“Ruined my holiday”

Vibe Hotel Gold Coast
Ranked #20 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Poor room maintenance. There was a loud horrible screeching sound happens every min in bathroom upon our check in. The staff turned off the hand washing sink and told us would get it fixed tmr. However, during our three nights' stay, no one come to fix it, we live without water from hand washing sink until we checked out. In addition, the air conditioning was very very noisy which make us cannot fall asleep unless turn it off. What a bad hotel facilities are those !!!

There was a hotel movie channel on television when I turn on it, I tried to find TV channel but failed to do so. Upon hotel check out, I was shocked because a $24.5 movie fee was charged to my room. I explained no staff told us upfront the TV got charge channel, and I did not obtain any price list for the movie either. Otherwise I won't even touch the television at all, who would pay for a movie costs $24.5 in hotel room? Crazy! To be frank, may be accidentally click into it I don't know, but the front desk staff was very unconcerned, they responded: "the movie fee would charge to the hotel if u don't pay, it is a hotel policy that u hv to pay, if u want to complain pls go ahead. "

The whole experience made me feel very disappointed to the hotel, all they want is $$$, no "integrity" in their dictionary. I have never thought of a hotel with good ranking on tripadviser would provide such a bad room and service! They ruined my holiday.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Areyaaa
Jay F, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Dear Areyaaa,

Thank you for your review regarding Vibe Hotel Gold Coast.

It was disappointing to read about the issues you experienced during your stay.
I can assure you that this is not the usual Vibe Hotel experience our guests enjoy and apologise for any communication issues that seem to have arisen during your time with us.

If you would like to further discuss your stay, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best Regards,

jfawckner@vibehotels.com.au

Write a ReviewReviews (3,405)

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Just love the Vibe Hotel. Very friendly efficient staff. Great buffet breakfast and good views.Night lights are magnificent. Room always clean and tidy. Repeat customers. So close to walk anywhere in Surfers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jenny S

Dear Jenny S,

Thank you for your positive review, it is truly appreciated.

We are pleased to hear that you find our team to be very friendly and helpful and also enjoy the hotel’s convenient location. At $15.00 per person our breakfast buffet is fantastic value for money and we appreciate your feedback regarding this. It was wonderful to read that you always find our rooms clean and tidy and are in fact repeat customers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel and please contact me directly on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Good stay - making me type 200 characters is ridiculous and makes me want to abandon providing you with feedback. quite rude - i have taken time to give you feedback and you are demanding 200 characters minimum. take what you can get i think

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolyn H

Dear Carolyn H,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Gold Coast.

We appreciate your feedback and if you would like to further discuss your stay please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Being so close to the heart of Surfers paradise and the view overlooking the city and beach was great. The staff were friendly and helpfull. The bed was comfortable, the shower was warm and the room well cleaned and well maintained.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Glen M

Dear Glen M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Vibe Hotel Gold Coast.

It was wonderful to read that you found our staff friendly and helpful, bed comfortable and room to your liking. Our views to the city centre and beach are truly great as you have mentioned.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I stayed here for a conference in May. Having not visited the GC before it was good to have staff who could point me in the right direction of things. It was much better than I thought it would be given the heaps cheap rates.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel C

Dear Daniel C,

Thanks for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We were glad to hear that you found your first visit to the Gold Coast better than your initial expectations. I have passed your comments on to our staff who were delighted that you found them helpful with regard to directions.

Although our rates are amongst the best on the Coast we always strive to provide the best possible experience to our valued guests and hope that when you return you will consider staying with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back and please contact me directly for any future reservation.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Enjoyed the room with the views and privacy, letdown with no parking and having to park elsewhere. Made it hard to come and go, with plans to go out that involved driving. It was a burden knowing it was going to cost us a minimum of $9 for hourly parking. Although the room value was cheap, with an extra cost of $45 we can consider spending that extra elsewhere without having to walk.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Phiroth R
Jay F, Manager at Vibe Hotel Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Phiroth R,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased that you found the Hotel good value for money and enjoyed your room, privacy and the balcony views.

I apologise regarding the car parking. We have limited spaces and as such it is not always possible to guarantee a place for every guest particularly during peak times.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I can't rate this place more highly, talk about value for money. Loved my stay particularly because of the great staff who were very friendly. My room was massive (a nice surprise)
it was really a studio complete with a kitchenette that even had a microwave, toaster & proper fridge. Ask for a room higher up on the river side to avoid traffic
noise.They really think of everything you might need! You can catch the shuttle bus to the domestic airport about 150m away(book 24 hrs ahead) and it's a short walk down to the esplanade. Woollies is just across the road too, so the location was great! There are a lot of road works going on along surfers paradise boulevard, so I was very happy to be a block back where you can't hear them at all. Definitely stay again if you want convenience, modern features and a comfortable room without the big price tag.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear smart_traveller00,

Thanks for taking the time to write a great review,

Our team are thrilled with your positive comments regarding their service. They do their utmost to provide a memorable guest experience.

I appreciate your comments about our convenient location close to the esplanade, supermarkets and close proximity to both public transport and airport shuttle buses.

It is wonderful to hear that you found our Hotel modern, comfortable and great value for money.

We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to the Gold Coast and please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservation.