would recommend the Vibe Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will love the convenience of staying right in the very heart of Surfers Paradise.Your Vibe Gold Coast hotel is centrally located in the midst of Gold Coast lifestyle, opposite the Chevron Renaissance Village, just a block from Cavill Avenue, the heart of the Gold Coast shopping district, and overlooking the picturesque Nerang River.We are perfectly placed for a leisurely stroll to Surfers Paradise beach, world-class shopping, fantastic nightlife, restaurants galore and lots of fun attractions...Or you can just relax in comfort. The Gold Coast is brimming with fun filled activities including fishing charters, bungee jumping, motorbike tours, surfing lessons and even a few swings at one of the many leading golf courses at hand...And did we mention the beaches? And at the end of your busy day, return to your ideal Gold Coast hotel and relax in the comfort of your well appointed hotel room or suite, take a plunge in the pool or take an evening stroll along the promenade an soak up the atmosphere of the Gold Coast...Enjoy the vibe at your Gold Coast hotel with personality...Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Vibe Hotel Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vibe Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Vibe Hotel Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia