“Great value”

Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This hotel has to be the best value on the Gold Coast.

The rooms are well appointed and cover all the basics although the furnishings are beginning to get a little dated. Cane tables and chairs just aren't going to cut it any more.

Room service as always, was exceptional. Nothing better than coming home after a few drinks and ordering a bowl of wedges from this hotels room service menu. They are the best wedges I've ever eaten and they are one of the things that I really look forward to with each stay.

Parking is really cheap, like really. The car park does fill up quickly though and has a first in best dressed type situation.

Very well located, across the road from a shopping centre and Cavil Ave is within a 5 min walk as well as the beach.

Only gripe - the noise. Get a river/Hinterland view room over a beach view room if you're a light sleeper like me... only this time I really noticed the noise of traffic crossing the bridge over to Chevron Island which I haven't noticed on prior trips.

Room Tip: Avoid a room facing the highway/beach. The noise from the road is very excessive.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Warren C, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Hi GF2183,

Thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Gold Coast.

We were delighted to read that you found our hotel to be of great value and that you love our room service!

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Warren Cullum
Hotel Manager

There are newer reviews for Vibe Hotel Gold Coast

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Great rooms, very clean and generously proportioned and not too mention very funky as well. We found our room in the 19th floor overlooking the main road a bit noisy from the traffic below. Overall a good location in Surfers Paradise, very handy having the bus stop out the front, which made it easy to hop on the buses to theme parks and the airport. All in all I felt it represented good value for money.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon M
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Jon M,

Thank you for your feedback on the Vibe Gold Coast as we enjoy hearing great news of our hotel.
I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and our handy location.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

Pro- Facilities were awesome. Very modern, living room, kitchen and balcony view.
-$8 dollar parking
-Close to beach and food.
-Con - I hate paying for Internet and they didn't even have Wifi - my mac doesn't have a plug in anymore so I couldn't even get internet even if I wanted to pay the 24 dollars. Being so modern I was surprised.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear bibiandnini,

The team at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast are delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us at the hotel!

Reviewed 31 May 2013

I loved staying in this hotel last year when I went to the Gold Coast for the second time. The location is very good and is near shops and plenty of buses. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I absolutely loved the breakfast I could eat it all the time. So yummy. The rooms were very lovely as well. Room service was delicious. I would stayed here again defenantly. I would not mind even working here either.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Matt M

Dear Matt M,

Thank you for your feedback on the Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, as we really appreciate hearing great news.

We take a lot of pride in our Vibe crew and the hotel. I will definitely inform everyone of your appreciation.

We look forward to seeing you in the near future. Please feel free to contact us directly for your next booking.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed 4 nights in a twin room. Requested a high floor and our request was granted. I was very surprised how quiet the hotel was given our room overlooked the main road.
Size of the room was above average and so was the bathroom.
Had to call reception to work out how to get the shower to work but overall no major problems. personal opinion only but I disliked breakfast. With Cavil Ave so close I would recommend sourcing breakfast outside of the hotel.
Reception staff were very helpful, escpecially with directions to the theme parks and shopping locations
Hotel is non smoking. There is only one allocated smoking area downstairs outside.
The pool overlooks the waterway and the is a pool bar with daily happy hour

Room Tip: Request high floor so if yr room faces the main road you wont hear the traffic
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends

Dear newycrystal,

Thank you for your feedback on the Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, as we really appreciate hearing great news and that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 30 May 2013

One would thought that with the Gold Coast tourism being down so lately, the hospitality industry would make every effort to accommodate their guest with the view of attracting these people for longer and perhaps return one day. I certainly have not experienced this at the Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. The 4.5 star rating is definitely overrated. The hotel complex is old compare to a lot of the other ones I've stayed at. The fittings are also not the newest. There were dirty stains on the cups. Despite vacancies, the staff had placed us facing the main road where there is road works going on. The laundry room is a gloomy place with rusted machines. Staffs were generally unenthusiastic and not helpful. Definitely wont come back for any seconds! Very disappointed, as Vibe in other insterstate cities are so different!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank B S
Warren C, General Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2013

Dear B S,

Thank you for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Gold Coast. We appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your comments.
I was sorry to read that your recent stay with us fell short of your expectations, please be assured that your valued feedback has been shared with the team.
If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind regards,
Warren Cullum
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I stayed for one night during the Blues Festival. I was lucky enough to get a good last minute (very last minute) deal and was even more delighted to be upgraded to a beautiful suite on the top floor which, despite average weather, has stunning river views. The rooms were clean and well presented. The bed was extremely supportive. I can also heartily recommend the buffet breakfast which at $15 is an absolute steal. Don't let the term "buffet" leave you thinking it's just make-your-own-toast and fight for the only single serve of honey-but cornflakes. This is a comprehensive hot and cold international food-fest. A total bargain. All in all, a great stay. I will be going again.

• Stayed: May 2013
VibeHotelGC, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Mouses,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent visit.

We are grateful that you took the time to review us. We at Vibe Gold Coast always welcome feedback from our guests. Without feedback, we cannot know the true experience our guests have had whilst staying at the Hotel.

I can see from your feedback that you enjoyed your experience.

We know when one travels to Gold Coast that you have a great number of Hotels to choose from, so thank you for choosing Vibe Hotel Gold Coast and staying with us a “hotel with personality”.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you next travel to Surfers Paradise. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any assistance in making your forward reservation.